No PS4; Vita worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

If I'm not planning on getting a PS4, would you recommend picking up a PS Vita? I heard a while back that its library was sorely lacking, but I think that its audience might explode with the upcoming PS4 + Vita bundle. Has its library improved at all in the past year? I know the 3DS has seen a sales explosion with games like Pokemon and the new Zelda being released (go figure).

For those of you that own a Vita -- are you happy with yours? Why or why not?

What do you see in the future for the Vita?

Thank you!

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I think it's a great handheld, but I think the library is still lacking in big titles quite a bit. I honestly haven't played mine in a few months, I ran out of games to that I wanted to play pretty quickly. I have yet to pick up Killzone and Tearaway though, plus I still want to do another playthrough of Persona 4 Golden, the best game on the Vita in my opinion.

As for the future, I really don't know. I can't think of anything that's been announced that sounds particularly interesting. I believe Gravity Rush 2 was confirmed, though I have no idea when that's supposed to be released.

Overall it's a neat handheld and I'm in all happy with my purchase since it was a great deal at the time and I still think it would be a great deal today. And you might be interested in more games that have interested me. I think I've played some 10 games total, which isn't terrible I guess since I've only had it for a year now and use it as my secondary gaming device.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

A lot of cool smaller quick games on it. I use it a lot. Streaming ps4 games later for you would be nice someday. Get PSplus. I have like 30 games I acquired since summer for free or $5 bucks.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#4  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I dont have one, but the new Y's game looks great. Guacamelee is a awesome game. New KZ looks pretty good.

I think they will start supporting the vita throughout the ps4 life cycle. Might as well pick one up if you are interested.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

Thank you for your opinions! I'm going to Target tomorrow mid-morning to see if I can nab a 3DS XL for $150; if not, I will be getting a Vita and... a some game, not sure which yet.

Considering the fact that I never owned a PS1 or PS2, and I have never played a PSP, and I only really used my PS3 for blu-ray, I think a Vita would suit me nicely.