One way Sony could improve with PSP Go 2.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

If they make another iteration of it

Well, other than drop its price, i'd say much bettery battery life

The screen is smaller (consuming less power) and there is more room on the back of the handheld for a battery, i mean theres no UMD drive so why can't there be a longer or bigger battery to change the Go's current battery life from 3-6 hours to 15 hours +

Could they even do this?

Or do you even care about another redesign of the Go, much like the 2000/3000s

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
They could add a UMD drive. That way it wouldn't be a terrible rip off.
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

I think they should insert an UMD drive

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

Is the Go actually selling well enough to even warrant a new model?

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
nope I dont want a UMD drive on it, currently I have a 3000 psp and im saving for a go *im the kind of guy who loves to have everything* BUT I WOULD CHANGE (on the psp go!)> .Price point...speaks for itself .Bring back the mini USB port.... making data transfer use a propietary cable seems greedy .Bundle a game with every go!, instead of giving away 1 for a limited time .You killed the used game market with the go and the new online activations, at least reduce prices on older games .Work on some umd adapter for those who need it
elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
nope I dont want a UMD drive on it, currently I have a 3000 psp and im saving for a go *im the kind of guy who loves to have everything* BUT I WOULD CHANGE (on the psp go!)> .Price point...speaks for itself .Bring back the mini USB port.... making data transfer use a propietary cable seems greedy .Bundle a game with every go!, instead of giving away 1 for a limited time .You killed the used game market with the go and the new online activations, at least reduce prices on older games .Work on some umd adapter for those who need itelchiquilin
BUT thats cause im keeping my 3000 once I get my go!, cause I want local multiplayer with my brothers
blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

No. Screw the UMD drive.

Sony should post all past UMD games on PSN

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 eejus
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts

I would say the 3-6 hours is fine for how slim the Go is. I like how slim it is because it fits nice in my pocket. The Go's brightness on the lowest setting is actually quite bright and I never really need to use it on a higher setting, except for video as they seem to be darker. On average I get between 4-5 hours on the lowest brightness while playing a game while I would get much longer when I use it to listen to music. It would be nice for more but no matter what people will be asking for more and more.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

I think the best way to improve the PSP GO is to let it die.

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eejus

I think the best way to improve the PSP GO is to let it die.

RAGINGxPONY

But we all know that won't happen Sony is too stubborn.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Is the Go actually selling well enough to even warrant a new model?

Comduter

exactly. they need to sell a few more first. i think they're more likely to discontinue the psp all together.

Emandudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Emandudeguy
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts

They could add a UMD drive. That way it wouldn't be a terrible rip off.savebattery

This G** D*****, also, make the battery last longer and put the analog stick in a comfortable position.

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eejus

[QUOTE="savebattery"]They could add a UMD drive. That way it wouldn't be a terrible rip off.Emandudeguy

This G** D*****, also, make the battery last longer and put the analog stick in a comfortable position.

Do you own a Go? After a while of playing I have found that the Go's analog nub is in alot more comfortable position. I've read that many other Go owners have said the same thing.

Compared to my 1000 when I first played it the Go's battery life is about the same.

I can't fight the point that the Go doesn't have a UMD drive but with the 20 some games I have on the Go, I'll be busy for a while.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

yeah they should add a UMD drive , never understood why did the remove it in first place ?

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

No UMD drive please. Putting a UMD drive on the Go will make it hackable and able to pirate games for reasons no one could mention in GS.

IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IQT786
Member since 2005 • 2604 Posts

psp needs flash player and opera and multiple accounts , youtube that will be my perfect psp

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 eejus

Yeah screw the UMD drive on the Go. If they did that all you haters would get one and then talk about how cool it is. If it gets a UMD drive it will not be as slim and that's one reason I like it.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RAGINGxPONY

Yeah screw the UMD drive on the Go. If they did that all you haters would get one and then talk about how cool it is. If it gets a UMD drive it will not be as slim and that's one reason I like it.

eejus

People hate it because the price is ridiculous, and the fact Sony controls the price of the games on the PSN and they price them ridiculously high, and the fact that there are so many games not even available on the PSN.

So yes if they add a UMD drive it would solve most of the problems with GO, but that would be pointless since the 3000 already has the UMD, and it's already cheaper and is just overall better than the GO.

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 eejus

[QUOTE="eejus"]

RAGINGxPONY

People hate it because the price is ridiculous, and the fact Sony controls the price of the games on the PSN and they price them ridiculously high, and the fact that there are so many games not even available on the PSN.

So yes if they add a UMD drive it would solve most of the problems with GO, but that would be pointless since the 3000 already has the UMD, and it's already cheaper and is just overall better than the GO.

Man, you and I fight on this all of the time but it's friendly enough and I never intend to slam you with my opinion, though I like to put my opinion in. The price of the Go is a tad high but for the size and compared to other handheld devices, outside of 3000 and DS, it can ALMOST be justified so I can agree with you there though I was okay paying the $240 on amazon. And the PSN prices can be better but I don't complain, though my income is a little better than others being that I am out of college and have a decent job so I can see how students or the younger crowd in general have this complaint.

So yes, if you like UMD then stick with 3000 because if they were to add it to the Go then it would be bulky as well.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tekken220

[QUOTE="eejus"]

RAGINGxPONY

I just went to PSN to check the prices. All the games there are cheaper than UMDs. (46 dollars just for GTA VCS? WTF?!!)

Also, PSP Go+UMD Drive=PSP Stop because having a UMD Drive on it would defeat it's purpose of being more mobile than the older ones.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#21 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

They need to put the UMD drive back in.

I really can't see why I would buy a Go when I can get a 3000 and play downloadable games AND UMD games.

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eejus

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

[QUOTE="eejus"]

tekken220

I just went to PSN to check the prices. All the games there are cheaper than UMDs. (46 dollars just for GTA VCS? WTF?!!)

Also, PSP Go+UMD Drive=PSP Stop because having a UMD Drive on it would defeat it's purpose of being more mobile than the older ones.

I like you for that statement.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#23 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

[QUOTE="eejus"]

tekken220

How does having a UMD drive make it less portable? You get the best of both worlds with a UMD drive. The ability to download games or have UMDs. And the system can be redesigned to be more portable and maintain the disc drive.

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 eejus

[QUOTE="tekken220"]

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

BuryMe

How does having a UMD drive make it less portable? You get the best of both worlds with a UMD drive. The ability to download games or have UMDs. And the system can be redesigned to be more portable and maintain the disc drive.

The Go is thin enough to keep in your pocket. If you add a UMD drive to it then it will be thicker making it less portable than it is now. It fits in my pocket like a thin wallet but if it were to have a UMD drive it would be bulging out of my pants I would have a bigger problem in my pants.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RAGINGxPONY

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

[QUOTE="eejus"]

tekken220

Here you guys go brand new copy of FF Dissdia available for 29.96 at Wal-mart. It's 39.99 on PSN.http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-PSP-PSP/10926972

Get your facts straight tekken.

Also I said I think the PSP GO shouldn't have a UMD drive.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tekken220

[QUOTE="tekken220"]

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]I just went to PSN to check the prices. All the games there are cheaper than UMDs. (46 dollars just for GTA VCS? WTF?!!)

RAGINGxPONY

Here you guys go brand new copy of FF Dissdia available for 29.96 at Wal-mart. It's 39.99 on PSN.http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-PSP-PSP/10926972

Get your facts straight tekken.

Also I said I think the PSP GO shouldn't have a UMD drive.

Well UMDs are imported in where I live, making it more expensive than it actually is.

I paid 60 dollars just for Gran Turismo!

left2live4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 left2live4ever
Member since 2009 • 185 Posts

-Increase the storage capacity to at least 32gb.

gameinfo8956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 gameinfo8956
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts

They should just take a loss on it and cut all productions. Just start anew with a whole new portable. Clearly dual analog sticks, but stay away from the possible cell phone hybrid concept. Makes the cost too much. Maybe throw in a 5 megapixel camera, or an Amoled screen with 720 capabilites. Maybe some sort of Applications.