Pairing PS3 Controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
I recently bought a Nyko contoroller and I don't know how to pair it with the PS3. I plugged it into an unused USB port, and turned on the PS3. Then "Press PS" showed up, but the controller didn't work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks...
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Your better off to just pay a little more and get the official Sony controller. The controller you have may not support Blu-Tooth that the Sony controller uses.
amozarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 amozarte
Member since 2008 • 1536 Posts

While I agree with the above response in that you should get a DualShock3, that answer doesn't help you much since you already bought the Nyko, so here's some help:

1) RTFM:

Check to make sure the USB receiver is plugged into one of the PlayStation 3's USB ports and that the red LED on the receiver is lit to confirm the receiver is powered.

Turn the controller on by pressing any button on the Zero and then press the Zero buttons on both the receiver and the Zero controller. The Zero button on the Zero Controller should turn a solid color. If after you have linked your controller to the receiver you are still having communication issues, please contact Nyko customer support.

2) RTFM again:

1-888-444-6956 between 8:30AM and 6PM, Mon-Fri Pacific Standard Time, or email customersupport@nyko.com.

Chaos_Tower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Chaos_Tower
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
Try getting Ds3 a saw a ton of them on sale on wal-mart. and try avoiding those nyko controllers
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
Try getting Ds3 a saw a ton of them on sale on wal-mart. and try avoiding those nyko controllersChaos_Tower
I dont see why people tend to avoid the nyko zero controller I had 2 black ones and i love em. sure the d-pad is a little iffy and isnt bluetooth....but overall its a solid controller. To TC: once you insert the dongle in the unused USB port. You have to click the button on the dongle twice. When its blinking really fast press the button in the middle of the Nyko ps3 controller. Doing that will turn the controller on. From there you wont have to do it again. To turn off the controller just simply remove the dongle and let the controller turn off by it self in 30 secs.