need help on background downloading

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shokeyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shokeyz
Member since 2006 • 355 Posts

im sorry if this question was asked before(i tried looking for a similar topic but couldnt find it)

I tried downloading DEF JAM ICON demo, and i put it in the background. Than i played mlb 2k7 for an hour (not online) and after i was done i was checking to see the progress and it was only 1% and it didnt move, until i quit the game. So i thought maybe it was cause mlb 2k7 might automatically take me to online. so i played God of War 1 (i bought god of war 2, but wanted to play god of war 1 first) for 2 hrs and its still 1%. And i know my connection is very fast(cable, plus a fast gaming wireless router, ps3 updates takes me 10 min)

SO whats wrong with my ps3? ty

devincl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 devincl
Member since 2003 • 52 Posts
I'm not sure about mlb 2k7 since i don't have that game but ps2 games disconnect you from the Internet
DirtyRotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DirtyRotten
Member since 2002 • 814 Posts
I don't think the background downloader necessarily means you can play a game while downloading, it just means you can queue up downloads and do other things within the system's menu. Try letting it download without playing a game.
needlesmcgirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 needlesmcgirk
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
it downloaded in the background while I played Motorstorm last night. Might just depend on the games.
RVHJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RVHJR
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
Why dont you try to download it alone and see how fast it does it.  Then try to download another game while you play baseball
spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts
Well, if you had read the update, it says that it will pause when playing Ps2 games, and any Pps3 game that goes online.. I am not sure about NBA07, but that's surprising that it paused it..
shokeyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shokeyz
ok thanks
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
background downloading will pause when: 1. you watch a DVD or blu-ray movie 2. play an online game or use other network features 3. play a PS2 game 4. start folding@home 5. use voice/video chat 6. perform a system update 7. adjust settings items under the Settings on the XMB
shokeyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shokeyz
[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"]background downloading will pause when: 1. you watch a DVD or blu-ray movie 2. play an online game or use other network features 3. play a PS2 game 4. start folding@home 5. use voice/video chat 6. perform a system update 7. adjust settings items under the Settings on the XMB

Damn all my games (fight night, resistance, mlb 2k7, god of war 1, god of war 2) fall into ur category, guess i just gotta turn it on and watch tv while it downloads