Persona 4 on Ps3 aww god!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-HeaveR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 -HeaveR-
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts

I have a 60 gb PS3 and have been playing Persona 4 in the little free time that I have I had 20 + hours on the game. I saved and my file went corrupt!!! Now I know this thread probably wont have any outcome but is there anyway to fix these files that go corrupt by exporting them or something because this seriously SUCKS ass! I dont see myself going through the game again so if there is any way please help. Ive tried copying to another internal memory card this has worked for me 1s for some strange reason but now all I get is an error.

Thanks

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
I just beat Persona 4 on my ps3 (60 gb) like 2 months ago & had no issues. Are corrupt files a regular on your ps3? Ps: Persona 4 is the BEST out of the series.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
Sorry, once it's corrupt and quit the game, there's really nothing you can do with it. Did you ever happen to notice the game tell you 'Save Failed' sometime whenever you save in Persona 4 (also in P3) while playing on a PS3? That's most likely when it got corrupted. It happens on a rare occassion while playing either game on a PS3 for whatever reason. For the future if you start playing again, pay attention to what it tells you when you save your game. If you ever get the 'save failed' message, just try saving again immediately after and it should work. They'll still be a corrupt file on the virtual memory card you'll need to erase, but you'll still have your progress in the good file you created right afterward.
-HeaveR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -HeaveR-

Thats the stange thing... I saved it and it Didn't tell me anything. I just saved as normal I played on made a wrongdecision choice in persona and rebooted and my save was corrupted. I've had this a couple times before but I had backups so I didn't care to much about it but this time I only had one save dammit

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MusashiSensi
This is exactly why I save in multiple slots.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

Thats the stange thing... I saved it and it Didn't tell me anything. I just saved as normal I played on made a wrongdecision choice in persona and rebooted and my save was corrupted. I've had this a couple times before but I had backups so I didn't care to much about it but this time I only had one save dammit

-HeaveR-
Well, thing is about the little 'glitch' I described in my previous post is that the "Save Failed" message appears just like the normal "Save Successful" message does after a save. If you just usually rush pressing X past the message usually, it's very easy to overlook it. Live and learn. I only knew about it from being on the P3 boards a year and a half ago when other people noticed it doing that occassionally.
-HeaveR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -HeaveR-

It sucks... but hey I learned from it. lol Just like I learned that you should lock your bike up best aspossible!in the centre of Amsterdam or it gets stolen! Learned that the hard way last weekend arggg... Ill make sure to backup my files better thanks for the replies anyway:P

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
The game sometimes fails to save correctly, I had the same thing happen on both Persona 3 and 4. Key is to check the in-game message to make sure it saved, it will notify you if it somehow failed to save at which point you can overwrite the save slot.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

That stinks. Hardcore. The only consolation I can give you is it's such an awesome game that it's not that terrible if you have to play it again. I can totally understand though why it would be so disheartening.

Keep multiple save files net time!

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]I just beat Persona 4 on my ps3 (60 gb) like 2 months ago & had no issues. Are corrupt files a regular on your ps3? Ps: Persona 4 is the BEST out of the series.

Persona 3 is the best imo.. i never got a chance to finish 4.. i was halfway through (aboot 60 hours) when my blasted PS3 died taking my save files along with it >:'(
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
Played mine on the PS2. I heard a lot of corruption issues on 60GB as well. Sucks man.
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
A friend of mine had the same issue with Persona 4 on a ps3. He lost also like 20 hours. He now saves on multiple slots and tries not to save too quickly, apparently he noticed that if you don't let your PS3 enough time to load while saving corruption can happen.
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

uhh ive played both P4 and P3 o my Ps3 and have had no problems with it. i have the 80gb btw.

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
A friend of mine had the same issue with Persona 4 on a ps3. He lost also like 20 hours. He now saves on multiple slots and tries not to save too quickly, apparently he noticed that if you don't let your PS3 enough time to load while saving corruption can happen.Odrec
Um, yeah, about that. Doesn't it ALWAYS say that when you save? Even during the PSX days?
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
True but I've had the three PS systems and I never had any data go corrupt. Maybe the BC of PS3 systems is not that great so you have to be extra careful.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]I just beat Persona 4 on my ps3 (60 gb) like 2 months ago & had no issues. Are corrupt files a regular on your ps3? Ps: Persona 4 is the BEST out of the series.PoisoN_Facecam0
Persona 3 is the best imo.. i never got a chance to finish 4.. i was halfway through (aboot 60 hours) when my blasted PS3 died taking my save files along with it >:'(

P3's characters have no life. It's like playing with zombies.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

I bet 99% chance that you rebooted the system while data was being saved. Doing so while rebooting causes corrupt files. I had 1 around 3 years ago and it was because I was trying to save a game and my brother unplugged the system in the middle of it.

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

sorry to hear that I rotate between 3 saves while playing persona so its not really an issue for me. although i did get a file currupt one time, but i tried to load the file again and it worked just fine. I don't know have you tried to load the game save again. I'm not sure why it worked for me but maybe it will work for you as well.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
On every game you should be having multiple saves, unless Persona doesn't allow that. But sorry about that, maybe you can just try the ol' restart PS3 and try again?