New To Final Fantasy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingwli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kingwli
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
I was wondering should i get this game being kind of new to the final fantasy series been looking at game footage and pictures looks pretty awesome just wanted some opinions
pink_floyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 pink_floyd123
Member since 2006 • 1334 Posts
Do you mean FFT, FF1, or FF2? They're all good games but if you're new to the series I recommend a more accesible one such as 10 or 12.
kingwli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kingwli
crisis core final fantasy 4
pink_floyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pink_floyd123

Crisis Core isn't out yet but looks great, it's a prequel to FF7 so you might have to play 7 to understand the story.

Also I'm not sure if that was a typo or not but FF4 isn't out for the PSP. (yet...hahaha)

kingwli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kingwli
yea i meant 7 thankz 4 da input
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

Do you mean FFT, FF1, or FF2? They're all good games but if you're new to the series I recommend a more accesible one such as 10 or 12.pink_floyd123

HELL NO. If you're new to the Final Fantasy series, then you better damn well start with the first or second.

pink_floyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pink_floyd123

1. LOL

2. Look me in the eyes and tell me 1 and 2 are more accesible than 10 and 12. They aren't.

kakashi_AnBu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 kakashi_AnBu
Member since 2005 • 1072 Posts

What? Final Fantasy 1 and 2 are the easiest to get in the series. I mean, he'll never want to play them if he plays the better ones first and it will seem all the better as he advances more through the final fantasy franchise. What better way to learn the basic jobs than those? Well, maybe not 2, but definently 1.

And Final Fantasy Crisis Core will sound like a bunch of crap if you've never played through Final Fantasy VII before. Sure, its a prequel, but it requires prior knowledge to a lot of details, will have a lot of characters pop up as cameos you'll have no idea about, and will totally ruin the FFVII plot twist should you play it afterwards.

IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IppotheFighter
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
If you new play ffx, but nothing ever replaces playing ff7 back in 97 when it first game came out.
Drunko_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Drunko_Elf
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts

Just wondering, by FFVII are you meaning Dirge of Cerebus? I have that one and have played through it, but I am wondering if your making reference to another one?

Drunko_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Drunko_Elf

Just wondering, by FFVII are you meaning Dirge of Cerebus? I have that one and have played through it, but I am wondering if your making reference to another one?

Drunko_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Drunko_Elf
Sorry, worded it wrong. I want to get Crisis Core, but you are saying to play FFVII first? Is this Dirge of Cerebus or is their another?
kakashi_AnBu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kakashi_AnBu
Member since 2005 • 1072 Posts
Dirge of Cerebus is a sequel to the original Final Fantasy VII. Try it. while the graphics suck, the gameplay holds up amazingly well to today's games.
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ironfungus

1. LOL

2. Look me in the eyes and tell me 1 and 2 are more accesible than 10 and 12. They aren't.

pink_floyd123

1. I can't look you in the eyes over the internet.

2. It doesn't matter what's accessible and what's not. Final Fantasy 10 isn't a real Final Fantasy. The only games that can be truly considered Final Fantasy titles are 9 and below. That's it. 10 and 12 aren't real Final Fantasies.

Know why? Square Enix has no real talent anymore. Squaresoft was once great, but they ended up destroying themselves...starting with FF10.

So start with Final Fantasy 1 and 2 in this argument. Really, you don't need to start anywhere. Chronologically it makes no difference. My first was Final Fantasy 3 (SNES) which is now mistakenly labeled Final Fantasy 6. Then afterwards I played Final Fantasy 7 of course and I have now yet to enjoy another game again (though Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross' story game dangerously close to grabbing that favoritism away from FF7).

Sorry, worded it wrong. I want to get Crisis Core, but you are saying to play FFVII first? Is this Dirge of Cerebus or is their another?Drunko_Elf

Yeah, play FF7 first. Dirge of Cerberus doesn't even deserve to have the title "Final Fantasy 7" and in the real FF universe, it never happened. It was made by Square Enix, and so it therefore never happened. The story ENDED with Final Fantasy VII. They made the movie, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and I own and enjoy watching that, but as far as I'm concerned it's just a movie made for the fans and it never actually happened.

You don't need to play FF7 first to enjoy Crisis Core (IMO, since it's a prequel), but you might want to seriously look into doing that anyway.

chewie1125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 chewie1125
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
My first FF game on psp was FFT...it was great...if i were u...i wouldn;t get FF 1 and 2 as they are quite expensive..unless u have money to lose...
ckyvick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 ckyvick
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts
what do you mean "Final Fantasy 3 (SNES) which is now mistakenly labeled Final Fantasy 6." final fantasy 3 was originally final fantasy 6 in japan, because other games weren't released here,till now, like did you not hear about the remake of ff3 for the ds that came out? four was 2 for us on snes...so there were no english translations for 2,3, or 5 on their consoles. only remakes for other consoles.
Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts

what do you mean "Final Fantasy 3 (SNES) which is now mistakenly labeled Final Fantasy 6." final fantasy 3 was originally final fantasy 6 in japan, because other games weren't released here,till now, like did you not hear about the remake of ff3 for the ds that came out? four was 2 for us on snes...so there were no english translations for 2,3, or 5 on their consoles. only remakes for other consoles. ckyvick

I was about to write the same thing. As for topic I'd say: if you got only PSP then wait till Crisis Core, because FF1 and FF2 are just for hardcore fans but FFT is a bit tought if haven't played Jeanne D'Arc or Disgaea.

justin315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 justin315
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts
wait for crisis core, its gonna be sweet!
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

That's it. 10 and 12 aren't real Final Fantasies.

Know why? Square Enix has no real talent anymore. Squaresoft was once great, but they ended up destroying themselves...starting with FF10.

Ironfungus

FF10 was made by Squaresoft.

DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
[QUOTE="Ironfungus"]

Ragnarok1051

Took the words out of my mouth. Lay of the crack I love X as much if not more then IX, IV, and VIII.

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ironfungus
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Ironfungus"]

DeliriumGlo

Took the words out of my mouth. Lay of the crack I love X as much if not more then IX, IV, and VIII.

Did I say that FF10 wasn't made by Squaresoft? I said that's when their downfall began. Who knows, maybe they can revive themselves?

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Yes, you should buy it. I think you're talking about Final Fantasy I for the PSP.
trestx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 trestx
Member since 2008 • 116 Posts
If you are new to RPGs, start at the beginning. FF1 was originally made when everyone was new to RPGs. If you jump in on FFTactics without any prior RPG experience, it will frustrate you, because that one starts out with a pretty steep learning curve.