No Final Fantasy VII Remake Until Original Has Been Topped

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tbhttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tbhttt
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

so bad that Square Enix has no plan for Final Fantasy VII Remake

"During the Q&A session of the company's annual shareholder's briefing (transcribedhere), Wada was asked the expected question about the much wanted remake. His response was something to the effect of, we'll make a Final Fantasy VII remake once we've made a Final Fantasy game that exceeds the quality of FFVII.

If you get the feeling that this statement belittles Square Enix's current development prowess, you're pretty much spot on. Wada admitted that at present, the company is not making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII. If they were to release a 7 remake right now, the FF franchise would be done with, he said.

While the staff would happily make an FFVII remake, this is something that if they decided to do, they'd have to give it their full effort."

Source

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
It would be too difficult to do because of the overworld map, plus areas were easier to churn out back then because of the ease of build, smaller teams, and lower polygon count. Now, the current bar for graphics is that it has to be "out of this world" otherwise it's useless.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#3 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Idiots! That's exactly why they should release the graphically remastered FF7. WHy not? If you cannot top it, and never will, why not just remaster the best FF game and re sell it. They'd make bank.

cosmicwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 cosmicwave
Member since 2005 • 1237 Posts

crap, so, it's never happening than :(

the9thinning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the9thinning
Member since 2011 • 662 Posts

well hopefully that gives the FF makers an incentive to make better FF games

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
out doing one of the most overrated rpgs of all time shouldn't be that hard
gfmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gfmetal
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts

out doing one of the most overrated rpgs of all time shouldn't be that hardelbert_b_23

i'm glad to see i'm not the only one on the planet who didn't much care for that game

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Idiots! That's exactly why they should release the graphically remastered FF7. WHy not? If you cannot top it, and never will, why not just remaster the best FF game and re sell it. They'd make bank.

ristactionjakso
Final Fantasy VI (or III on SNES) was the best in the series and it's not even close.
needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 needweed
Member since 2012 • 418 Posts
[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

dalger21
Final Fantasy VI (or III on SNES) was the best in the series and it's not even close.

X was pretty good.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Hopefully they just leave it alone. They should have just stopped making Final Fantasy when Sakaguchi left, because the series has been unbearable since X (I know Sakaguchi worked on X but it was still bad). I appreciate that they still have ambition but X, X-2, XI, XII, XIII, XIII-2, XIV, and Crystal Chronicles are all really bad. Crisis Core was decent and the Tactics/Dissidia series are still good but I haven't played a good Final Fantasy RPG since IX. The past is best left alone. I have no faith that anyone at Square Enix could do VII justice.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts
[QUOTE="juden41"]It would be too difficult to do because of the overworld map, plus areas were easier to churn out back then because of the ease of build, smaller teams, and lower polygon count. Now, the current bar for graphics is that it has to be "out of this world" otherwise it's useless.

Which is the excuse people started using just as Square-Enix started saying it. D: Yet games like Ni No Kuni have a overworld map and amazing graphics..
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

doesnt make sense. they make inferior games...so they aren't going to re-release a great game that makes them money?

JBL81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JBL81
Member since 2012 • 101 Posts

Hopefully they just leave it alone. They should have just stopped making Final Fantasy when Sakaguchi left, because the series has been unbearable since X (I know Sakaguchi worked on X but it was still bad). I appreciate that they still have ambition but X, X-2, XI, XII, XIII, XIII-2, XIV, and Crystal Chronicles are all really bad. Crisis Core was decent and the Tactics/Dissidia series are still good but I haven't played a good Final Fantasy RPG since IX. The past is best left alone. I have no faith that anyone at Square Enix could do VII justice.famicommander

This. Although I'll disagree with you on one thing, FFX-2 wasn't all THAT bad. If you take it for what it is, it's really a pretty decent game even if it is a bit cheesy.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I agree. I have yet to play a Final Fantasy game near as good as VII.
4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts
With all the past FF games they've remade in the past, i find it ironic they refuse to remake this one. All the better i suppose. They'd just probably screw it up judging from their recent track record. You hear me SE?? LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

dalger21

FFVI sucks pretty hard actually and isn't half as good as the best Final Fantasy and best game of all time (FFVII).

ILikeThatGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ILikeThatGame
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
If they remade the game, most of the FF fans would whine about it anyway. A true remake would most likely remove the world map, and create an environment that most of you would consider too linear lol. Sometimes its easy to forget, that even though FF7 was a great game, you were running around on top of fixed images... More often then not, when running on these fixed images, you could only go down a set path... The new formula is in the form of FFX and FFXIII. Both games looked great, had decent battle systems, well detailed character models, stories that were on par with other FF games, but a set path and no world map. I have a feeling that a remake would do more harm then good. By today's graphical standards, fans could realize that final fantasy 7 was much more linear then they imagined. Unfortunately FF7 is hard to swallow visually...some may argue that it is easier on the eyes to play SNES FF games, rather then the early stage low res 3D polygon renderings of the PS1 days...
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Just another reason SE fails so hard nowadays. They would make so much money from a remake and I'm sure people would prefer it more over anotherFFXIII spin-off.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
I agree. I have yet to play a Final Fantasy game near as good as VII.AmazonTreeBoa
but why should it matter?
--Rob--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 --Rob--
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts

dalger21

Sure, thats why everyones lining up asking when the much awaited FF6 remake is finally going to happen. Being a different kid is fun, and by all means like what you like, but.... Its 7. Its always been 7. It always will be 7.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
errrr...final fantasy 7 got surpassed like 10 years ago :\
IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points