Okay, I got some beef with sony (please listen)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BC20FLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BC20FLY
Member since 2008 • 1672 Posts

Alright, lately I have been seeing all this crap about how the 360 is all of a sudden getting these RPG's from

Square. When I first heard it, it started to get under my skin and I was a little, well more than a little disappointed.

about a month later I then find out that Atlus (one of my favorite companies) is proudly announcing to make

3rd party exclusives for the 360. When i saw this i thought "ok, this is the last straw" Sony!!!, WTF is wrong with you?

Why, Why!? are these kind of RPG's not rolling in to your console. Your previous consoles (PS1, PS2) were the king of

the RPG's. What some of these companies fail to relize is that the majority of the 360 fanbase like FPS and aren't

into JRPG's the majority of them is on the PS3 side and we are craving them. Instead they think the console with

the largest fanbase is the place to go but will end up knowing soon enough that it will not sell well compared to the PS3.

Now this is where I point fingers at sony. Look, i dont give a **** what system is more capable than the other,

listen to this part carefully, no matter what market you get yourselves into, PRICE PLAYS A ROLL IN EVERYTHING!!!!

The reason why these developers arent making these games exclusive to the PS3 is because they are worried

that their game sell well because of the smaller install base, and the reason why its small is because of the price,

$400 is all well and good but its not enough you NEED A PRICE CUT so that install base can grow and these JRPG

developers can once again make games exclusive to the playstation brand. I want to see these guys make good

use of the technology to make a great overall experience with the game just like MGS4 did with me

(God I love that game) Sony, not everyone is like Hideo Kojima, some of these companies are mainly in it

for the money they like to think buisness first before fans *cough*Star Ocean 4*cough*, look even if you can't

get a price, do something ANYTHING to get these RPG's to become exclusives, do whatever it takes sony PLZZZ!!

Well thats my two cents sorry this was long but I had to get this of my chest whats your take in this

Moderator Note: Censor Bypass removed.

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts

*walks up to the mic and coughs*

Blog

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Quit the complainin. A price cut is honestly not needed AGAIN. The ps3 comes suited up with a blu-ray player and yet some of you still shiver over the price. Also, yes, we are missing out on some good rpg', but if you really want them just do with any working man or woman who can afford to would......BUY THE OTHER SYSTEM AND ENJOY YOURSELF.
Fatal_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fatal_D
Member since 2004 • 186 Posts
times change, its up to develops to choose what console to develop games on which is best for them since 360 is way easier to develop for then PS3. if you want to play those RPGS/JRPGS mentioned, go buy a Xbox and stop complaining......simple.
dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts

Quit the complainin. A price cut is honestly not needed AGAIN. The ps3 comes suited up with a blu-ray player and yet some of you still shiver over the price. Also, yes, we are missing out on some good rpg', but if you really want them just do with any working man or woman who can afford to would......BUY THE OTHER SYSTEM AND ENJOY YOURSELF. MusashiSensi

i agree with him. doesn't a Blu Ray player cost more by itself anyway? when you buy a PS3 for $400 you are getting a pretty good deal.

firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts
yea, the ps3 is a pretty good deal, considering the fact that sony is getting butt raped because the ps3 costs so much and they sell it for so cheap should be enough for you nimrods to stop complaining.
cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cebcubs1
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

Now this is where I point fingers at sony. Look, i dont give a F*** what system is more capable than the other,

listen to this part carefully, no matter what market you get yourselves into, PRICE PLAYS A ROLL IN EVERYTHING!!!!

The reason why these developers arent making these games exclusive to the PS3 is because they are worried

that their game sell well because of the smaller install base, and the reason why its small is because of the price,

$400 is all well and good but its not enough you NEED A PRICE CUT so that install base can grow and these JRPG

developers can once again make games exclusive to the playstation brand.

BC20FLY

I don't agree with this. Sony does not need a price cut. As someone else pointed out earlier, PS3 is the best deal around considering the included features. Do the math:

360: $300 base (new price coming soon) PS3: $500 (80 GB)

+ $100 for wifi; + $0 for wifi

+ $200 (original price) for HDDVD; + $0 for Blu-Ray

+ $15 for cheap multicard reader; + $0 for included multicard reader

+ $15 for 2 extra USB ports (total 4); + $0 for included 4 USB ports

+ ~$4.50/ month for XBL; + $0 for PSN

Total= $680 for 360 + 1 yr XBL; $500 for 80 GB PS3> NO PRICE CUT NEEDED

Back to the rpgs: The reason M$ is getting all the exclusives is b/c they pay for them. I do agree that Sony is partially to blame for the loss of many games to M$, but a price cut is not the answer. They need to take a page out of the M$ gaming manual and start paying companies for exclusives.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
How many of these developers are going to stay with the other console after a year or so.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Just buy both consoles - that way, you will not miss out on any exclusive titles.
CessPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CessPool
Member since 2003 • 398 Posts
Or stop worrying about what games are coming and go outside and play...
BlueKittyMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BlueKittyMoo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Microsoft have started to buy these RPGs in a last-ditch attempt to boost the sales of the 360 in Japan etc. where sales aren't as big in America.

They were criticised for having too many "shoot-em-ups" so they are releasing more RPGs to reel in the customers.

shaemar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 shaemar
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Quit the complainin. A price cut is honestly not needed AGAIN. The ps3 comes suited up with a blu-ray player and yet some of you still shiver over the price. Also, yes, we are missing out on some good rpg', but if you really want them just do with any working man or woman who can afford to would......BUY THE OTHER SYSTEM AND ENJOY YOURSELF. MusashiSensi

some broke a.s.s ppl . i hate how ppl come to message boards just to complain. like take that **** elsewhere, like ur own mind

zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
Microsoft is using their deep pockets to pay for these exclusives so they can improve their success in the Japanese market. Sony is quite a big company too, but they don't have the liquid assets of Microsoft to be able to attempt the same thing. I'm not sure what you can do about it. That's why I have both systems.
GaMeR_Willz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GaMeR_Willz
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts
Stop complaining, but I feel the same as you. But RPG games will eventually come to PS3, look PS3 got 10 years life span, so don't worry! ;)