Official Sony PS3 Theme Creator?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gizmo12345 (1189 posts) -

I am getting my ps3 this week and want to have a go at making some themes for it. Ive heard theres a few creators, ive tried downloading two ive found via google but no joy. Apparently theres an official sony one, Anybody got a link to download it legitly?

Also if you have found any realy nice themes on the net to download, post an image and/or a link for me if you can. Id love that.

Thanks.

Heres my favourite i can find;

#2 Posted by urdead18 (3630 posts) -

Use your PS3s internet browser and search "PS3 Themes".

It should be the first result, click it and look at the themes until you hit the bottom, click next page and repeat. When you see one you like, just click it's title and press "Download Now" to download it straight to your PS3 and go to Themes to apply it.

#3 Posted by gizmo12345 (1189 posts) -

It should be the first result, click it and look at the themes until you hit the bottom, click next page and repeat. When you see one you like, just click it's title and press "Download Now" to download it straight to your PS3 and go to Themes to apply it.

urdead18

Ok some people realy dont listen so they need it spelling out to them.

"I am getting my ps3 this weekand wantto have a go at making some themes for it. Ive heard theres a few creators, ive tried downloading two ive found via google but no joy. Apparently theres an official sony one, Anybody got a link to download it legitly?"

This means I havent got my console yet to do that & I want to make my own!

#4 Posted by yarou1000 (6466 posts) -

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

gizmo12345

"I am getting my ps3 this weekand wantto have a go at making some themes for it. Ive heard theres a few creators, ive tried downloading two ive found via google but no joy. Apparently theres an official sony one, Anybody got a link to download it legitly?"

there is a theme creator on ps3-themes.com havent tried it though
#5 Posted by gizmo12345 (1189 posts) -

Thanks I will try that one.

#6 Posted by yarou1000 (6466 posts) -

Thanks I will try that one.

gizmo12345
yea my friends have done it and theres turned out pretty good the website also has some really good themes but it takes some time to get past the shovelware
#7 Posted by urdead18 (3630 posts) -

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

gizmo12345

"Also if you have found any realy nice themes on the net to download, post an image and/or a link for me if you can. Id love that."

I told you where to find some really nice themes. Also, why do you always spell "really" wrong?

#8 Posted by HarshGamer (2822 posts) -

urdead18
LOL of the day...... As to the TC......i have no idea.
#9 Posted by urdead18 (3630 posts) -
[QUOTE="urdead18"]

HarshGamer

He asked where he can find nice themes. I told him the most convenient way to acquire these themes, seeing as he doesn't have a PS3 yet I assumed he doesn't know all of the ins and outs of it.
#10 Posted by HarshGamer (2822 posts) -
[QUOTE="HarshGamer"][QUOTE="urdead18"]

urdead18

He asked where he can find nice themes. I told him the most convenient way to acquire these themes, seeing as he doesn't have a PS3 yet I assumed he doesn't know all of the ins and outs of it.

As a first....he was looking for a theme creator. Second.....he only told you he was looking for themes.....not the easiest way to put them on the PS3, of which he does not own yet.
#11 Posted by urdead18 (3630 posts) -

[QUOTE="urdead18"][QUOTE="HarshGamer"] LOL of the day...... As to the TC......i have no idea.HarshGamer

As a first....he was looking for a theme creator. Second.....he only told you he was looking for themes.....not the easiest way to put them on the PS3, of which he does not own yet.

I figured I'd be extra nice and let him know the best way to find them, and the fact that he doesn't have a PS3 yet means he probably doesn't know the best way to get them/put them on his PS3. If he does, who cares. Ignore the post.

#12 Posted by HarshGamer (2822 posts) -

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"][QUOTE="urdead18"] He asked where he can find nice themes. I told him the most convenient way to acquire these themes, seeing as he doesn't have a PS3 yet I assumed he doesn't know all of the ins and outs of it.urdead18

I figured I'd be extra nice and let him know the best way to find them, and the fact that he doesn't have a PS3 yet means he probably doesn't know the best way to get them/put them on his PS3. If he does, who cares. Ignore the post.

You talk the talk, but do you walk the walk? I mean, you DID answer my post, of which is quite ignorantly, socially influenced.
#13 Posted by urdead18 (3630 posts) -
[QUOTE="urdead18"]

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"] As a first....he was looking for a theme creator. Second.....he only told you he was looking for themes.....not the easiest way to put them on the PS3, of which he does not own yet.HarshGamer

You talk the talk, but do you walk the walk? I mean, you DID answer my post, of which is quite ignorantly, socially influenced.

Your second sentence makes no sense. Please rephrase.
#14 Posted by HarshGamer (2822 posts) -

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"][QUOTE="urdead18"] I figured I'd be extra nice and let him know the best way to find them, and the fact that he doesn't have a PS3 yet means he probably doesn't know the best way to get them/put them on his PS3. If he does, who cares. Ignore the post.

urdead18

Your second sentence makes no sense. Please rephrase.

lol, i don't understand that one myself :D

#15 Posted by gizmo12345 (1189 posts) -
[QUOTE="urdead18"]

[QUOTE="gizmo12345"]

[QUOTE="urdead18"]

"Also if you have found any realy nice themes on the net to download, post an image and/or a link for me if you can. Id love that."

I told you where to find some really nice themes. Also, why do you always spell "really" wrong?

"Also if you have found any realy nice themes on the net to download, post an image and/or link for me if you can, Id love that" Yes i asked for some of your favourites as I cant find much out there. I am usinga computer to tell you this, I told you i dont have my ps3 yet and you suggested otherwise. I dont know if you were trying to anoy me but it sounded pretty in your face as you were telling me such a simple thing, All i wanted was to know what you liked not how to look on the internet. Sorry if you didnt mean it like this but it was unhelpfull and anoying unlike the other people here trying to help.
#16 Posted by gizmo12345 (1189 posts) -

Hahahaha I do spell it wrong, just realised thanks, anyway im sorry for anoying you if you were realy tring to help.

#17 Posted by urdead18 (3630 posts) -

Hahahaha I do spell it wrong, just realised thanks, anyway im sorry for anoying you if you were realy tring to help.

gizmo12345
You just spelled really wrong again, lol. And yeah, I was saying when you got your PS3 that's what you should do. Since you didn't have it I didn't think you'd know how.
#18 Posted by gizmo12345 (1189 posts) -

Ok im sorry.

Using that program one of you suggested im working on a theme now, its quite a nice program actually and my theme is coming along nicely. I will post the finished product.

#19 Posted by yarou1000 (6466 posts) -

Ok im sorry.

Using that program one of you suggested im working on a theme now, its quite a nice program actually and my theme is coming along nicely. I will post the finished product.

gizmo12345
HEY HEY i suggested that!!!!! anyways can u show me the finished product?
#20 Posted by gizmo12345 (1189 posts) -
[QUOTE="yarou1000"][QUOTE="gizmo12345"]

Ok im sorry.

HEY HEY i suggested that!!!!! anyways can u show me the finished product?

Yes definately, thanks again. The great thing about it is i can photoshop my own backgrounds and tweak icons. Im not great at icons but ive made some nice effects for backing. Ive been looking for icons on the net but they are hard to find sets. I have this set but its missing PSN & Play TV. And it doesnt work with what ive got. I tried downloading another theme and using their icons but nobody has a complete set, theres always one or two icons missing. The one im working on at the moment is a kinda neon techno theme, im not sure if its working though so i might start over.
#21 Posted by gizmo12345 (1189 posts) -

I just scanned my hand into my printer, tweaked it slightly and made it a bit zombied, And turned a poster of left 4 dead into a kinda business card and edited it in, looks nice I just gotta get the dimensions right.

#22 Posted by lemy1215 (25 posts) -
if u want free themes for your ps3 go to www.xtremeps3.com/ps3-downloads/xmb-themes/ they have a lot of good theme my fav is kingdom hearts
#23 Posted by lemy1215 (25 posts) -
if u want free themes for your ps3 go to www.xtremeps3.com/ps3-downloads/xmb-themes/ they have a lot of good theme my fav is kingdom hearts