Oblivion magical weapon recharge?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

Is it possible to recharge magical weapons? If so, how?

WindyCityFlyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 WindyCityFlyer
Member since 2007 • 308 Posts

i know its possible but i forgot how to do it since i didnt like using magic much

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts

people at the mages guild do it, or if ur part of the mage university they do it there, orrrr use magic stones

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

There are many ways to recharge magic weapons

1) Certain NPC's can be paid to recharge them

2) Visit some Ayleid (spelling) ruins. White crystals found here recharge all magic weapons and armor

3) If you have soul gems and perform "soul trap" on creatures you fill the soul gems. These soul gems can then be used to recharge magic weapons

There might be more ways. This is all I can think of right now. Hope it helps.

VampiraJen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 VampiraJen
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

There are many ways to recharge magic weapons

1) Certain NPC's can be paid to recharge themx-2tha-z

such as those peop;e at the mages guld. alas you have to be a tamriel lotery winner to afford it...

2) Visit some Ayleid (spelling) ruins. White crystals found here recharge all magic weapons and armor

x-2tha-z

this is new to me. never heard or seen of them

3) If you have soul gems and perform "soul trap" on creatures you fill the soul gems. These soul gems can then be used to recharge magic weaponsx-2tha-z

ah, now this could be a whole question in itself. i have four of these hand have no idea what to do with them. could someone fill me in...?

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 x-2tha-z

Ayleid ruins are everywhere. They are white buildings type things, all crumbling, like ruins. There will be a door leading inside the ruin. Go in the door and look for white crystals. They're sometimes placed in metal holders. They almost look like lights. There are also green crystals. Green ones fill your magika.

Note, simply picking up the crystals doesn't charge your itmes. The crystals must be selected from your inventory in order to be used. They will be listed under "misc".

If you have the spell called "soul trap" perform it on a creature then kill the creature as fast as you can. When the creature dies you will be told you've trapped a soul. The soul goes into one of your soul gems. Once there are some souls in the gems open your inventory and select the gem. A new window will open with all rechargable items. Select the one you want to recharge.

VampiraJen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 VampiraJen
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

knew about the ruins of course, it's pretty hard to miss them. i've just never done much non-quest exploring of them, the whole dungeons-in-rpg's is so cliched....guess i should just get over it and get-a recharging

many thanks :)

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 x-2tha-z

This is an example of where these crystals are found. Look on the four pilars. The crystals are placed in holders. Remove the crystals from the holders and use them to recharge your magika.

This is the crystal that recharge your magic weapons. They're called Varla Stones. Google Varla Stones for more info. Varla Stones are harder to get hold of. I think there's only one varla stone per Ayleid ruin. They're sometimes under a cage and you'll have to find the switch to lift the cage so the stone can be claimed.

ZiggyHaloX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 ZiggyHaloX
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts

A woman at the Leyawin Mages Guild can recharge weapons, but I play the 360 version so it may well be different.