New PS headset not working! wth?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blackhawk923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blackhawk923
Member since 2006 • 247 Posts
Ok so im new to the playstation 3 community and just got my system about a month ago. I waited until the release of socom and bought the bundle with the headset. well we all know how that game is performing, but i have overlooked its rocky start cuz i was a huge fan of socom 2. anyway ive had the game and headset for a week and i was just playing earlier using my headset and now recently signed back on and the headset doesnt work at all! i tried charging it and everything......nothing. the headset is broken and im extremely gentle with everything i own. its just been a really discouraging start. an online game only that is broken (although i am willing to wait until it works) and a disfuntional headset. HAS ANYONE ELSES HEADSET STOPPED WORKING FOR NO REASON?
DARKCHOAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DARKCHOAS
Member since 2003 • 2100 Posts
When you hold the button down do you hear the chimes for it to turn on? have you tried plugging it in directly to the headset not the base? Does it light up when you charge it?
Blackhawk923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blackhawk923
Member since 2006 • 247 Posts
well i called sony and tried everything. i guess my headset was defective. im glad i saved my reciept cuz i just brought it back to best buy and exchanged it. has anyone elses head set been defective?
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
Nope and ive been using mine a lot. When not using it for my PS3 i sync it with my phone ... working like a charm !
Sw0rDMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Sw0rDMaN
Member since 2005 • 1234 Posts
Did you go recheck if it was still activated it in the accessory menu?
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts
Did you pair it with your PS3? If not USB is the best way to do it. Also go to "settings" on your XMB (cross media bar) scroll down to "Accessory Settings" then scroll down to "Audio Device Settings" and make sure your "Input/Output Device" is using "Wireless Headset".