NFS Most Wanted Vita?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
Im personally enjoy racing games on handheld more than on console and the new NFS caught my attention especially when developers claimed that they succussed on making look and run almost as good as consoles. I like to confirm this with my own eyes but can't for life of me find any footage or screenshot vita version of this game. The only one I was able to find was this: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/10/8/3472822/need-for-speed-most-wanted-ps-vita-gameplay-footage-off-screen But quality isn't vey good, so I can't tell how really looks from this. Can anybody find better footage of this game?
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

I saw another video on youtube but it was also offscreen and of the same quality really so I won't even bother linking it. Plus the person playing was holding his camera at the time so was only playing with one hand and obviously didn't drive well because of that. But anyway I'm looking forward to the Vita version. Seems promising.

OmegaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 OmegaAK47
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

That really looks seems cool. I just haven't seen anything on it. If NFS vita has the same experiance as the console version I will be buying that. :D

danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danjin44
But don't u think its strange that even tho it so close to release there haven't been one official footage or ad on the vita version it kind of makes me worried about the game.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Can't wait. I haven't raced since nfs servers got taken down on psp.
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

But don't u think its strange that even tho it so close to release there haven't been one official footage or ad on the vita version it kind of makes me worried about the game.danjin44
Most multiplats that have a handheld version don't show off the handheld version much if at all in the marketing. Doesn't mean it isn't good. It just means they focus more on showing off the console version.

danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 danjin44

[QUOTE="danjin44"]But don't u think its strange that even tho it so close to release there haven't been one official footage or ad on the vita version it kind of makes me worried about the game.burgeg

Most multiplats that have a handheld version don't show off the handheld version much if at all in the marketing. Doesn't mean it isn't good. It just means they focus more on showing off the console version.

I think the main developers worked on the Vita version and they seem very proud of it so u would think they try to show it off, they could have at least give us a demo. This not my first time I was fooled with offscreen footage of the games, I thought Resistance BS looked amazing but once I saw it in person......well u know the rest.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#9 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Yeah, I have high hopes for the game itself, since Criterion has spoken confidently about the Vita version, which is being developed in-house. I do wish portable versions of games got more marketing attention, though. It's a different world, and the Vita's the type of device that needs the same push as big console releases.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#10 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i played the 3ds version of nfs the run and the 360 version of the run , and that game looked darn near identical so i dont see why the vita version of mw wouldnt look nearly to the console counter parts as well heck it should look a little more better then the 3ds had it ran the game , but then again its up to developers not the actual system its playing on , there was games last gen on the ds i felt could have had more work on it same for psp ,

if your not really sure id wait a while until there is video from the vita version that you can get a look at it ,

DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DeviIHuman
Member since 2012 • 212 Posts

I miss the old style of NFS that has car customization

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

DeviIHuman
we all do
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Granpire

DeviIHuman
It does have performance customization, just not visual mods.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DeviIHuman

[QUOTE="DeviIHuman"]

Granpire

It does have performance customization, just not visual mods.

Yeah you can only change its color, then I will not waste my time playing this

masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
The game looks good, I won't say as good as the console version since it's a lot smaller. I think the major difference is the long distance visibility. The cars are hard to avoid at a certain speed when their lights are off. Other than that the game looks great. It drains the battery real fast tho, I think I can play for a little more than an hour before I get a low battery warning. Also the game is full of bugs, like the menu always closing while browsing and the game crashing or even crashing the vita.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Granpire

DeviIHuman
It's not a waste of time simply because it doesn't have visual mods. It's an open-world racer, not a car-modding game. That's just being bitter about your nostalgic memories of Need for Speed.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DeviIHuman

[QUOTE="DeviIHuman"]

Granpire

It's not a waste of time simply because it doesn't have visual mods. It's an open-world racer, not a car-modding game. That's just being bitter about your nostalgic memories of Need for Speed.

Sorry turning down the game but most of the racing games are same like destroy car feature that burnout gaming style. I just miss the old NFS and so when playing to other people they can say "woah your car is so cool". I am looking forward to a high detail car customization so I just can't help it when they release another NFS Most wanted like this. But open world is like midnight run lol that was a hell of a good racing game too

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="DeviIHuman"]

DeviIHuman

Sorry turning down the game but most of the racing games are same like destroy car feature that burnout gaming style. I just miss the old NFS and so when playing to other people they can say "woah your car is so cool". I am looking forward to a high detail car customization so I just can't help it when they release another NFS Most wanted like this. But open world is like midnight run lol that was a hell of a good racing game too

Simulation (Gran Turismo),Arcade (Motorstorm),Kart (Modnation Racer),Car combat (Twisted Metal),Circuit racing (F1, Nascar),Offroad (Dirt),Open world.

I've heard nothing but good things about Most Wanted for Vita. If I didn't spend too much money last month I would have gotten it for sure.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Its a good game, but definitely not as good looking as on consoles. They had to dumb down the graphics to get the open world in. They got it all in there though. Its still a blast to play. You also share your Speed Points on PSN with your PS3 account. Essentially it means you dont have to progress and unlock your Most Wanted races on both platforms. You still have to find all the cars and run the races for them and all the collectibles.

oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

Its a good game, but definitely not as good looking as on consoles. They had to dumb down the graphics to get the open world in. They got it all in there though. Its still a blast to play. You also share your Speed Points on PSN with your PS3 account. Essentially it means you dont have to progress and unlock your Most Wanted races on both platforms. You still have to find all the cars and run the races for them and all the collectibles.

-ArchAngeL-777-
This, though I must stress that considering the open world; it's stunning. Really damn impressive job in my opinion. Though obviously down the line with the inevitable Gran Turismo release etc. it will be vastly out shone in the graphics department by it's closed track peers.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Granpire

But open world is like midnight run lol that was a hell of a good racing game tooDeviIHuman

Gamespot's 2.7 review of Midnight Run.

Are you sure you don't mean Midnight Club? Now that's a great open-world racer with great customization.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts
It drains the battery real fast tho, I think I can play for a little more than an hour before I get a low battery warning. masterdrat
What?
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 masterdrat
[QUOTE="masterdrat"] It drains the battery real fast tho, I think I can play for a little more than an hour before I get a low battery warning. PSP107
What?

The game drains the battery at least twice as fast as playing Gravity Rush, it's the only other game I own that is a full vita game that I can compare with.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="masterdrat"] It drains the battery real fast tho, I think I can play for a little more than an hour before I get a low battery warning. masterdrat
What?

The game drains the battery at least twice as fast as playing Gravity Rush, it's the only other game I own that is a full vita game that I can compare with.

You should get your Vita checked out, I'm not having that problem at all with it :S
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Racers are battery drainers. I get about 2-3 hours with nfs, about 3-4 with resistance and ninja gaiden.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts
[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="masterdrat"] It drains the battery real fast tho, I think I can play for a little more than an hour before I get a low battery warning. masterdrat
What?

What settings you have it on?
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 masterdrat
[QUOTE="masterdrat"][QUOTE="PSP107"] What?PSP107

What settings you have it on?

I don't think there are any settings. I do use a set of 70+ ohms impedence headphone but I use a portable amp so it should not be an issue. I'm playing in the subway while going to work, maybe it's trying to connect to the internet, I know some phone used to do that and drain their batteries real fast, I'm going to test it out.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

its a great game... They exceeded my expectations as regards the PSV version... looks great, runs smoothly and solid gameplay... Doesnt look as good as the console versions but surely a must have for racing fans (with a PSV)..