New indie games coming to Sony platforms for the first time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

The Swapper, Titan Attacks and MouseCraft will all be available on PS4, PS3 and Vita within the next couple of months, with the latter also set to launch on Steam. All three games will support Cross-Buy, meaning purchasing them for one Sony platform allows you to play them on the others.

First up, Titan Attacks arrives in North America on May 6 and in Europe on May 7. The game has been described as "a highly polished arcade action title inspired by games like Space Invaders and Galaga, but with many modern features including a full ship upgrade system, online leaderboards and stylish, neo-retro visuals." With the recent success enjoyed by titles like Resogun, Titan Attacks offers a more conventional take on the arcade shooter if you've somehow managed to master Housemarque's title.

The Swapper, meanwhile, is a fantastically atmospheric puzzle-platformer title that sees you master the ability to create clones of yourself and swap your consciousness between them, all the while trying to figure out what happened to the abandoned space station you find yourself on. When we reviewed the PC version, we gave it a 9.3 after saying it offered "ingenious puzzles and made [us] question mortality and morality in a way few games ever have." It's due out in North America on June 24 and in Europe on June 25.

Finally, MouseCraft will be available on Sony Platforms and Steam on July 8 in North America and July 9 in Europe. The best way to sum it up is a quirky fusion of Tetris and Lemmings, where you're tasked with guiding three mice past obstacles to gather crystals and arrive at a block of cheese by placing bricks. It sounds simple, but by the time the second half of its 80 levels arrived and bricks had numerous different properties, I was scratching my head. The fact some testers have already spent over 50 hours trying to figure out all the fiendishly difficult puzzles should give you an idea of the potential here.

Link

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I'm skeptical when it comes to indie titles, but I'm hoping these can deliver as promised.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#3 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

I love indies. I might give the Swapper a go.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Eh not a fan of Indie games, maybe one day a really good one could change my mind.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@dipdish said:

I love indies. I might give the Swapper a go.

that game has gotten some good reviews