Now, the Ultimate Question: PSPgo vs. iTouch!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

director13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 director13
Member since 2004 • 1677 Posts

hey guys,
I kinda made a similar topic earlier, but that was only with regard to the PSPgo as an mp3 player.

But now that the Go has been out for a while, I hope someone can give their insights when comparing it to the iTouch.

They both cost roughly the same.

Basically, this is my question: If you had to choose between only one of the devices, which one would you choose and why?

(Note: people with iPhones can offer their opinions as well).

Hmm, i really interested to see the results and opinions :)

mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

System Wars is that way. -->

Avatar image for RockinTheCasbah
RockinTheCasbah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 RockinTheCasbah
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts

I have both an 8gig iTouch and a PSP2000 (I know you said go but I would honsetly rather have the 2000) and if I could only choose one than no doubt I would choose my PSP. Better games, better graphics, better control schemes, and I could use it for music and videos as well as games.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

I have both, and would definitley take the PSP GO over the iTouch.There both good however the games on the PSP destroy the games on theiTouch. Plus you can still listen to music on itand watch videos and pictures. The only thing the iTouchhas over the PSP isit has a decent Internet browser while the PSPs is lacking quite a bit.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
I have a 64 GB touch, but I'm still going to get a Go since my 1000 broke. Not to mention the App games on the touch are so-so.
fail_baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fail_baby
Member since 2009 • 898 Posts

1. This is a System Wars topic

2. PSP kills it. Kills it real good.

3. You're on the PSP forums. Do you really expect anyone to choose the Touch?

DarkMaster7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 DarkMaster7991
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts
Well 2 things. First this is kinda the wrong fourm, and well on the PSP Fourm you would most likely get the answer get the Go, but anyways to answer the question". I would go with the Go based on from your pervious fourm. I was there when you made and saw your responses. Frist do you have a PSP Currently? (just wondering). Anyways, Iwoudl go with the Go if you would play your games that you have and decided on using any other features. The music feature is good and while not superior to the Ipod Touch the other features make the PSP worth it. So Go with the Go. Especially if you will play your games (maybe get more) and get the Media go to simplifty your music on the PSP Go. GO for the GO!
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

My friend has an itouch and loves it cuz hes not a big gamer anymore. He likes all the little games that are free (hes only paid for 2 games). I on the other hand enjoy playing a game and leveling up (grinding). And bigger games with more depth. I dont think one is better than the other. Really it comes down to your preference. Do you want something thats casual or something that plays deeper games.

Now if you dont plan on gaming much then Itouch is the way to go. In fact if i wasnt a big gamer then I would get an itouch. However I love my new white psp go and will support it for a long time

director13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 director13
Member since 2004 • 1677 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkMaster7991"]Well 2 things. First this is kinda the wrong fourm, and well on the PSP Fourm you would most likely get the answer get the Go, but anyways to answer the question". I would go with the Go based on from your pervious fourm. I was there when you made and saw your responses. Frist do you have a PSP Currently? (just wondering). Anyways, Iwoudl go with the Go if you would play your games that you have and decided on using any other features. The music feature is good and while not superior to the Ipod Touch the other features make the PSP worth it. So Go with the Go. Especially if you will play your games (maybe get more) and get the Media go to simplifty your music on the PSP Go. GO for the GO!

yeah, i have a PSP1000...so im a little confused. I really don't know, on a personal lever, what i would do more on the go: play music or play games? But thats a personal issue i'll have to fix. By the way, i've noticed that you are always trying to help me: i just want to let you know that i really appreciate it ;)
lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lewisg1212
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts
i have an iphone and a go...it really depends, the iphone is great for 5 mins every now and then, but your not going to sink hours and hours into a single game. psp is more...hardcore, but you have one already so you know the range of games available, if your still a big gamer...psp, if not get the ipod touch.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

PSP 3000

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
i have an iphone and a go...it really depends, the iphone is great for 5 mins every now and then, but your not going to sink hours and hours into a single game. psp is more...hardcore, but you have one already so you know the range of games available, if your still a big gamer...psp, if not get the ipod touch. lewisg1212
Yah Exactly, the games on the touch are not going to keep you entertained for more then 5 minutes, great for those small instances. So on a gaming level the psp is far superior. Now if you want it more for the music and videos, then I say you get the touch. I have a touch, I love it for the music and videos, use it everyday, but it doesn't really keep me entertained the way the psp does.
B-o-u-n-c-e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 B-o-u-n-c-e
Member since 2009 • 99 Posts

hey guys,
I kinda made a similar topic earlier, but that was only with regard to the PSPgo as an mp3 player.

But now that the Go has been out for a while, I hope someone can give their insights when comparing it to the iTouch.

They both cost roughly the same.

Basically, this is my question: If you had to choose between only one of the devices, which one would you choose and why?

(Note: people with iPhones can offer their opinions as well).

Hmm, i really interested to see the results and opinions :)

director13

I think that you can do so much more with an Itouch........

DarkMaster7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 DarkMaster7991
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkMaster7991"]Well 2 things. First this is kinda the wrong fourm, and well on the PSP Fourm you would most likely get the answer get the Go, but anyways to answer the question". I would go with the Go based on from your pervious fourm. I was there when you made and saw your responses. Frist do you have a PSP Currently? (just wondering). Anyways, Iwoudl go with the Go if you would play your games that you have and decided on using any other features. The music feature is good and while not superior to the Ipod Touch the other features make the PSP worth it. So Go with the Go. Especially if you will play your games (maybe get more) and get the Media go to simplifty your music on the PSP Go. GO for the GO!director13
yeah, i have a PSP1000...so im a little confused. I really don't know, on a personal lever, what i would do more on the go: play music or play games? But thats a personal issue i'll have to fix. By the way, i've noticed that you are always trying to help me: i just want to let you know that i really appreciate it ;)

Yeah I was in your situation and thats what I decided on. See I lost my ipod and I was thinking on the PSP (this was after I had my original one and soemthing happened btu anyways), I decided while I will use the music feature alot, I will play the games. I found games that I wanted to play, and saw the future games. I figured I would do more with the PSP and got it. Plus Ipod always get price cuts eventually so I could always get an older model or wait.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cowgriller
Member since 2008 • 3153 Posts

why the hell do people insist on calling the ipod touch the itouch? not even apple calls it that and they making the f-----g thing! anyway, as an owner of a 16GB iphone 3G and the psp 1001, i say go for the psp go. the graphics are better than the iphone/ipod touch and most games last you more than 30 minutes. although the iphone/touch pricing is better.

BuTtCAppa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BuTtCAppa
Member since 2005 • 65 Posts

I would chose the iPod Touch. While it doesn't have the long in-depth games that the GO has, at least it has countless free apps. which can be just as fun as games, lots of storage for movies, and music. I can watch youtube videos in the palm of my hand. The Go is only geat for games in my opinion. The Touch is good (not great at games, though I am looking forward to the C&C Red Alert remake). But, unlike the Go, it's great at being a multimedia device. The Go still looks like a machine that works by far the best for games and not much else. At least the iPod Touch has a ton of variety.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I have an iPhone 3G and a Go. Given that viewing pictures, listening to music, and watching videos are probably more or less equal (slightly better on Go because you don't need to use a special program to do it), it all comes down the games and apps. Games on the Go are deeper and control better, but they all cost a fair amount and often require more than 5 minutes of your time. iPhone games are great for even a minute/casually and they're cheap, but they're only good in short bursts. If you have 30 minutes to blow, the Go is far better. If you've only got a few minutes waiting for someone, the iPhone tends to work out better. For me, if I could only have one, I'd sort of have to go with the iPhone/iPT but only because of the apps. I live in a country where they don't speak English, so having a dictionary on hand to translate has been a real lifesaver. But if you're just looking at games, I'd give the nod to the Go- with the introduction of Minis, I feel like the PSP can catch up in quality for those extremely short play-times.
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts

On the one hand, the iTouch is actually programmable.....but only if you bought a Mac. For all the PR about the iTouch/iPhone being "gaming" platforms, the games coming out for those devices are really simple. If I didn't already have a PSP, I'd probably buy a Go.

gman253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gman253
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

I would get the PSPgo because it is just, I don't know I would just get it.