Patching games and region-locked accounts question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Okay so the situation I have is this.  I have a UK Vita that I have been using with my Japanese PSN account perfectly fine for a few months.  I can access the store and buy/download games no problem.  Using a Japanese account to patch Japanese games is easy enough.

The question I have is what if you have the Asian (Hong Kong) version of a game with a non-HK region PSN ID?  For that matter what happens when any game of one region is used in the Vita with an account from a different region?  Will the game simply find the corrosponding (in my case, Japanese) patch for the game?

I ask because I am considering importing Zero no Kiseki Evolution and by all accounts the game is a buggy, unplayable mess pre-patch.  I could get the Japanese version to ensure full compatability but the Japanese versions tend to be priced higher than their Asian counterparts. 

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Hmmm. This is a good question. I know my NA version of Wipeout 2048 detects the update, even on an EU account. Is that helpful? I'm pretty sure you can't apply update files to other regions, so I'm sure it'll only search for the update from the game's original region. I think you're good to go. DLC wouldn't work, though.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
[QUOTE="Granpire"]Hmmm. This is a good question. I know my NA version of Wipeout 2048 detects the update, even on an EU account. Is that helpful? I'm pretty sure you can't apply update files to other regions, so I'm sure it'll only search for the update from the game's original region. I think you're good to go. DLC wouldn't work, though.

Thanks for the answer. Let's see what other people say so we can get some consensus.