New info on the upcoming Batman: Arkham Asylum game (+pictures) !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

http://www.slashgamer.com/2008/08/14/11-scans-and-screens-of-game-informers-coverge-of-batman-arkham-asylum/

Looks like THE game Batman fans have been looking for is finally going to be released. It looks fantastic if you ask me.

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
looks bad imo
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts

poop. the gay grey suited batman, and heath ledger's joker isnt present. im not playing it :(LuongoRox1

i like more jack nicholson`s joker and this one looks like it :D, well i`ll have to wait for reviews for it, not very interested at the moment

ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts
It would be amazing if jack nicholson would do the voice-over for the joker;)
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 QuebecSuperstar

i like more jack nicholson`s joker and this one looks like it :D, well i`ll have to wait for reviews for it, not very interested at the moment

psyum

That's the first thing I noticed! Personally, I don't prefer one over the other because they're just too different to compare them.

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
[QUOTE="psyum"]

QuebecSuperstar

That's the first thing I noticed! Personally, I don't prefer one over the other because they're just too different to compare them.

yeah i know they are different, i just like the first one better, also i found heath`s joker great but they over did the make up i think, thats the only think i didnt like as much otherwise they are both great :)

JnTam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JnTam
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
omg cant wait!!!
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i think they need to improve on the joker, and batman too they dont really look like bruce/batman, just some dude, i dont know if im makin sense maybe not but it doesnt have that batman feel to it, well it is work in progress so lets wait and see some more
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
good in some parts...bad in others...
Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts
I'm not too crazy about the whole third-person thing they're deciding to do with this game.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
wow joker looks creepy!! SWEET! and batman looks AWESOME!! I CANT WAIT!!
--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 --Sinister--
Member since 2006 • 3136 Posts
The game has a Christipher Nolan sence of darkness, and not only does the game look like either a heavy teen or even M rated title, but the Joker, and Killer Kroc are confirmed to be in it! I can't wait to pick this up on day one!!!
dr-venkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dr-venkman
Member since 2006 • 1561 Posts
It could be the best adaptation yet of one of the graphic novels. More so then the films (Though the 90's animated series still takes the cake) The graphic novel, Arkham Asylum, which this game is obviously based on, was one of Batman darkest stories. He's trapped inside with all these criminals and he eventually starts questioning his own sanity. I hope they do something interesting with it. I'm surprised at the amount of people complaining how it looks... As much as I love Batman (1988), Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Lets be honest. They weren't the most accurate adaptations. Batman in his best novels was an old guy. He's not Christian Bale, and this isn't supposed to be one of Batman's first outings. The Joker thankfully looks more like the actual Joker then Heath did. Heath was awesome, no doubt, but he didn't laugh uncontrollably when he killed someone, and his white face was merely face paint. It wasn't scarred white. I for one can't wait for this game because it could end up being the perfect one.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
This is a dream come true if it turns out to actually be good. Batman's less than stellar videogame treatment really needs to be rectified. I would personally like to see a game adaption of The Dark Knight Returns some time in the future. It's structure could be converted into a game reasonably easily, what with their being a number of scenarios missions could be based on and a 'boss' type encounter at the end of every issue.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
What in the world is that big green thing standing toe to toe with batman in chains... I would hate to see him in a dark alley
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QuebecSuperstar

What in the world is that big green thing standing toe to toe with batman in chains... I would hate to see him in a dark alleyballer72

Isn't that the Croc guy? I'm not too familiar with the Batman vilains (except Joker, Penguin and Riddler :P)

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
looking good. batman just looks a little too big in some spots, but overall, not so bad a start. hope to see more of it.
inFamous_Nik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 inFamous_Nik
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts
[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"][QUOTE="psyum"]

psyum

yeah i know they are different, i just like the first one better, also i found heath`s joker great but they over did the make up i think, thats the only think i didnt like as much otherwise they are both great :)

u think they over did the make up on Heath Ledger's joker but not on Jack's joker??? In the first Batman, the joker looked like a damn clown.... they WAAAAAAAAYYYY over did Jack's joker make up. i thought they did it right with Heath Ledger... even tho it shouldnt even be makeup at all n he should have just been bleached white all over

SethSOMT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 SethSOMT
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

Comic books in general need a good video game hit to keep them alive in the video game industry.

I am just hoping (alot) that they will not try to push for a Watchmen video game, in light of the new movie. That would piss me (and more) off in more way than one.

shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts

I'm not too crazy about the whole third-person thing they're deciding to do with this game. alwayspureblood

do you want a fps batman game?

gross...

if you ask me, as long as it has nothing to do with any of the movies it can be fine

KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 KengoK
Member since 2006 • 1768 Posts
wtf?!why is there a mutant, hulk-like. strange gray peace of.......doing in a batman game?

Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts

[QUOTE="alwayspureblood"]I'm not too crazy about the whole third-person thing they're deciding to do with this game. shroom76

do you want a fps batman game?

gross...

if you ask me, as long as it has nothing to do with any of the movies it can be fine

No, I would like a free-roam batman game, >_>.

moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 moshakirby18
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts
Graphically it looks ok. Though if there's not a decent story it will suck like the rest.
moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 moshakirby18

wtf?!why is there a mutant, hulk-like. strange gray peace of.......doing in a batman game?

KengoK

Yeah that is a bit odd....game sucks already, they clearly know nothing about the batman comics, story will suck because of this, no one wants to play a 3rd person singleplayer game that doesn't have a decent story.

KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KengoK

[QUOTE="KengoK"]wtf?!why is there a mutant, hulk-like. strange gray peace of.......doing in a batman game?

moshakirby18

Yeah that is a bit odd....game sucks already, they clearly know nothing about the batman comics, story will suck because of this, no one wants to play a 3rd person singleplayer game that doesn't have a decent story.

this game will suck bit time if they make some strange mutant story or smt like that....
is that ogre from LOtR ?

giancarlo_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 giancarlo_11
Member since 2006 • 1300 Posts

^ its killer croc. He is a real batman villan.

_

KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KengoK

_

giancarlo_11

yeah!?.....Thx for clearing that up.Now i'm less suspicious about this game
Amir29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 Amir29
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts
Thanks for posting this. It looks great :)
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I like the way they went with there own designs rather then try to copy the movie or something.
Masterbeat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Masterbeat2
Member since 2007 • 766 Posts
hmmmm... interesting:shock:
DeeJay-88-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DeeJay-88-
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
killer croc looks awesome, but other then that the game just doesnt appeal to me
DiabeticDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#33 DiabeticDood
Member since 2005 • 4331 Posts

It's a Batman game... It's gonna be bad. As good as it might look it's gonna be bad. I bet it will get a 6.0 or lower here on Gamespot. Thats just what I think though.

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
the first batman was awsome, i dont think its by the same creator but it was one of the only good movie based games
moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 moshakirby18

_

giancarlo_11

Since when was killer croc 12 feet tall?
--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 --Sinister--
Member since 2006 • 3136 Posts
[QUOTE="moshakirby18"]

[QUOTE="KengoK"]wtf?!why is there a mutant, hulk-like. strange gray peace of.......doing in a batman game?

KengoK

this game will suck bit time if they make some strange mutant story or smt like that....
is that ogre from LOtR ?

You know nothing of Batman if you dont even know who Killer Kroc is....

Solidshark21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Solidshark21
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts
looks pretty interesting so far. seems like the first time in forever that they are taking batman seriously when it comes to gaming. I wish they would take off that outer underwear look though. then his suit will be more believable. Also i hope that there is an alternate skin for the joker because after ledgers performance i want a less cartoony look. I'm glad this one wasn't made with kids in mind.
KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KengoK
[QUOTE="KengoK"][QUOTE="moshakirby18"]

--Sinister--

is that ogre from LOtR ?

You know nothing of Batman if you dont even know who Killer Kroc is....

and i never DID say that i'm a true batman know all person _))))