This topic is locked from further discussion.

Logpaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Logpaq
Member since 2006 • 590 Posts
hey guys, i was wondering if you have ever seen the flashing red light on your ps3, a while back i got the red lights right after i quit out of fight night round three, so i decided to move it up thinking it will get better ventalation. For about a month i had no problems, and the ps3 never gets extremeley hot, but today i was playing socom 3 online, and wheni quit the game, i got the red lights, what should i do, exchange it or call sony to see what the problem could be, i know its getting plenty of fresh air, what do you guys think
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts
Just go and call the technical support, sony.They will prolly know what to do and the best thing.I suggest you dont go ahead and do something yourself that you dont know about.Call sony...
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
It is important to have it in a well ventalated area, particlarly in the back since that is where the vents are located. As long as you have proper space you should be fine.
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Skippyj9
Member since 2004 • 2825 Posts
I haven't had any problems. My system feels warm to the touch, but not hot, and room-temperature air is blowing out.
Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
Not to sound harsh, or anything, but..."Red light"?  I could have sworn that if the PS3 was overheating, that the blue, and green lights would flicker on, and off alternatively.  But, a red light?  My apologies if it was a misunderstanding.  Anyway.  Sony Tech Support would be best suited for problems stemming from the system.
liquidgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 liquidgas
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts
Just checked the ps3 manual. It says if you get an alternating flashing red and green light it's overheating, but just a flashing red light might be something different. I'd just call Sony and check it out.

The power indicator on the system front is flashing red and green alternately.
  • The interior of the system has become hot. Check whether the system is being
    used in a hot location or whether the vents are blocked. Continuing to use the
    system in the above condition will cause it to stop functioning. Turn the system off
    and leave it unused until it cools down. After the system cools down, turn it on again.
The power indicator on the system front is flashing red and the system does not operate.
  • The temperature inside the system has risen too high. Check whether the system
    is being used in a hot location or whether the vents are blocked. Touch the power
    button on the system front to stop the flashing, and then leave the system unused
    until it cools down. After it cools down, turn on the system again.
http://www.us.playstation.com/content/sites/176/info/frame_safety.html
GameArtGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GameArtGuy
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts
theres been reports of the light turning red and an internal beep noise... is that happening at all?
rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 rahzel54
Member since 2004 • 1732 Posts
it happened to me yesterday after playing for about 3 hours, but i left the glass door closed. it is not recommended to keep it in an enclosed space. if you have it in an open shelf, make sure the back and the right side have a sufficient amount of space to breath and you should be fine.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
its never happened to me