New to fighting games, please help me decide!

Avatar image for deactivated-614341c2a70d0
deactivated-614341c2a70d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-614341c2a70d0
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

What is the most fun fighting game on PS4? Been eyeing Injustice 2 and MK XL. Which has the most fun gameplay?

Are there others I should consider?

Avatar image for deactivated-614341c2a70d0
deactivated-614341c2a70d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-614341c2a70d0
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

I jumped on MK XL. So far so good.

Ninja_cat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Ninja_cat11
Member since 2019 • 9 Posts

It all depends on which fighting engine you like. If you like Netherrealm's fighting games, then keep on going with them. Tekken 7 is also great game even without all the DLC. It is defintely worth the price of admission as of right now. Tekken is very easy to pick up and play despite claims of it being difficult. . Soul Calibur and Dragon Ball Fighterz are also great games. If you can get the arcade edition of Street Fighter 5, the game is not terrible. Most places do not sell the arcade edition in stores.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

I like the Tekken series. But, MK is my roots so I'll have to recommend MK on PS3. That game is also on the PSN game rental if you want to stream it instead of rolling out your PS3. I have not tried any DBZ games since the PS2. How are the DBZ games? Better than PS2 Budokai games?

PorFavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PorFavor
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

Hey! My favorite fighting game is MK, but I don't like the last one so much, so I'd recommend MK XL. Take a closer look at UFC 3, it's the best fighting for me. The only disadvantage is that your friends who don't often play UFC 3 will have no chances against you. MK to chilling with friends, UFC 3 for multiplayer.

Ninja_cat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ninja_cat11
Member since 2019 • 9 Posts

@gcfreak898: Dragonball Xenoverse is more of an MMO than a fighter. Dragonball Fighter Z is a simplified version of the fighting engine used in Guilty Gear. The PSN holiday sale has the game going for cheap. Most of the DLC characters are going for half off. The story mode is cool albeit repetitive. One of the best fighters I have played in awhile. Now is the perfect time to go for it.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

MKXL, Tekken 7, Injustice 2 +DBFZ. I like MKXL the most especially with the new pack that just came out :)

Ottyandthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ottyandthedj
Member since 2020 • 113 Posts

Gotta love MK, sorta over the top at times but has a great fighter selection and good levels on it. I like its style as a fighter. Injustice is fun as well !

ChristSenpai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChristSenpai
Member since 2020 • 9 Posts

As someone who plays tons of games, but is not a huge fan of fighting games, Soul Caliber is a super solid choice. I really didn’t like MK or injustice.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

MK and Injustice are solid games. They have some issues, especially with animation, but they are the type of problems that will only matter if you really get into fighting games. Here's a few that I think are beginner friendly, but will still keep you entertained if you dive deep into the genre:

• Dragonball FighterZ
  • Persona 4: Arena
  • Soul Calibur
  • Dead or Alive (I like 5 more than 6, but it's still good)
HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

Most of Tekken and Soul Calibur series are a good entry for a beginner since you can actually do something with button mashing.

NetherRealm Studio games, Injustice and MK are more advanced imho since you can't do anything if you button mash. You can spam certain abilities but you're also easily shut down by a more experienced player.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Street Fighter 5 and Tekken 7 are two of my favorites this gen.