FamilyGuyFan507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 0

#1 FamilyGuyFan507
Member since 2005 • 2463 Posts

The wife picked up the PS VR for me for Christmas (The Skyrim Bundle) and I was curious what everyone would suggest for video games, accessories or any tips you'd recommend for the VR. I've never used a VR system (or had one) and am really wanting to get into this.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1175 Posts

I don't have a lot of PS4 VR games but Rigs Mechanized Combat League is the game that I have that is the best looking. I suggest picking it up on sale for $29.99 during the holiday sales. Some VR games don't look their best but Rigs is normal/good looking.

Stay away from Drive Club that is one of the games that doesn't look the best. GT Sport VR part also doesn't look its best but it looks better than Drive Club. I only have the demo of VR Worlds but some of those games looked pretty fun, also a buy at $29.99 game.

I thought PS VR was pretty easy to set up so I don't have any tips. Always press the button and pull the front part forward when putting on and taking off headset!

Eagle Flight also looks interesting but I could be wrong since I haven't tried it. Check out VR Youtube videos, they often don't look their best but are still fun and free.

This post is mainly to promote/recommend Rigs Mechanized Combat League.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Job Simulator, great VR game

GT: Sport

Try all the free VR games on the store, yes even the cartoony looking ones are great (Hatsune Mika Diva)

Resident Evil, best VR experience of 2017

Also, all games are playable in VR, you just play the same game as you would, but its projected on a massive virtual TV.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

If you into survival horror I suggest - Re7, Paranormal Activity + Don't Knock Twice

GT Sport, Thumper, Rigs + Tekken 7 as well.

Farpoint to me is an underrated FPS game. I would also wait until more PSVR titles come out - Fallout VR for RPG fans is confirmed, Bravo Team + Visage.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Something not said in the psvr setup: make sure you adjust the headset to match your eyes... It's in the settings menu on your PS4. Download the 2 demo disc from the store and see what kind of games you like. I'm playing farpoint right now. It's on sale for $70 on Amazon and Walmart.com with the aim controller, which is fantastic. Raw data is really good also. Playroom VR is really fun if you have someone else to play with and it's free from the ps store.

Avatar image for FamilyGuyFan507
FamilyGuyFan507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#7 FamilyGuyFan507
Member since 2005 • 2463 Posts

I appreciate all the comments everyone. I'm really excited to play it, definitely nervous to break into the world.

Thinking about picking up Star Trek, Batman and researching to see what else I can find.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

@FamilyGuyFan507:

Batman VR is quite awesome, haven't played Star Trek yet.

If you are into FPS games I suggest getting Farpoint which is highly underrated, Raw Data is pretty cool too, and Bravo Team looks promising!

Survival Horror games - Don't Knock Twice, RE7, Dreadhalls + Paranormal Activity

RPG - Skyrim VR + waiting until fallout VR is released

JoPython

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 JoPython
Member since 2017 • 6 Posts

Farpoint, Resident Evil 7, Super Hot, Raw Data, Rec Room, Doom VFR.... have fun

Avatar image for anxietyconquere
anxietyconquere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anxietyconquere
Member since 2017 • 38 Posts

Can't wait to get my hands on VR too :)

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

the upcoming game Moss is amazing...on demo disc 2

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I’ve played a fair amount of games on psvr, but my favourite is still the London heist in vr worlds. Its very interactive with the move controllers. Vr worlds is pretty cheap by now so it’s worth the price in my opinion. Play it then get hyped for full follow up blood and truth.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

As much as everyone would say Job Simulator, don't buy it. not even 2 hours long for 20 bucks.

Farpoint is good but terrible shallow. Doom VFR is only good if you buy the Aim Imo or if you don't mind using controller.

If you wan't a decent racing vr game than go for Driveclub VR (Dirt Rally VR is not for everyone so not sure if you would like that.)

Resident evil 7 is perfect to start with along with VR Worlds.

Also download Rec Room, it's free and tons of fun with random people.

If you are buying the Aim controller then go for Arizona Sunshine, it's pretty amazing.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Elite Dangerous if it works for it

@speedfog I heard that RE7 was a horrible game

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Thumper is wonderful in VR. In my top 10 2016 games.

Really enjoyed Psychonauts, good writing and colorful graphics. It deals well with the limitations of VR.

RE7, well... I didn't enjoy it that much but the the initial moments are vibrant with atmosphere. But in a big way it made me sell my PSVR. Maybe next gen the tech is there but right now it's not worth my gaming time.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TryIt

@phbz said:

Thumper is wonderful in VR. In my top 10 2016 games.

Really enjoyed Psychonauts, good writing and colorful graphics. It deals well with the limitations of VR.

RE7, well... I didn't enjoy it that much but the the initial moments are vibrant with atmosphere. But in a big way it made me sell my PSVR. Maybe next gen the tech is there but right now it's not worth my gaming time.

well while one plays on the PS VR deciding that VR is not ready, they should keep in mind that the Oculus is has better specs in all categories.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@tryit: I know that. But this thread is about PSVR. And I'm also hoping for wireless. (I know it's already a thing but apparently the drop in quality is huge right now)

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TryIt

@phbz said:

@tryit: I know that. But this thread is about PSVR. And I'm also hoping for wireless. (I know it's already a thing but apparently the drop in quality is huge right now)

fair enough, I just dont want people giving up on VR because all they ever tried was the one with lower specs is all.

T3xArmageddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 T3xArmageddon
Member since 2012 • 38 Posts

sell it LMAO