Not MGS4 Trophies But Uncharted 2 Online Trophies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Link In IGN's podcast they said a game is getting trophies patched in and people (including me) hopped straight to conclusion of MGS4 and Valkyria Chronicles getting trophies. Instead it is some Uncharted 2 online trophies. This isn't what I was hoping for but it is still some great news. Just wanted to clear the confusion.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
I don't like this at all. I hate games that have trophies online. It just ruins the online experience when people just want to boost for a trophy.
iDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iDivine
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

I'm somewhat of an avid trophy collector myself, however, there are only games I actually play online. Uncharted 2 isn't one of those games, so this news is a little bit disappointing cause I don't plan to play U2 multiplayer now and in the future.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

i like trophies, but i dont want to have to play online against people that have been playing online since day 1 just to get some trophies. super lame, i was hoping it was mgs4 or vc myself.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Excellent, makes me want to play the game online again.
Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

I don't like this at all. I hate games that have trophies online. It just ruins the online experience when people just want to boost for a trophy. ExoticAnimal
This is exactly what I was thinking. not only is it not trophies for VC but it's online trophies. it's like pouring salt on a wound. Boo I say Booooo!

ctarczy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ctarczy2
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

ha and everyone actually though that MGS4 was finally getting trophies, maybe after hinting at it for another couple years :P

no but seriously, give me trophies for MGS4

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
Hopefully Konami releases a Subsistence version of MGS4 with trophies.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chaos_Bladez
Hopefully Konami releases a Subsistence version of MGS4 with trophies.slimdave21
Well if you look at the track record of MGS re-releases, it was always announced at TGS the following year and released in March. It didn't happen. I wonder if they thought it wouldn't be practical. I just want them to say a final YES or NO. None of this maybe crap. Also, I think this is smart on ND's part. They aren't necessary for a plat but it's great for people like me who play the online anyway (when I can).
tacoeater831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tacoeater831
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts

i wont lie, uncharted 2's multiplayer didnt blow me away, (maybe its because ive already played enough modern warfare 2 to have already prestiged once) but i do play it from time to time, however most of my PSN games lately have been littlebigplanet and rock band 2/ beatles rock band. and MGS4 is my all time favorite game ever...EVER! so the no trophy news is disapointing, but it does give me more time to focus on the big boss emblem since there are no trophies to worry about.

beet0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 beet0
Member since 2004 • 134 Posts

FINALLY:)!

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#12 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
They why didn't they just say there adding more trophies to a game that already has them?
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

I am disappointed that it wasn't Haze or Lair.

|:

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chaos_Bladez

|:

Scianix-Black
Haha aren't we all? :P
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

|:

Chaos_Bladez

I was kinda disappointed that it wasnt for Haze since its not a bad game at all. Its just that most people didnt give it a chance.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts
I don't see why everyone jumped the gun. I was doubting it would actually be MGS4.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chaos_Bladez
I don't see why everyone jumped the gun. I was doubting it would actually be MGS4.StealthMonkey4
I can see why. He said a good PS3 game was getting trophies and MGS4 is a good game without trophies. No one actually thought it would be a game that already had trophies.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

|:

ExoticAnimal

I was kinda disappointed that it wasnt for Haze since its not a bad game at all. Its just that most people didnt give it a chance.

Free Radical doesn't exist anymore. Haze just felt weird from what I played and it seemed annoying, the characters and such.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StealthMonkey4
[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]I don't see why everyone jumped the gun. I was doubting it would actually be MGS4.Chaos_Bladez
I can see why. He said a good PS3 game was getting trophies and MGS4 is a good game without trophies. No one actually thought it would be a game that already had trophies.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the mandatory trophies plan say that no games past that date could be patched? And did anyone expect trophies for a game that's almost two years old?
Avatar image for ULTIMATEZWARRIO
ULTIMATEZWARRIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 ULTIMATEZWARRIO
Member since 2004 • 6026 Posts
man that got my hopes up for a nother play through of MGS4
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
man that got my hopes up for a nother play through of MGS4ULTIMATEZWARRIO
There is nothing stopping you... Anyway all I have to say is this. Oh well. I told you all before the game does not really need them. If anything they need to bring more content or a patch to fix the broken online.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]I don't see why everyone jumped the gun. I was doubting it would actually be MGS4.StealthMonkey4

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the mandatory trophies plan say that no games past that date could be patched? And did anyone expect trophies for a game that's almost two years old?

No it didn't say that, thankfully. GTAIV, Battlefield BC, and Uncharted all were games that I had that were patched. There were a more (a ton of PSN games) but I'm not gonna list them.
josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#23 josh494
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts
You just broke my heart.....
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"]man that got my hopes up for a nother play through of MGS4GrandJury
There is nothing stopping you... Anyway all I have to say is this. Oh well. I told you all before the game does not really need them. If anything they need to bring more content or a patch to fix the broken online.

I agree with you GrandJury BUT I think he just meant he'd play it anyway just trophies would make him do it sooner. I'm sort of with him. I'll definitely play it again (just played it a month or so ago for the 3rd time) but trophies would make me get to it right away.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chaos_Bladez
You just broke my heart.....josh494
It's better then you hoping it would be announced today and it never happening. :) I think/hope we will see trophies in MGS4. They haven't outright said no to it when asked. They have said they "hear us" and I think that's a little bit of hope.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StealthMonkey4
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"] I can see why. He said a good PS3 game was getting trophies and MGS4 is a good game without trophies. No one actually thought it would be a game that already had trophies.

No it didn't say that, thankfully. GTAIV, Battlefield BC, and Uncharted all were games that I had that were patched. There were a more (a ton of PSN games) but I'm not gonna list them.

None of those patches were in 2009. I remember reading somewhere that the trophy mandatory thing also made it so games couldn't be patched after that date but I can't seem to find it. I may be wrong though.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"] Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the mandatory trophies plan say that no games past that date could be patched? And did anyone expect trophies for a game that's almost two years old?

None of those patches were in 2009. I remember reading somewhere that the trophy mandatory thing also made it so games couldn't be patched after that date but I can't seem to find it. I may be wrong though.

Ok now I get what you were saying. Flow got patched a couple months ago for trophies though.
Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#28 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

I wish it was an announcement for VC or MGS4 trophies. Either one of those games getting trophies would be great. That said, I'm happy for this DLC for Uncharted 2. I really enjoy playing it online and recently have been feeling it getting stale. This'll add some life to an online MP that I love. I'm glad they didnt make these trophies required for the plat. I hate games that do (minus online only games of course).

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StealthMonkey4

I wish it was an announcement for VC or MGS4 trophies. Either one of those games getting trophies would be great. That said, I'm happy for this DLC for Uncharted 2. I really enjoy playing it online and recently have been feeling it getting stale. This'll add some life to an online MP that I love. I'm glad they didnt make these trophies required for the plat. I hate games that do (minus online only games of course).

meluvulongtime8
DLC/Add-on trophies have and will never be required for the plat.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#30 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I hate online trophies. Why must you dissapoint me ND?

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"] Haha aren't we all? :P

Free Radical doesn't exist anymore. Haze just felt weird from what I played and it seemed annoying, the characters and such.

Didn't they get bought out by crytek or something like that?
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] I was kinda disappointed that it wasnt for Haze since its not a bad game at all. Its just that most people didnt give it a chance.

Didn't they get bought out by crytek or something like that?

I guess you're right. They are called Crytek UK now. So we are both kind of right. :P
San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts
man that got my hopes up for a nother play through of MGS4ULTIMATEZWARRIO
Wow, do people REALLY need trophies to encourage them.... Seriously?
Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts
[QUOTE="meluvulongtime8"]

StealthMonkey4
DLC/Add-on trophies have and will never be required for the plat.

I was referring to the fact that ND chose not to include the online trophies initially "One of the things that we wanted to make sure at launch was that anybody could get the platinum," Richmond said to the initial lack of multiplayer Trophies.
Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#35 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
And heck, what would we do about that 2,500 kills trophy? Would the game remember our kills for our sake? :(
L30KinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 L30KinG
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

U2 has a good online but i got a little tired of it by the beta, and anyways i wont be playing so much U2 online now that were half a mounth for BF: BC2

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chaos_Bladez
And heck, what would we do about that 2,500 kills trophy? Would the game remember our kills for our sake? :(Kleeyook
That's the only bad news here. I don't see why that specific one can't be retroactive. Hell, looking at the list again, all of them could/should be retroactive. I'll still play it regardless.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I don't like this at all. I hate games that have trophies online. It just ruins the online experience when people just want to boost for a trophy. ExoticAnimal
Agreed. That's why I like MW2 because all the achievements are offline.
Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

ha and everyone actually though that MGS4 was finally getting trophies, maybe after hinting at it for another couple years :P

ctarczy2
No MGS4 sucks, Remake MGS1 on PS3 PLEEZ!
FreshTillDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FreshTillDeath
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Fail I just traded this game in.

San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 San_09
[QUOTE="ctarczy2"]

Megaman5364

Lol some MGS fan you are
Avatar image for Uncharted_Baihh
Uncharted_Baihh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 Uncharted_Baihh
Member since 2010 • 8510 Posts
Hopefully Konami releases a Subsistence version of MGS4 with trophies.slimdave21
that would be cool.
Uncharted_Baihh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Uncharted_Baihh
[QUOTE="San_09"][QUOTE="Megaman5364"][QUOTE="ctarczy2"]

Lol some MGS fan you are

what did you get a platinum on?
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

adding more trophies to a game that already had enough trophies. I haven't played much of the mp lately and I might come back anytime soon, maybe I'll get this DLC before next month hits me up with GOW3 and FFXIII.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I still don't understand why game devs even put MP trophies in games. Modern warfare 2 is popular as hell online yet look no MP trophies.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

I still don't understand why game devs even put MP trophies in games. Modern warfare 2 is popular as hell online yet look no MP trophies.GrandJury

I agree Trophies should be exclusive to the campaign experience, the thing with online trophies are that say you buy a game with trophies a couple years after release and the MP is essentially dead meaning no one plays it then the Platinum trophy is pretty much out of reach forever.

el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts

i wont lie, uncharted 2's multiplayer didnt blow me away, (maybe its because ive already played enough modern warfare 2 to have already prestiged once) but i do play it from time to time, however most of my PSN games lately have been littlebigplanet and rock band 2/ beatles rock band. and MGS4 is my all time favorite game ever...EVER! so the no trophy news is disapointing, but it does give me more time to focus on the big boss emblem since there are no trophies to worry about.

tacoeater831
this ^ Personally, i'm still hoping for a Sub version of MGS4...things are not looking promising though..at all :(
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StealthMonkey4
[QUOTE="Megaman5364"][QUOTE="ctarczy2"]

San_09

Lol some MGS fan you are

MGS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MGS4. MGS4's story was a mess and the whole game was overrated in my opinion.
San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 San_09
[QUOTE="San_09"][QUOTE="Megaman5364"] No MGS4 sucks, Remake MGS1 on PS3 PLEEZ!Uncharted_Baihh
Lol some MGS fan you are

what did you get a platinum on?

Off-topic? Oh well, I got a platinum on Infamous. Pretty easy.
Uncharted_Baihh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Uncharted_Baihh

cool.