This topic is locked from further discussion.

UnicornRiduhr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UnicornRiduhr
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Anybody else overwhelmed by the amount of games coming out..Skyrim,BF3,Uncharted...and I still have to pick up ICO collection and splinter cell. Anybody else feel this way? So many games, so little time.
MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

I've been overwhelmed for the past 10 years now....Since the PS2 days. Completing enough games to ever feel like you're "caught up" I think is an impossible task, unless that's literally all you do all day and live in a basement.

NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NamelessJay
Member since 2007 • 3082 Posts

The list of game I have yet to play in my PS3 collection alone is just nuts and the release of Arkham City and Uncharted 3 are not going to help when it comes to playing those one bit because I'll probably be playing them until next year :P I remember when I first started playing Uncharted 2..... disc didn't even leave my PS3 for 6 months haha.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
There is alot for everyone, dont matter what your tastes are there is something special coming soon.
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Uploaded with ImageShack.us Courtesy of Dueling Analogs...
teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 teacher4tc
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts
This is hilarious! yet so true I work a full time 40 hours and then a second job 16 hours a week , And I just picked up RAGE, Oblivion, Dead Isand and Res 3 and no time to play AHHH!!! Overwhelmed is not even close LOL
Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Race
Member since 2003 • 3294 Posts

It's a lot, but too much to play is always better than not enough.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

I bought 10 GH titles + Resistance 3 and Rage some time ago and i'm finished with two of those games. With all the games coming out in the next few months, i'm pretty overwhelmed (allthough i can't complain :P).

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

There would be no problem if people would finish what they have in the first place. Trying to play multiple games at a time to me is the same as trying to read multiple books or watching multiple movies at a time. Imagine pausing Toystory 3 at the garbage dump scene to watchStar Trek or Inception.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Yes I do feel that way, and I was stupid enough to buy RE5 and ME2 because of the price drops so now I have even more games and I can't even play more than 4 hours per week. Usually fall is this heavy and after that it settles down, but next early year has amazing new releases as well and I just have no idea how I'm gonna catch up.

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 teacher4tc
I just got to excited with all the games and bought too many now. But I like having too many then none at all
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

I don't let myself get overwhelmed.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I have plenty of free time. I work 40hrs weeks but no part job. My problem is the hit my wallet would take if I tried to buy all of the games.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I feel the same. I would have no issue with not buying a game near launch and buying it when I'm done with my current games. Problem is, I'm worried that the game will be hard to find by then and I might have to resort to buying it used or bidding for it on eBay. I'd rather buy it and leave it in my collection until I have time for it. But that philosophy has resulted in me having a huge backlog.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 x-2tha-z
But I like having too many then none at allteacher4tc
Too many then none at all? I don't understand. Do you buy a load of games then sell them all or something?
PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts
I've been overwhelmed for the past 10 years now....Since the PS2 days. Completing enough games to ever feel like you're "caught up" I think is an impossible task, unless that's literally all you do all day and live in a basement. MC-Reap
LOL....best answer ever. I think that sums me up to a 'T'. When it comes to gaming I think I live in perpetual state of overwhelmed; I just learn to live w/ it by now. I think if thought too hard on it I'd really go out of mind. I swear I just wish I could live like rich chick for once and not have to work; then maybe I would actually catch up on my gaming. :P
Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Izak80
Member since 2008 • 399 Posts

Anybody else overwhelmed by the amount of games coming out..Skyrim,BF3,Uncharted...and I still have to pick up ICO collection and splinter cell. Anybody else feel this way? So many games, so little time.UnicornRiduhr

I agree with you, i don't know where to begin, I want em all.

JotaPreisler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JotaPreisler
Member since 2011 • 153 Posts

I am going for BF3, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim for the end of the year. I already have Rage and Dark Souls, so the scene looks like this: I won't be getting out of my house for 6 months. I'll need some supplies!

Seriously though, this is the first time I buy more than three games per year. I hope it is worth the money.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I still have games from last year to play; Bulletstorm, Vanquish, Dead Space 2, Castlevania, Little Big Planet 2, along with this years Motorstorm Apocolypse, Resistance 3, Killzone 3 and up-coming Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, House of the Dead Overkill, and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One. ( and Forza 4 and Gears of War 3. ) Whats a man suppose to do?

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

I know what you guys mean. I have so many games in my backlog it isn't even funny lol. What makes matters even worse is that in the next couple of months I'm gonna get a ton of new games.

GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

I was already overwhelmed BEFORE I got married and after my husband and I settled into our new house and took a look at our video game collection (this was after we had gotten rid of all the games we had two copies of), let's just say that overwhelmed is an understatement.

TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts
After not getting to a number of big titles I picked up on release until they were half or even less in price... I decided I'd take my time and pick up only the biggest title I wanted new each season. Right now, It's Skyrim. I'll get to Uncharted 3, Batman, Ico and others sometime next year.
teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 teacher4tc
[QUOTE="teacher4tc"]But I like having too many then none at allx-2tha-z
Too many then none at all? I don't understand. Do you buy a load of games then sell them all or something?

I worded this wrong my fought LOL, I meant to say I would rather have too many then not have no games
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
I know the feeling well, back when i was in school and university it seems i always had time to play. Both me and my fiance dont have much free time to allocate towards our hobby as we use too. On top of our PS3, DS and PC, we both want Wii for Christmas.. I simply must have new Zelda that is coming out soon and the lady had enough of Mario Kart on DS and wants Wii version. No matter how you look at it, there are many fantastic games coming out. I have saved up for Battlefield 3 and really would love to pick up Skyrim. Other then that, money have to be spent on everyday chores, you know - rent, bills, food etc.. ;) So yeah, i absolutely agree, feeling overwhelmed is a right word.
survivor9712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 survivor9712
Member since 2010 • 366 Posts
I don't get it . I never finished a game in one setting . It takes me to around a month or 2 weeks at least to beat a game . and not that many games interest me .
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 x-2tha-z
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="teacher4tc"]But I like having too many then none at allteacher4tc

I worded this wrong my fought LOL, I meant to say I would rather have too many THAN have no games

Fixed.
hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#27 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

I feel the same, i have so many games to complete before i start on the mountain of games coming out in the next few months.

Luizao2779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Luizao2779
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts

Great Thread! i know the feeling as well, Specially since I have to share my PS3 with my wife, and my kids demand their Wii time as well. i don't have time enough to play the games I already have, i wonder what will i do with the ones I want.

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
I forgot, I've got Assassins Creed 2 saved for a rainy day too.
Mondrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mondrath
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

I don't seem to have this problem because most games only take me about 3-4 days to finish (and yes, I do have a job, it's just that I'm an insomniac and don't get much sleep). My advice to not get overwhelmed though is to think about what game will give you the most play time. I'd like to play all the games mentioned (especially Arkham City) but have decided on Dark Souls and Skyrim. Between them you get about 300 hours of game time.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Tell me about it man! every october-november is like this, it's impossible to keep up. probably won't be done with all the good games this year until next fall, haha

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

Tell me about it man! every october-november is like this, it's impossible to keep up. probably won't be done with all the good games this year until next fall, haha

destinhpark
Me either man. I'm putting money that we will be seeing GTA5 around this time next year, so that's not going to help either. If a GTA is good, I can spend as much time on one as I would in an rpg. I put over 300 hours into San Anrdreas, but probably less than 60 into GTA IV.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

your telling me...I've got God Of War Orgins,Batman Arkam City, Battlefield 3, MW3, Skyrim, Rage, And Assassins Creed Revelataions, Uncharted 3

So Many Awesome Games...So Little Money...

Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts
My backlog is crazy to. I might limit my new games next year to 10 game so I can catch up on what I have now.
UnicornRiduhr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 UnicornRiduhr
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Jeez, Ive paid off BF3 and skyrim, now I need money for UC3...this is gonna be a pain..
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
The only game I will be getting in the near future will be Skyrim. Other than that, nothing (I started working on Demons Souls then other day.)
risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

I work 40 hours a week. and go to school 3 times a week, but now it's vacation time. gaming baby! gaming!

Overwhelemed? Nah .. those games can wait except for Skyrim!!!

LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

I always find that there are too many games to play so I usually just play the ones I like the most. The next few months should be good.

ApaZulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ApaZulu
Member since 2011 • 99 Posts

I'll be getting Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. The rest of the awesome games coming out can wait.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#40 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Definitely a lot of games coming out. I have 18 games on my wishlist just for 2012, and that doesn't include the games already out :P

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

Overwhelmed is an understatement.

I've had a backlog growing for quite some time. I was unemployed for a while, so buying games meant that I had to scrounge together money for just one and then play it till I could afford to get something else. I definitely took my time and got my money's worth out of those games. Now that I've had a full time job again and got promoted in the last few months, I haven't had much time for anything. I work 40+ hours a week and might as well say that I'm on-call because I'm an assistant manager and that's how it feels. I still have to finish BioShock 2, Borderlands, RAGE, Resident Evil 4 HD, Beyond Good and Evil HD, LittleBigPlanet 2, the Ico / Shadow of the Colossus Collection, the God Of War Collection, God Of War III, SOCOM 4, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time, Heavy Rain, Grand Theft Auto IV, Demon's Souls, and Fallout: New Vegas. This is on top of picking up Batman: Arkham City next week then Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and Saints Row: The Third.

In addition to that, there are plenty of other older games that have dropped in price that I want to buy AND I plan on building a gaming PC. What am I thinking?!? :cry:

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts

My gaming strategy:

Rage: finished and returned for $50 trade in + got $10 gift card and $10 credit towards skyrim.

Dark Souls: skipped it for the time being, will come to it in december.

Arkham City: Pre-ordered using the Rage credit.

Battlefield 3: Will use $10 gift card and keep the game well into 2012.

Uncharted 3: Trade in Arkham City and beat as fast as possible, maybe dabble in online if it isn't laggy.

Skyrim: use $10 credit, play alongside BF3 as my RPG/shooter combo.

With Skyrim/BF3 and GT5 2.0, I'm set in terms of gaming for while :D