Need advice on buying a headset

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Eagles931
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
Ok so i was browsing around on amazon for some headsets and I stumbled across the sick looking skullcandy Ones for about 60$ http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html?a=B003C34WDI There's the link, now I wanted some advice on whether I should buy them or not, I always liked the skullcandy brand but never bought anything from that brand myself. I also looked at the reviews but they werent in depth at all so I though I should check with my fellow gamespot buddies :)
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
I don't know anything about that specific headset but spending $60 for a head set seems a bit much. That's just me of course.
mikey1611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mikey1611
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts

Hey, Eagles. I don't know about Skullcandy but some of my friends complained that it wasn't as sturdy. Are you buying it just for music? Or wanting to hear the epicness (and the footsteps) in video games?

Don't know much about headsets but if you got the patience, you could save up a little more and head up for the $200 range. I'm aiming for some Astros.

I know this guy on some forum, he seems to be great with headsets and is against the Astro, Trittons and Turtlebeaches for their overpriced...ness. I'll send you a message as soon as I find the forum.

@mrmusicman247

$60 is the borderline price for a good headset (IMO), I remember these Panasonic headsets and they are just great. Over the ear and I don't think it has noise-cancellation but it felt like it.

Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Eagles931
Well I believe $60 is a great price for a headset, but I wad kinda leaning towards turtlebeach ones too. $60 is my limit cuz sadly I make mcdonalds money :p lol
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Well I believe $60 is a great price for a headset, but I wad kinda leaning towards turtlebeach ones too. $60 is my limit cuz sadly I make mcdonalds money :p lolEagles931

You can get Turtle Beach PX21 for a little over $70 on Amazon. I'm a 30-year professional sound engineer and they meet my fairly picky standards for sound, comfort, flexibility of mix chat-to-game sound, etc., easy to interface with your system... greatly expanded my gaming. BlueTooth earbuds are lame because have no game sound, bleed a lot of ambient sound into the chat line, and can be uncomfortable after a half-hour.

Just my opinion.

But if a BlueTooth earbud is all you want, you can find completely viable products for around $10 on eBay I'm told.

Thrasher17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Thrasher17x
Member since 2008 • 369 Posts

[QUOTE="Eagles931"]Well I believe $60 is a great price for a headset, but I wad kinda leaning towards turtlebeach ones too. $60 is my limit cuz sadly I make mcdonalds money :p lolMonkeySpot

You can get Turtle Beach PX21 for a little over $70 on Amazon. I'm a 30-year professional sound engineer and they meet my fairly picky standards for sound, comfort, flexibility of mix chat-to-game sound, etc., easy to interface with your system... greatly expanded my gaming. BlueTooth earbuds are lame because have no game sound, bleed a lot of ambient sound into the chat line, and can be uncomfortable after a half-hour.

Just my opinion.

But if a BlueTooth earbud is all you want, you can find completely viable products for around $10 on eBay I'm told.

Yeah, get the PX21. It's worth it.

KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

[QUOTE="Eagles931"]Well I believe $60 is a great price for a headset, but I wad kinda leaning towards turtlebeach ones too. $60 is my limit cuz sadly I make mcdonalds money :p lolMonkeySpot

Just my opinion.

these are the ones you want and you just missed the gold deal they were for 55$ last week
jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
[QUOTE="Thrasher17x"]

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

Well I believe $60 is a great price for a headset, but I wad kinda leaning towards turtlebeach ones too. $60 is my limit cuz sadly I make mcdonalds money :p lolEagles931

Just my opinion.

Yeah, get the PX21. It's worth it.

Another vote for the PX21. Had a pair for awhile and absolutely love 'em! Greatest headset I've ever owned.
Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Eagles931
Well its settled then, PX21's here I come. Thanks for the help guys :)
UGAfootballfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 UGAfootballfan
Member since 2008 • 778 Posts

Yep, PX21's are probably your best option for the price range. I had to get mine at Best Buy, and it totaled up to $95 after purchasing the warranty. However, the sound seems much more clear and I can actually understand people on the microphone now. Definitely a good investment.

Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eagles931

Yep, PX21's are probably your best option for the price range. I had to get mine at Best Buy, and it totaled up to $95 after purchasing the warranty. However, the sound seems much more clear and I can actually understand people on the microphone now. Definitely a good investment.

UGAfootballfan
I actually see them on amazon right now for $60, by what I'm hearing from friends, turtlebeach is "the brand" to go to. So I'll be buying them when I get paid on the 7th :D
UGAfootballfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 UGAfootballfan
Member since 2008 • 778 Posts

Make sure you're looking at the PX21's and not the P21's.

But if that is definitely the PX, I envy you, hahaha. xD

Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Eagles931
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html?a=B002BU0DPE Right there for $66 :)
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Right-On, Eagles. Glad to be of service.