Official Hi-def PS3 game pics thread!!! (56k=instant death)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 treyeumph
Member since 2005 • 1738 Posts
There is a thread like this in another forum, and its a really cool thread with everyone contributing pics to help others see what hi-def gaming is like on PS3.  Those of you with digi cameras and hi def tvs, I encourage you to post pics.  I'll start it off...

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
I hate you!! You make me want a PS3 even MORE!! I can't wait until march :cry:
Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts
awsome dude keep it up
PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts
wow. you've just sold me an HDTV right there for my ps3.
Avatar image for speedjunkie1992
speedjunkie1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 speedjunkie1992
Member since 2006 • 1395 Posts
Drool..... all those games look ace. HDTV does make a difference then. I hate the fact that i have to wait till march and wont have the money to get a decent HDTV :(
SonicTheMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SonicTheMonkey
Member since 2004 • 2709 Posts
its kinda hard to see the difference if your computer moniter isn't HD. thats like trying to advertise HD TV picture with SD TV ads
Avatar image for GrieverTheGreat
GrieverTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GrieverTheGreat
Member since 2006 • 893 Posts
i would add pics but my camera not good like yours would do the games or my HDTV any justice
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
As awesome as those pics are (and some of them are really damn impressive), but I fail to see the point of pics of HD images that are in a lesser than HD resolution. I mean, the graphics are awesome, but the small images just can't live up to the original resolution.
Avatar image for speedjunkie1992
speedjunkie1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 speedjunkie1992
Member since 2006 • 1395 Posts
its kinda hard to see the difference if your computer moniter isn't HD. thats like trying to advertise HD TV picture with SD TV adsSonicTheMonkey
It might be hd
marco_polo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 marco_polo13
Member since 2004 • 219 Posts
Damn Resistance looks so much better damn I sure wish I had a HD TV. My crapy TV isnt even 480 so yea it looks like crap.
Zero636

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zero636
Member since 2004 • 610 Posts

dammmnn wut HDTV do u hav?

treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 treyeumph

Zero636

thanks for the nice comments guys, my tv is a 56" samsung 1080p DLP.  Great TV for about 2000.00.  If you have any pics saved, post em guys!
treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 treyeumph
Drool..... all those games look ace. HDTV does make a difference then. I hate the fact that i have to wait till march and wont have the money to get a decent HDTV :(speedjunkie1992

When I first got my PS3 I played on composite wires.  After getting HDMI, the differnce was pretty big. 
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
F1 racing is probably one of the best looking games ive ever seen on any console...any word of when its coming out?
treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 treyeumph
 a few more
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Miguel16
[QUOTE="speedjunkie1992"]Drool..... all those games look ace. HDTV does make a difference then. I hate the fact that i have to wait till march and wont have the money to get a decent HDTV :(treyeumph

When I first got my PS3 I played on composite wires. After getting HDMI, the differnce was pretty big.

how big of a difference...im playing on composite right now and waiting on my monoprice hdmi and hdmi to dvi cables
treyeumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 treyeumph
by the way guys, if you have not picked up Full Auto2, get it now.  Its basically a next gen twisted metal with more game modes and destruction.  Online was great.  Very underrated.
Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
Holy crap
didn't think a HDTV was THAT necessary
damnn :shock:
Avatar image for extremeps3gamer
extremeps3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 extremeps3gamer
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts
I play on a sdtv but I can't wait to get my hdtv
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
by the way guys, if you have not picked up Full Auto2, get it now. Its basically a next gen twisted metal with more game modes and destruction. Online was great. Very underrated.treyeumph
Heh, I was just going to ask you for your opion on this game, since you obviously own it. From what I've seen, it looked pretty fun to me. Strange that the reviews for this game are so mixed. But bleh, I'll have to wait till march to get a PS3 anyways. ;)
mastermu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mastermu
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts
Damn my tv is only 720p :P
creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts
[QUOTE="Zero636"]

treyeumph

thanks for the nice comments guys, my tv is a 56" samsung 1080p DLP.  Great TV for about 2000.00.  If you have any pics saved, post em guys!

I have the 50"model of that TV...agreed, killer TV for the PS3 and 360 and live it looks even better people. I scoff at the people that say there is no difference between SD and HD TV.

DylanDJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 DylanDJK
Member since 2005 • 2001 Posts

I play on a sdtv but I can't wait to get my hdtvextremeps3gamer

Dont type so damn small man, its hard to read. Anywho nice pics, I play SD also and want HD, but i can wait and the difference to me aint work another $1000(i have played on my friends HDtv).

timmotool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 timmotool
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
AMAZING! Youre TV is truly amazing. It shows what the PS3 should always look like!
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Not ever before have I thought that HD graphics made any difference to video games, but since I opened my PS3 and hooked it up to my 720p HDTV with a component cable, I now see that it truly does make a difference. I was waiting to get a Wii, and I thought that graphics didn't matter, until my parents bought me a PS3 instead. Now, graphics aren't the most important, but they are important nonetheless. It gets rid of the jaggies (well, most of them anyways) that I hated last generation on my xbox and ps2. HD, in the end, just brings you more into the experience because it just stands out more...it's more vibrant.

Yeah, too lazy to take a pic, but just wanted ppl to know that HD does make a difference, if it's on the Wii or the 360. It's even more demanding on the PS3, since its games BEG to be displayed on a HDTV thru a component or HDMI cable. Heck, even the XMB screen looks crisp, clear, and fluid. You truly haven't gamed if haven't played in HD.

DylanDJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 DylanDJK
Member since 2005 • 2001 Posts

Not ever before have I thought that HD graphics made any difference to video games, but since I opened my PS3 and hooked it up to my 720p HDTV with a component cable, I now see that it truly does make a difference. I was waiting to get a Wii, and I thought that graphics didn't matter, until my parents bought me a PS3 instead. Now, graphics aren't the most important, but they are important nonetheless. It gets rid of the jaggies (well, most of them anyways) that I hated last generation on my xbox and ps2. HD, in the end, just brings you more into the experience because it just stands out more...it's more vibrant.

Yeah, too lazy to take a pic, but just wanted ppl to know that HD does make a difference, if it's on the Wii or the 360. It's even more demanding on the PS3, since its games BEG to be displayed on a HDTV thru a component or HDMI cable. Heck, even the XMB screen looks crisp, clear, and fluid. You truly haven't gamed if haven't played in HD.

glitch2424

You summed it best, you dont NEED HD, but having it makes the games look crisper and makes the colours come alive. I can live with SD for 7 more months though.

cheezy909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 cheezy909
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts

OMG!!! There better than i ever imagined. I expected much less of Resistance's graphics. I cant wait till March!

dolkong93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dolkong93
Member since 2006 • 338 Posts
God i want my Ps3 so bad !!!! If only my bro would stop being gay and chip in 100 dollars and then i could get the ps3 +warrenty+ Resistance! But overall awsome photos.avataraang1

couldnt u take out a loan of 100$?

or ask parents/friends? i mean if u asked 5 friends 20$ each...they'd probably give u
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
looks fine to me. pictures are small though
Odissius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Odissius
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts
[QUOTE="Zero636"]

treyeumph

Heh, that's what we got just recently, it's a great TV...however, we picked it up for $1800. :P
Silent-Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silent-Noob
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts
Wow i wish i had a HDTV So it would look better and clear.. it sucks in my crt.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Hopefully I'm getting a HDTV! I'm so lucky.
dolkong93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dolkong93
Member since 2006 • 338 Posts
Damn my tv is only 720p :Pmastermu

720p is actually very good too. I'm on 1080i on a 50" screen, i swtched to 720p and the differnce is only a few jaggies that were probably caused by the 50" ness of the TV. as long as its HD its fine.

Silent-Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Silent-Noob
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts
Wow i wish i had a HDTV So it would look better and clear.. it sucks in my crt.
bsin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bsin94
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts
Wow, those are some amazing pics. HD truly does make a difference...
BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrownWalrus
Member since 2005 • 3467 Posts
Man those screenshots looking amazing. Great TV.

I copied this from my other thread because i really did not want to write it all over again. This is really important to me and i hope someone can help me out.

I have a very important question though. I play on a STDV so obviously the picture doesn't look nearly as good as it could. Now, i don't want a $2,000 55" 1080p Sony HDTV or anything like that, just a decent HDTV gaming/monitor. Plus i hear that 720p is the perfect balance.

I was thinking of getting this since i'm on a really small budget and it seems to be a decent monitor, plus everyone seems to be loving it from the reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824112005

Check out the specifications to the right, it says it supports 1080p but people say that they are getting red/green pixels or something. Most seem to be loving it and say that it looks razor sharp with beautiful crisp colors. They also say it's bigger then it appears. People even said that it looks beautiful on their 360/PS3.

I just want to see what you guys think about it, and if it's a decent picture. I know it's a monitor, and that's exactly what i wanted to ask. It's a monitor, but it supports all the HDTV things and has really low ms (5ms) and decent contrast ratio (1200:1) and supports HDMI as well. What do you guys think? Will this look equally as pretty as on a, say, 26inch HDTV that supports 720p and has similar qualities? I don't mind the size, i just want to make sure that i can hook up my PS3 to it and get a pretty decent image from it.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Miguel16
[QUOTE="BrownWalrus"]Man those screenshots looking amazing. Great TV.

I copied this from my other thread because i really did not want to write it all over again. This is really important to me and i hope someone can help me out.

I have a very important question though. I play on a STDV so obviously the picture doesn't look nearly as good as it could. Now, i don't want a $2,000 55" 1080p Sony HDTV or anything like that, just a decent HDTV gaming/monitor. Plus i hear that 720p is the perfect balance.

I was thinking of getting this since i'm on a really small budget and it seems to be a decent monitor, plus everyone seems to be loving it from the reviews.

Check out the specifications to the right, it says it supports 1080p but people say that they are getting red/green pixels or something. Most seem to be loving it and say that it looks razor sharp with beautiful crisp colors. They also say it's bigger then it appears. People even said that it looks beautiful on their 360/PS3.

I just want to see what you guys think about it, and if it's a decent picture. I know it's a monitor, and that's exactly what i wanted to ask. It's a monitor, but it supports all the HDTV things and has really low ms (5ms) and decent contrast ratio (1200:1) and supports HDMI as well. What do you guys think? Will this look equally as pretty as on a, say, 26inch HDTV that supports 720p and has similar qualities? I don't mind the size, i just want to make sure that i can hook up my PS3 to it and get a pretty decent image from it.

not sure how it supports 1080p since it has a max resolution of only 1680x1050 but it will play in 720p no problem...
BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrownWalrus
[QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="BrownWalrus"]Man those screenshots looking amazing. Great TV.

not sure how it supports 1080p since it has a max resolution of only 1680x1050 but it will play in 720p no problem...

Yea people were saying that they were getting some green or red pixel colors or something, so it doesn't support true 1080p, but then it does support 720p eh? I just want to make sure that it supports HD or looks as good or similar to an HDTV.
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="BrownWalrus"]I was thinking of getting this since i'm on a really small budget and it seems to be a decent monitor, plus everyone seems to be loving it from the reviews.

That monitor has a lot of inputs. :)
BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BrownWalrus
[QUOTE="gizmo_logix"][QUOTE="BrownWalrus"]I was thinking of getting this since i'm on a really small budget and it seems to be a decent monitor, plus everyone seems to be loving it from the reviews.

So that's a good thing? =D

So the image would look pretty decent then eh? So it does support HD Like graphics?
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gizmo_logix
[QUOTE="BrownWalrus"][QUOTE="gizmo_logix"][QUOTE="BrownWalrus"]I was thinking of getting this since i'm on a really small budget and it seems to be a decent monitor, plus everyone seems to be loving it from the reviews.

So the image would look pretty decent then eh? So it does support HD Like graphics?

From the comments it looks like it works great with the PS3. Just make sure you DO NOT set the 1080p on the PS3. Artifacts. You wont need 1080p on a 22inch monitor anyways. 1080i looks good for movies. And 720p for most games. Some games are 1080p, but you can play those at lower settings. 1080p will only be needed it when you get larger than say 45-50 inch.
SirRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SirRaven
Member since 2005 • 934 Posts
I don't have 720p on my HDTV cuz it's so old but those screens of Resistance really really hurt me. It makes me want 720 more and more cuz that looks leaps and bounds above 480p.
Killer_Cyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Killer_Cyborg
Member since 2003 • 2814 Posts

Yeah I know, I can't take a good shot with my camera...Still not bad, but looks 10 times sharper on the TV.
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gizmo_logix
720p/1080i Sharp 26" HDTV
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gizmo_logix
[QUOTE="treyeumph"] a few more

Trey, how did you get the "STILL" photo on RFOM?
inf1uence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 inf1uence
Member since 2006 • 145 Posts
[QUOTE="gizmo_logix"][QUOTE="BrownWalrus"][QUOTE="gizmo_logix"][QUOTE="BrownWalrus"]I was thinking of getting this since i'm on a really small budget and it seems to be a decent monitor, plus everyone seems to be loving it from the reviews.

From the comments it looks like it works great with the PS3. Just make sure you DO NOT set the 1080p on the PS3. Artifacts. You wont need 1080p on a 22inch monitor anyways. 1080i looks good for movies. And 720p for most games. Some games are 1080p, but you can play those at lower settings. 1080p will only be needed it when you get larger than say 45-50 inch.

if this monitor does 720p and 1080i then im def gonna get it...
Hershey07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 Hershey07
Member since 2005 • 5634 Posts

:)
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Miguel16
[QUOTE="BrownWalrus"][QUOTE="gizmo_logix"][QUOTE="BrownWalrus"]I was thinking of getting this since i'm on a really small budget and it seems to be a decent monitor, plus everyone seems to be loving it from the reviews.

supports hd no problem...still not sure on 1080p....but positively will support 720p
BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BrownWalrus
[QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="BrownWalrus"][QUOTE="gizmo_logix"][QUOTE="BrownWalrus"]I was thinking of getting this since i'm on a really small budget and it seems to be a decent monitor, plus everyone seems to be loving it from the reviews.

supports hd no problem...still not sure on 1080p....but positively will support 720p

Awesome =D Then i'm definitely getting this, thanks so much!