NHL '12 problems: Loading and freezing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSicknessX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheSicknessX
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts

My roommate just picked up NHL '12 for the PS3 and its been occasionally acting up; at random times the CD will freeze/stop to read; the screen will stop moving, but our custom music will continue to run normally and we can go into the system settings while the screen is locked up.

We've tried cleaning the disc and it continues to do it at random times; usually intermission and during profile loading screens.

Has anyone else had the same problem...? It seams to be the software that EA is using or our disc is in some way faulty, just wondering if this is a widespread issue or is this something random.

Thanks

-X

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts
it's ea. ever since i started with the madden series on ps2 i dealt with game freeze up. i jump ship to the other console, again madden freezes on me. nhl series, game freeze. first week of each battlefield bad compay release, game freeze. i dealt with game freeze up in nhl 11. i dont have any ea games on ps3, but i can assure ea sports games have a knack for freezing. for nhl 12, i turn off all the sports ticker crap and music. anything i can turn off that doesnt affect gameplay, just turn it off.
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
Expect a patch from ea
-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
I'd heard about in game freezes, but had yet to experience any. But today I've had it freeze twice in 2 different Be a Pro games.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I have had problems with loading and freezing too

You would think with them essentially giving us the same game every year they would get it right

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

I have one game completely freeze on me, the system was unresponsive and I had to power it down. Played about 10 games so far.

Avatar image for ChadillacCruise
ChadillacCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChadillacCruise
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
My PS3 will not freeze, but I have downloaded all the roster updates and the are current, but when i try and play online versus mode, a message comes up that says i need to update the roster. So i click update, it says that it is downloading for a second, then says "UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST ROSTER AT THIS TIME. DO YOU WANT TO TRY AGAIN?" and no matter how many times i do it, it wont let me play online. HELP!
Avatar image for ChadillacCruise
ChadillacCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChadillacCruise
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
You ever had any problems downloading the updated rosters when trying to get onlne to play? It will not let me download them.
Hanneman24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hanneman24
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
the game is fine for me for like the first 40 games in be a pro but after that the game freezes up on me and ive been letting all it go to ea support and all they do is tell me to delete my ps3 cookies, what is that going to do for the game seriously, then they told me to delete the game data and download it again and still problems. so they tell me that i will have an email from the sr. support staff in 24-48 hrs, really? $60 dollars for a game to sit in the box and unable to play? some one will be repaying me if they are unable to fix this and it will be the last ea game i buy.
vicekingz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vicekingz
Member since 2008 • 374 Posts

Happens every year for NHL games.

coach_riffel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 coach_riffel
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Did you ever get anywhere with this problem? I am now on my 3rd disc from GameStop and they keep telling me that there is nothing they can do except replace the disc. Complete crap! Since everyone in the world knows about the issue, why can't the RETAILER take it back and return it to the manufacturer? Anyways, are there any patches or other solutions to the problem out there?

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

Haven't had the freezing yet, but the roster update issue is quite annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts

I've been doing online chats with EA Games tech support about this same issue and they've had me do everything from deleting the GAME DATA files to backing up all loaded data and doing a factory reset on my system - none of this has worked.

They're answer they gave me this morning that they say will definitly fix my issue is to delete not only the GAME DATA file, but my SAVED GAME files as well - meaning the 1 1/2 completed seasons and all progress in my BE A PRO mode will be gone and will have to start over.

I tried to tell the dunce from EA that I've seen countless entries on forums much like this with a lot of people having the same problem as me and they should have the programers look into the issue, but they said they've only gotten a few reports scattered here and there and have no plans to research this mater at this time.

THANKS FOR NOTHING EA !!!!

hurricanejeff1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hurricanejeff1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I have the same problem. The game play would randomly freeze. Theres times I can play for a week without freezing and it would randomly freeze in the middle of a game d Also the freezing while loading be a pro, I have that problem too, but I found a solution (at least one that works for me) but when you start up the game, make sure your not signed into the PSN. For some reason, when I'm signed in I can load my be a pro. When I'm signed out, it works like a gem. Hopefully this helps many of you guys with the same problem
optic0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 optic0n
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts

I know its a litle late but, I had problems freezing a couple times during game play from Be A Pro. Also its been freezing alot everytime I load my Be A Pro file. It says 100 load complete but doesnt say its done or go back to start. I deleted my Game Data and re-downloaded the update. Hope it works.