oblivion: mercantile trainer or wealthy merchant

This topic is locked from further discussion.

medhopeful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 medhopeful
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts

Can someone tell me where to find a trainer of mercantile? I have so much stuff to sell, but I would be ripping myself off if I sold it for as little as some of these stores have to offer. If no one knows of a trainer, can you at least tell me where to find someone who has at least 2000 gold to barter (more would be even better)? Thank you!

medhopeful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 medhopeful
anyone? please
tantalus4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 tantalus4
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts

i don't think anyone has 2k gold to offer.

the highest i've seen is 1200

tantalus4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tantalus4
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
oh, i forgot to mention, theres a wikipedia for elderscrolls.  it will list every merchant, how much money they have and the trainers.  i don't know the site name.  just search google.
rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts

1200 gold is the max.

I'd try increasing your mercantile and then attempting to re-sell. (Not sure where they're located but try the Wiki Oblivion page)

If you don't mind cheating, duping is another way to make some rather quick cash. (e.g. duping a ring. While the merchant may only purchase the one ring for $800, if you've got 99, you can keep selling it one at a time. This works to your advantage in two ways. #1 money of course #2 that will increase your mercantile skill as well) 

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

1200 gold is the max.

I'd try increasing your mercantile and then attempting to re-sell. (Not sure where they're located but try the Wiki Oblivion page)

If you don't mind cheating, duping is another way to make some rather quick cash. (e.g. duping a ring. While the merchant may only purchase the one ring for $800, if you've got 99, you can keep selling it one at a time. This works to your advantage in two ways. #1 money of course #2 that will increase your mercantile skill as well) 

rothman713

As a mage I can dup potions & such but how do you dup items? What faction gives that ability?

rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts
[QUOTE="rothman713"]

1200 gold is the max.

Sgt_Hale

As a mage I can dup potions & such but how do you dup items? What faction gives that ability?

Duping items is something anyone can do. It's a glitch so it's actually regarded as cheating.

All you need is 2 scrolls. Tap X twice on the scroll in your inventory list. Then, head over to the item you wish to dupe and hit Square (to drop). Exit out and you should find two of the item on the ground.

If you have 99 scrolls, you'll have 99 of the item. A cheap (but convenient) way to rack up the dough! 

Goku004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Goku004
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts
Ok..i have 103 or 4hrs on oblivion and have not seen anyone who offers that much, they stop at like a 1000 the most of seen.....but i sell all the stuff i've gathered to the imperial city's Market District....go there...if your selling armor and weapons go to the hack n slash place....oh and the disposition matters too...persuade him as much as you can...then you can haggle up the percentage of what you sell and buy from him....
medhopeful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 medhopeful
that sucks, i was really hoping to get lots of gold for all the daedric and magic stuff i have. i'm not desperate for gold so i don't need to dupe, but it's just irritating.
lamplan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lamplan
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts

you want to raise merc. skill?  It takes patience, but it's not too hard.

Pick up every possible alchemy ingredient for a couple of missions in a row.

Sell each piece individually to the merchant.  It goes up based on number of sales, not how much its sold for.  once you get up to the 2nd highest level you can get one of the sellers to barter for more.   Also, use charm spells to get the max amount for the stuff you have.

trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
My tip is to make a spell that fortitys your merc skill. have it up your skill by 100 points for 2 secs, then use it on yourself just befor you talk to the merchant, you will have the option to invest 500g into his/her store and thus increasing the money they have to barter with. You can then get up to 1700g. you can also sell things for  70% of what its worth.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
Divine Elegance in the Imperial market has a 1200 gold limit, so if you duplicate an expensive ring (Ring of Sunfire is the best option) then you can sell her the ring over and over again till you have alot of money.
deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

In the thief guild, one of the later fences has 2000. That's the highest you'll see.

I say don't worry. My character sold equipments worth 6000 at 1200 (I'm not in the thief guild, I know about it because of my gf's character) but I still have over 100 000 and 3 houses. Gold is close to useless in Oblivion, since when you have an house, you don't have much other things to spend on. You get better equipments in forts and ruins or quests, so buying some would be useless. For spells, just buy a low spell of each effects and make yourself some better ones. 

medhopeful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 medhopeful
yeah, i know the gold's pretty useless, i just like having it lol. Which fence are talking about? For some reason, not all the fences will sell to me even though I lead the guild now.
sm66612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sm66612
Member since 2004 • 453 Posts

anyone? pleasemedhopeful

Go to some shop in Chorrol. A lizard lady offers some training.:) 

lamplan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lamplan
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts

Some one mentioned the fenses won't all sell for you.... 

*Thief's guild Spoiler* 

You probably pissed off the fence in (chorrol I think) if you returned the honor blade to the king or whatever for the awesome shield rather than the paltry thrieves guild reward.  He no longer offers his fence service to you.

D_Znuhtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 D_Znuhtz
Member since 2004 • 2276 Posts
Why don't you go to the Oblivion forums and post? If you can't post there, it's because you have a Gamespot account, and not a Gamefaqs account. Gamefaqs accounts let you post on both sets of boards, while the Gamespot boards only let you post on their boards. Gamefaqs is owned by Gamespot, so I don't know why they do this except to confuse and irritate people.