Ok so i tried to dl my welcome back game (just tried one...)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

ok guys i gave it a shot myself personally. got through the menus and all the way through to dling a game. the dl ALMOST started but stopped short due to an error code. so i had to sign back into the store. upon my return i realized that i had loast one of my vouchers and now i must wait ona response from sony on the matter for resolution. i have since decided to give it about a week or two before i try to dl again. im telling you all this as a warning to be careful. definatly dl at your own risk today. i kinda figured this would happen which is why im not too upset. but its still an annoyance to have to wait ona resolution from sony themselves.

has anyone else encountered a similar situation today?

Xiosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Xiosis
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts
The same thing just happened to me.
edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
Also happened to me. Sort of angry.
SummerHillard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SummerHillard
Member since 2011 • 414 Posts

I don't understand this. If you purchase a game from the PS store, it becomes tied to your account. You can redownload it as many times as you want to a single console (and up to several different consoles) in case you lose it.

If you already *tried* to download one of the free games, then doesn't that mean you've "redeemed' or "gotten" it? It should be tied to your account now, so you shouldn't even need "vouchers," should you? You should be able to find the game in the PS store and download it for FREE, as it should already be TIED to your account.

The way that people are talking here, it seems like these games aren't really yours to keep at all. That you get one chance to download, and once your console/HDD fails you never get to download them again?

So either THAT is true, making this entire package a complete load of horse crap ... or people don't realize that once they've SELECTED a game, it IS tied to their account, and they don't have to worry about losing it. I'm still trying to figure out which one of these two scenarios is true.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

It's a known glitch that pretty much every other PSN thread here has an answer for. Look in the other threads for the solution.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Calm down guys, all is not lost:

1. Go to Account Management

2. Select Transaction Management

3. Go to Service List

4. Select SCEA Promotion

5. Choose either Welcome Back: Free PS3 Game 1 or Game 2, depending on which one you redeemed.

6. Hit Select Game and it'll direct you back to the PSN store page where you can pick the game.

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
i lost both my vouchers! dam sony ripped me off! if they dont sort this out im gona sell my ps3 along with over 70 ps3 games. first i lose my credit card details to hackers then i lose my free games from sony this is bull****! i sent them an email to
hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts
[QUOTE="SummerHillard"]

I don't understand this. If you purchase a game from the PS store, it becomes tied to your account. You can redownload it as many times as you want to a single console (and up to several different consoles) in case you lose it.

If you already *tried* to download one of the free games, then doesn't that mean you've "redeemed' or "gotten" it? It should be tied to your account now, so you shouldn't even need "vouchers," should you? You should be able to find the game in the PS store and download it for FREE, as it should already be TIED to your account.

The way that people are talking here, it seems like these games aren't really yours to keep at all. That you get one chance to download, and once your console/HDD fails you never get to download them again?

Basically what were supposed to do is download one at a time. None of knew that so we lost that first game. If your like me and have multiple downloading accounts, you can just get what you want there.
crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

3. Go to Service List

4. Select SCEA Promotion

5. Choose either Welcome Back: Free PS3 Game 1 or Game 2, depending on which one you redeemed.

6. Hit Select Game and it'll direct you back to the PSN store page where you can pick the game.

it comes up with a error and says i have none
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

3. Go to Service List

4. Select SCEA Promotion

Gxgear
times a million. lord guys, calm down. yes we are getting some errors because of all the traffic right now.. everyone will get their games.. RELAX!
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

3. Go to Service List

4. Select SCEA Promotion

crashndash

it comes up with a error and says i have none

It can only be one or the other.

If it says error, just hit O and try again. Too many users accessing the PSN store at the moment.

If it says you have none, then my guess is you've selected a game but it showed you an error. In which case go to your Download List and retrieve you game there.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

3. Go to Service List

4. Select SCEA Promotion

MethodManFTW

times a million. lord guys, calm down. yes we are getting some errors because of all the traffic right now.. everyone will get their games.. RELAX!

Should make a sticky thread with the solution to this problem, so many threads popping up asking the same question.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="SummerHillard"]

So either THAT is true, making this entire package a complete load of horse crap ... or people don't realize that once they've SELECTED a game, it IS tied to their account, and they don't have to worry about losing it. I'm still trying to figure out which one of these two scenarios is true.

nope thats not it i have tried to search it out. i checked my transaction history and it says that i tried to dl one of the free games and i have one left but in my download history the game is nowhere to be found. i recommend anyone having this type of problem contact sony on their website so that they can become aware of the problem and fix the issue, not just sweep it under the rug like i would assume they would normally do...
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slvrraven9

It's a known glitch that pretty much every other PSN thread here has an answer for. Look in the other threads for the solution.

Legendaryscmt
i tried the other threads and none have a fix for this issue. this is not the same problem as the others which is why i posted in a new thread...
Xiosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xiosis
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts
WIIDan7 has a trend that should solve any prombles anyone is having with the welcome back program
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

3. Go to Service List

4. Select SCEA Promotion

the problem is that if you tried to dl and you were hit with an error, youve lost that voucher and you only have one dl left. (if youve only tried it once) trust me i went through all the scenarios. it shows in your transaction history where you tried but in your doanload history your "purchase" is nowhere to be found. the only way to resolve it is to contact sony.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="hardyfan8"][QUOTE="SummerHillard"]

Basically what were supposed to do is download one at a time. None of knew that so we lost that first game. If your like me and have multiple downloading accounts, you can just get what you want there.

i even tried to do one at a time which is why i still have my second voucher. anyway lost first one. kinda suxs but i expected to have a hiccup the first few days. i just wanted to give it a shot though...
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

3. Go to Service List

4. Select SCEA Promotion

slvrraven9

the problem is that if you tried to dl and you were hit with an error, youve lost that voucher and you only have one dl left. (if youve only tried it once) trust me i went through all the scenarios. it shows in your transaction history where you tried but in your doanload history your "purchase" is nowhere to be found. the only way to resolve it is to contact sony.

Unfortunate for you if true, but this method is what fixed it for me and a lot of others. I'd just keep trying as well as contact Sony (not that I think their crummy, and likely flooded, customer service can help you much) since the network's unstability is what's causing all the problems.

hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts
[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

3. Go to Service List

4. Select SCEA Promotion

Just tried this, your my god and savior.
DarnUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarnUniverse
Member since 2011 • 59 Posts

3. Go to Service List

4. Select SCEA Promotion

Gxgear

Just one more thing to add.

Ifyou're still unable to DL the game, or get an error code, just go into the download list in the PS Store. You should see the games chosen at the top of the list and download them from there.