Not trying to bash ps3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fuzzypoobear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fuzzypoobear
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts
I'm just wondering what the ps3 has to look forward to? Like all the features that will be coming up. I dont know what this folding@home is or anything.  What games are you guys looking forward to? I just ask because I'm getting bored of my 360 and I'm thinking about selling it and all my games for a ps3.  Don't get me wrong I love 360, but I could see the ps3 having a longer life span and I feel as though 360 might be reaching its full potential right now while ps3 has a lot more to unleash.  Thanks for the help everyone.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

MGS 4, FF XIII, and now God of War 3.

There's more but I'll let the longer owners put them up.:D

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I recently traded all my 360 stuff for the last 60 gig and I think it was a great idea mostly because shooters are getting real old and Sony has alot more 1st and 2nd party stuff that I am looking forward too.
shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

I'm just wondering what the ps3 has to look forward to? Like all the features that will be coming up. I dont know what this folding@home is or anything. What games are you guys looking forward to? I just ask because I'm getting bored of my 360 and I'm thinking about selling it and all my games for a ps3. Don't get me wrong I love 360, but I could see the ps3 having a longer life span and I feel as though 360 might be reaching its full potential right now while ps3 has a lot more to unleash. Thanks for the help everyone.fuzzypoobear

This is just my opinion.

Personally selling the 360 would be foolish IMO, look back at other consoles history games get better/look better all the way untill the end of there life spans, and 360 will be no different, dev's will find way's to utilizle more power on all consoles find more eficent ways to use there gpu's/cpu's etc.

360 is far from reaching it's potential, and it's got some amazing games already released with plenty more still coming, personally too human is one of my most anticipated titles coming 2nd only to MGS4.

Also there will be plenty more game in development we have not heard of.

Anyway this is not the 360 and we shouldnt really discuss it.

But if at all possible your best option and IMO would be my only option would be to buy a PS3 and keep the 360 i own all console's.

I agree i see PS3 as a potential beast, but i wouldnt count the 360 out already its only been out 2 years.

But if you can only have one, you need to ask yourself which console has the better exclusive games as 95% of 3rd party stuff will be on both systems.

If you feel like 360 doesnt have nothing left to offer you the best thing to do would be to check out the PS3 exclusives out and coming soon.

PS3 also has some nice features like the blu-ray player my personal fav,also home is coming soon, it's like second life-meets the sims-with a bit of xbl live thrown in, it's looking really cool.

i have a PSP slim so remote play allows you to access your ps3 on the go from any wireless hot spot.

Gamespot has coverage of all PS3 stuff just check the PS3 portion of this site and you will find everything you need.

Folding at home is a worthless feature in terms of gaming(again just my opinion) it's an application created by some clever guys at stanford uni, it using the great proccessing power of the PS3 to fold genes,dna strands(im really not sure excatly) to identify how one fold's abnormally and causes disease's like cancer.

Basicly you just set away the ps3 folding and it will send the results to stanford uni. allot of ps3 gamers like it because they think it proves the ps3 is more powerful than everything else, thats why they say "360 cannot fold at home" but in reality folding at home can be done on pc's with P4 proccessors so 360's tri-core could easily handle it.

Not much of a selling point IMO folding at home.

The real selling point is the games, MGS4,killzone,GT5,little big planet,god of war 3 and plenty others, the ps3's ability to play blu-ray discs, the sexy sleak look of the ps3.

The PS3 has allot of great features.

It's one tough decision, a decision i couldnt make, i couldnt choose between one or the other, they are both excellent machines with very good games, and allot more great games coming over the next few years.

The best option would be to save up and own both, but im sure most the replys you will get is "360 is finished" "no good games left for 360" " its a piece of ****".

It's a tough choice and i'd say do allot of reaserch on games coming over the next 1-2 years and dont rush the decision as you dont want to be buying another 360 3-6 months later and costing yourself double money.

GlavinChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 GlavinChris
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts

Home. A huge feature that will help PS3 immensely.

-The Glavin

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

[QUOTE="fuzzypoobear"]I'm just wondering what the ps3 has to look forward to? Like all the features that will be coming up. I dont know what this folding@home is or anything. What games are you guys looking forward to? I just ask because I'm getting bored of my 360 and I'm thinking about selling it and all my games for a ps3. Don't get me wrong I love 360, but I could see the ps3 having a longer life span and I feel as though 360 might be reaching its full potential right now while ps3 has a lot more to unleash. Thanks for the help everyone.shadystxxx

This is just my opinion.

Personally selling the 360 would be foolish IMO, look back at other consoles history games get better/look better all the way untill the end of there life spans, and 360 will be no different, dev's will find way's to utilizle more power on all consoles find more eficent ways to use there gpu's/cpu's etc.

360 is far from reaching it's potential, and it's got some amazing games already released with plenty more still coming, personally too human is one of my most anticipated titles coming 2nd only to MGS4.

Also there will be plenty more game in development we have not heard of.

Anyway this is not the 360 and we shouldnt really discuss it.

But if at all possible your best option and IMO would be my only option would be to buy a PS3 and keep the 360 i own all console's.

I agree i see PS3 as a potential beast, but i wouldnt count the 360 out already its only been out 2 years.

But if you can only have one, you need to ask yourself which console has the better exclusive games as 95% of 3rd party stuff will be on both systems.

If you feel like 360 doesnt have nothing left to offer you the best thing to do would be to check out the PS3 exclusives out and coming soon.

PS3 also has some nice features like the blu-ray player my personal fav,also home is coming soon, it's like second life-meets the sims-with a bit of xbl live thrown in, it's looking really cool.

i have a PSP slim so remote play allows you to access your ps3 on the go from any wireless hot spot.

Gamespot has coverage of all PS3 stuff just check the PS3 portion of this site and you will find everything you need.

Folding at home is a worthless feature in terms of gaming(again just my opinion) it's an application created by some clever guys at stanford uni, it using the great proccessing power of the PS3 to fold genes,dna strands(im really not sure excatly) to identify how one fold's abnormally and causes disease's like cancer.

Basicly you just set away the ps3 folding and it will send the results to stanford uni. allot of ps3 gamers like it because they think it proves the ps3 is more powerful than everything else, thats why they say "360 cannot fold at home" but in reality folding at home can be done on pc's with P4 proccessors so 360's tri-core could easily handle it.

Not much of a selling point IMO folding at home.

The real selling point is the games, MGS4,killzone,GT5,little big planet,god of war 3 and plenty others, the ps3's ability to play blu-ray discs, the sexy sleak look of the ps3.

The PS3 has allot of great features.

It's one tough decision, a decision i couldnt make, i couldnt choose between one or the other, they are both excellent machines with very good games, and allot more great games coming over the next few years.

The best option would be to save up and own both, but im sure most the replys you will get is "360 is finished" "no good games left for 360" " its a piece of ****".

It's a tough choice and i'd say do allot of reaserch on games coming over the next 1-2 years and dont rush the decision as you dont want to be buying another 360 3-6 months later and costing yourself double money.

THUMBS UP.. great post

anyways tc look at the exclusive games that are for each system... which one interests u more thats really the best way to do things

fuzzypoobear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fuzzypoobear
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts
I know 360 is a great system and all, but I think I'm just tired of even the good games.  Gears of War was good and all but I never had a desire to play it after I beat it or any sequels.  Halo 3 was fun for about a week.  Mass Effect is really the only game I'm looking forward to.  I just didn't know if Sony had some secret stash of awesome games that would knock me off my feet. 
lethal18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lethal18
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts
I agree with shadystxx, owning a copule of consoles at the same time is the best way to go if you have the money, that way you dont miss out on anything, keep the 360 and get a ps3.
360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts

I'm just wondering what the ps3 has to look forward to? Like all the features that will be coming up. I dont know what this folding@home is or anything. What games are you guys looking forward to? I just ask because I'm getting bored of my 360 and I'm thinking about selling it and all my games for a ps3. Don't get me wrong I love 360, but I could see the ps3 having a longer life span and I feel as though 360 might be reaching its full potential right now while ps3 has a lot more to unleash. Thanks for the help everyone.fuzzypoobear

not really much to look foward to on the 360 anymore that halo is out besides mass effect and ng 2...the ps3 on the other hand has to many games to name coming out in the future......the 360 well hmm...

Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
Why PS3? Blu-Ray, 1080p, Resistance, Assassin's Creed, CoD4, Army of 2, FF13, FF Versus, GTA IV, Killzone 2, MGS 4, DiRT, Rainbow 6: Las Vegas, and more! :) It's the future
kopkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kopkiller
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts
cod4 and folding home is something for research for aids or something i dunno
is82sealab2021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 is82sealab2021
Member since 2005 • 360 Posts
lol i dont think people are buying ps3's because of folding at home...but i personally prefer sony exclusives to microsoft exclusives that mainly what it boils down to...halo and gears (there are more i just don't know them) or ratchet, uncharted, mgs4, killzone 2, littlebigplanet, haze, etc...
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

MGS 4, FF XIII, and now God of War 3.

There's more but I'll let the longer owners put them up.:D

Vyse_Legends

Home, best third party games do to being the most powerful system. That will play out in time. "Dont believe clockspeed BS". Drakes, Resident Evil 5, Silent Hill, GRAN TURISMO 5 in full. Haze 2?? Kingdome Hearts 3?? Full rumble support with motion support. Whatever a Afrika may be?? :P Whatever a Heavy Rain may be? The Getaway. HS 2 maybe?? Final Fantasy 13 14 15 29!!, And much more. Plus the above. MGS4 and GOD OF WAR!!! Oh and that one company is third party now?? The one that makes the guy in a green suit!

In basic the war between those two systems was over before it started "do to a thing called time." They just did not know it yet. And still dont, at least the stupid ones dont.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

In basic! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO, WHEN KRATOS COMES DOWN ON YOU!!!! lol, Sorry Just had to!!

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
Uncharted, MGS4, God of War 3, Infamous, LA Noire, White Knight Story, Star Ocean 3, FFXIII, two team Ico games etc... Dont listen to the people trying to hype home & Little Big Planet, there are a bunch of games coming to the ps3 that actually look really good.
feel_freetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 feel_freetwo
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
well i could rant aout how poorly looked after the wii, essentially becoming a bigger DS, i could rant about how the xbox360 is plagued with shooting games and a love for the uncreative folk at ubisoft. but i can also big these consoles up, the wii for its innovation and the xbox for xbox live. the ps3 is a different kettle of fish. its bigged up on the pure basis of...future potential. people are sayying team ico;s new game and god of war 3, as reasons to buy a ps3......... yeah, they are great reason to buy a ps3 "WHEN ITS 2009". ff13 probably wont make it by this time next year. uncharted is a game which i have serious issues with, it either could be great of a dreadful mess of trying to do to much kinda like lair. as of right here and right now, the ps3 is quite a big pile of rubbish, heavenly sword, lair and motorstrom are the main reasons to buy the console. and all have failed to have critical acclaim, in motorstorm, there isnt enough to do, in heavenly sword the pacing is all wrong, and ive never played lair, but i dont hear good things. then you have the design team behind ps3. wheres the unified service? wheres the in game cross media bar? its very disconcerting to think that 2 years after the xbox360's release that the ps3 still hasnt got these "now" basic features. and it doesnt ignite your confidence that they particually know what they are doing. some have put this towards sony's lack of experience in the operating system department, isnt that why you employ people?employ people who are experienced. the playstation has some real errors running behind it, which is a real shame. sure the ps3 has potential, but right now its in the hands of a group of monkeys rubbing honey on their nipples . get a ps3 for mgs4, but for gods sake wait till january and the sales.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

well i could rant aout how poorly looked after the wii, essentially becoming a bigger DS, i could rant about how the xbox360 is plagued with shooting games and a love for the uncreative folk at ubisoft. but i can also big these consoles up, the wii for its innovation and the xbox for xbox live. the ps3 is a different kettle of fish. its bigged up on the pure basis of...future potential. people are sayying team ico;s new game and god of war 3, as reasons to buy a ps3......... yeah, they are great reason to buy a ps3 "WHEN ITS 2009". ff13 probably wont make it by this time next year. uncharted is a game which i have serious issues with, it either could be great of a dreadful mess of trying to do to much kinda like lair. as of right here and right now, the ps3 is quite a big pile of rubbish, heavenly sword, lair and motorstrom are the main reasons to buy the console. and all have failed to have critical acclaim, in motorstorm, there isnt enough to do, in heavenly sword the pacing is all wrong, and ive never played lair, but i dont hear good things. then you have the design team behind ps3. wheres the unified service? wheres the in game cross media bar? its very disconcerting to think that 2 years after the xbox360's release that the ps3 still hasnt got these "now" basic features. and it doesnt ignite your confidence that they particually know what they are doing. some have put this towards sony's lack of experience in the operating system department, isnt that why you employ people?employ people who are experienced. the playstation has some real errors running behind it, which is a real shame. sure the ps3 has potential, but right now its in the hands of a group of monkeys rubbing honey on their nipples . get a ps3 for mgs4, but for gods sake wait till january and the sales.feel_freetwo

:roll:

There are some very good ps3 games out there. Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword (rental due to length), Ratchet & Clank, Resistance and Folklore are all very good games IMO.

Yannick_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Yannick_18
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
Maybe a Shadow of the Colossus 2 ? :p that game would look great on the Playstation 3 !!!! Can't wait for them to get released !!
bigmouth1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 bigmouth1
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

im lookin forward 2

killzone 2, mgs4, haze, orange box, final fantasy, god of war 3,

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#20 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
...Shady and his long posts.:P
pablito3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pablito3
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts
dude get a ps3. it has wayyyyyy more potential. i mean look at resistance. if a console can come up with a game that good and good looking on its release date then u know it has potential. and the devs had to rush it too. lol i mean the best 360 could do at launch was perfect dark lol. nothing compared to resistance. there is nothing look forward to after mass effect on 360. get a ps3. ohh and it doesnt break. did i mention that. u wont regret it. i own warhawk right now and love it.