NEED HELP WITH Online / Music / video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fighting_tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Fighting_tiger
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts
Today I got my PSP and next tuesday I'm getting WI-FI I was wondering then will I have Online and be able to "surf the web" on my PSP also how do I get Music/ Video on my PSP please help.  Thanks 8)
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts

Today I got my PSP and next tuesday I'm getting WI-FI I was wondering then will I have Online and be able to "surf the web" on my PSP also how do I get Music/ Video on my PSP please help. Thanks 8)Fighting_tiger

When you have wifi all you need to go is go to the "Internet" section on your PSP menu and open the web browser.  Then when you try to connect to a website you will have to detect an access point, and then set it up, it's not that hard pretty easy to figure out.

And to put music/video on your PSP you need one of the PSP USB cables to plug it into your computer, and then just drag MP3 files into the music folder, and to put movie files onto your psp you just drag the MP4 files into the video folder.  The video files have to be MP4 though, stuff like mpg and wmv doesn't work.

jasonbesto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 jasonbesto
Member since 2007 • 754 Posts

[QUOTE="Fighting_tiger"]Today I got my PSP and next tuesday I'm getting WI-FI I was wondering then will I have Online and be able to "surf the web" on my PSP also how do I get Music/ Video on my PSP please help. Thanks 8)KnightsofRound

When you have wifi all you need to go is go to the "Internet" section on your PSP menu and open the web browser. Then when you try to connect to a website you will have to detect an access point, and then set it up, it's not that hard pretty easy to figure out.

And to put music/video on your PSP you need one of the PSP USB cables to plug it into your computer, and then just drag MP3 files into the music folder, and to put movie files onto your psp you just drag the MP4 files into the video folder. The video files have to be MP4 though, stuff like mpg and wmv doesn't work.

Wat he said. And when you go to the net using your psp there are sites especially made for the psp like www.us.playstation.com and www.pspdrive.com. By now there should be more than 10 sites for the psp.

Fighting_tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fighting_tiger

[When you have wifi all you need to go is go to the "Internet" section on your PSP menu and open the web browser.  Then when you try to connect to a website you will have to detect an access point, and then set it up, it's not that hard pretty easy to figure out.

And to put music/video on your PSP you need one of the PSP USB cables to plug it into your computer, and then just drag MP3 files into the music folder, and to put movie files onto your psp you just drag the MP4 files into the video folder.  The video files have to be MP4 though, stuff like mpg and wmv doesn't work.

KnightsofRound

Thanks this really helped

P.S were do I get a USB and were do I plug it in

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts

Any store that sells PSPs should carry the USB cable.  The small end goes into the top of the PSP and the big end connects to your PC.  Heres a great guide from PSP Maniac that discusses the movie feature:

Many of the questions on here have been dealing with not having a folder on the removable drive of the PSP. So, here's what you do.
FORMAT YOUR MEMORY STICK.
Before formatting your memory stick, you'll want to move everything out of the removable drive and place it on your Desktop because formatting your memory stick erases EVERYTHING from the removable drive.
To format your memory stick: On your PSP, go to System Settings-Format Memory Stick. After you have formatted your memory stick, the folders you need for the PSP have been made. If the video folder (MP_ROOT) hasn't been made then that's due to you not having Firmware 2.0 or above because with 2.0 or above, the folder is created automatically.
If you don't have the video folder: Go to the removable drive of the PSP on your computer and create a folder (Right-click mouse and go to File-New-Folder). The folder goes right next to the PSP folder. Name the folder: MP_ROOT (the name being all in caps) and in the MP_ROOT folder, create a folder and name it 100MNV01. The 100MNV01 folder is where you store your .MP4 videos. To be able to use the new codec: AVC, you will need at least Firmware 2.0 and the folder should be created for you after you format your memory stick once you have Firmware 2.0 and above. If the AVC folder isn't created, create a folder in the MP_ROOT folder, named:100ANV01.
MP_ROOT-100MNV01 (.MP4)
MP_ROOT-100ANV01 (AVC)
The .MP4 video is to be named: M4Vxxxxx.MP4 where xxxxx is number (example M4V00001.MP4).
The AVC video is to be named: MAQxxxxx.MP4 where xxxxx is number (example MAQ00001.MP4).

New for 2.8:
There is now a VIDEO folder on the root of the memory stick.  You can just put your SP mp4 movies here.  The AVC mp4s still need to go in the other folder though.  There is also a MUSIC folder at the root.

Program to use to convert your videos to .MP4 or AVC:
PSP Video 9 http://pspvideo9.com/
3GP Converter http://www.nurs.or.jp/%7Ecalcium/3gpp/ (Yes, the website isn't in English.) Current version: 0.34
DVDs to PSP tutorial (using PSP Video 9): http://seamonkey420.tech-recipes.com/psp/dvd_to_psp.html
and http://www.mobiledeviant.com/forum/showthread.php?t=901
DVDs to PSP tutorial (using 3GP Converter) http://www.pspcrazy.com/?page=Articles&action=showarticle&id=95

Fighting_tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fighting_tiger
thanks