Need a good reason to buy a PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for kingcobrasoccer
kingcobrasoccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kingcobrasoccer
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts

I have always wanted to buy one but i cant seem to justify my purchase. Blu Ray and MGS4 are not enough altough MGS4 will kick ass and i dont care about bluray. Also everytime i am about to buy one something i want always gets delayed. I know ith has the most potential out of the 3 systems. My questions are:

Does PSN run smoothly when playing games (EX. Lag, and Graphics downgrading)?

Is it highly possible that most exclusives will get delayed or disappoint?

Will it be better to wait until Fall to make my purchase?

And finally do you regret buying one and try to justify your purchase (Be honest)?

supersnake930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 supersnake930
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts
lots of great exclusives coming up in the next couple of months.
Avatar image for cloud_strife007
cloud_strife007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cloud_strife007
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts
I got mine a few months ago and love it. I was struggaling between an x-box and ps3, but decided on the ps3 because of some of the exclusives coming in the future(Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy XIII). The blu-ray wasn't a huge issue for me because when I got it the format war wasn't over yet.(it ended within 2 weeks of me getting the ps3). If I didn't have one right now, I would wait untill the 80 gig MGS bundle comes out, I believe in may. I have no regrets buying my ps3. I don't play online right now, so don't have anything to say to that. I have a lot of hope for the exclusives as the two I am really concerned with both have a long history of top notch games.
bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 bluewrxman
Member since 2004 • 1799 Posts

I have always wanted to buy one but i cant seem to justify my purchase. Blu Ray and MGS4 are not enough altough MGS4 will kick ass and i dont care about bluray. Also everytime i am about to buy one something i want always gets delayed. I know ith has the most potential out of the 3 systems. My questions are:

And finally do you regret buying one and try to justify your purchase (Be honest)?

kingcobrasoccer

psn runs fine

some exclusives might get delayed

but i say that you wait until the games you really like come out on the system....there's also a rumored fall price cut to 299, but dont quote me on that

and i am very satisfied with my purchase, i play a lot of games and wath beautiful movies

stealth82428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stealth82428
Member since 2007 • 777 Posts

kingcobrasoccer

1. not that much lag but i have cable internet, if i'm in a laggy room, i leave and find another.

2. i think the big names won't disappoint as for the smaller ones, it might depend on if you like the genre, etc. delays happen a lot with all types of games

3. i think the mgs4 bundle will be the best time.

4. no regrets as i use it whenever i can. i don't need many games to feel like i've made a good purchase. i have 4 right now and they take up tons of time since i got the ps3.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

kingcobrasoccer

I've experienced some lag alright... but it was mostly because of the host, not because of the PSN.

I'm thinking "delayed" here... but I also think it's worth that delay.

Wait 'til June. I don't see why anyone should wait 'til fall, as there are no special news about "new" PS3 bundles/price cuts.

Nope, I don't regret it and I doubt I'll ever will. (TBH)

wv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wv06
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

PSN works great, but of course your internet connection has to be good as well.

The 360 and PS3 are very similar but the little things have me liking the PS3 more

PS3 has wireless built it, more reliable wireless controllers with longer battery life, motion controls, blu-ray high def format, free PSN service and no RROD shotty hardware

And beleive it or not the ps3 has better online games.. obviously both have all the multi plat ones.. then it is basically Halo and Gears vs WarHawk, Unreal Tournament 3, Socom, Resistance and Resistance 2, Metal Gear Online

dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
The PSN works great and dose not have any lag when playing online, Warhawk is definitely a PS3 exclusive that you need to try.
candid_llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 candid_llama
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

It'll cure cancer.

Really, I'm not lying.

Lucas666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lucas666
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
well, for me a good reason to buy it Metal Gear Guns of Patriots. Specially when the limited edition comes out.
Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#11 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts
If you need someone to talk you into the purchase, my advice is to not buy one
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts

It can turn gay people to as straight as Steel pole. LOL

But yeah good games,all around entertaintment,Good built in stuffs in it. over all perfection.....................................

Licazinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Licazinha
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

Search gamespot for HAZE, and UNCHARTED. Haze is coming out next month and Uncharted is already for sale and it's really really great. Don't trust the 8 score, everyone agrees it deserved a 9.

You play Uncharted, Haze, MGS4, Warhawk plus non exclusives like COD4, Oblivion Unreal, and GTA IV. Before you know it, Final Fantasy XIII is in your hands.

Plus the PS3 is really quiet and really beautiful... unlike others :)

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

kingcobrasoccer
1) PSN is usually pretty smooth. Sometimes that depends on the game, but the only game so far I have seen any real lag effects on is Gran Turismo prolgue. I dont know why because other racing games play fine on the PSN. Graphics arent downgraded for PSN unless the developer chooses to do so (example Rainbow Six Vegas). Other games like COD4 or Gran turismo prologue have just as stunning graphics online as off. 2) I dont know if most will get delayed. I think right now, they are figuring things out, then deciding to push the limits as far as they can. SO far, the exclusives out have been outstanding graphics, so obviously the delay was worth the wait. Besides, there is a lot on the slate for this year, so I wouldnt worry. Delays will actually give you a chance to play some of the other games that otherwise would get squeezed out. 3) I would say buy now. This summer/Fall promises to have a bunch of titles out. If you get one now, you can enjoy some of the releases you missed like Uncharted, Ratchet, Warhawk, Gran Turismo, Motorstorm, etc., then get ready for the summer/fall lineup starting with Haze and MGS4. 4) I absolutely do not regret it. If anything, I have played mine too much since I got it (January 2007) lol The online has been a vast improvement over PS2, and games like Motorstorm, COD 3/4, Ridge Racer 7, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Formula one, GRAW2, Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank... just check out the pictures on my sig and you will see I have been a busy gamer on PS3. lol A lot depends on what you like to play. Im not entirely exclusive to one genre so PS3 has been fine for me. Others that are more into RPG, JRPG, or even shooters for a while there, have been a bit disappionted. For me? Its been a great time...no regets at all.
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

PS3 is a Great built console,and online gaming such as Resistance plays just fine.But i cant but help feel like im dis-connected from any Playstation network that exists,because of the lack of in game Chat+messaging to your friends.If you want to have a quick chat with one of your friends also online,then you've usually got to come out of the game you're playing to do it,unlike the "Other" main console.

Also there's no in game music at the moment.I'm hoping that both these issues will be fixed soon with a firmware update though-The sooner,the better!

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 DuhQbnSiLo
Member since 2007 • 622 Posts
i hate these threads
Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#17 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1699 Posts

Am considering buying the system for a long time. However the only game that I really like on it is MGS4. Not much else on the console really interests me, so I guess that would justify a purchase?

However if they ever remake Final Fantasy VII for that system or make a new Kingdom Hearts game, than I will buy that system without a doubt! Till now, I'll stick to my 360 and Wii :)

agallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 agallo
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts
God owns one. But really blu-ray, home, and MGS plus all the other games coming out. Ps3 is worth it by all means.
cantoclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 cantoclub
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
to be honest i do regret my purchase, but i regret it alot less than i regret buying an xbox 360. i am more for pc gaming personally. the only thing about the ps3 that at all disappointed me was the limited titles for the system and occasional port problems (graphics mostly) i think that the psn is fabulous and performs its duties as well if not better than xboxlive. even if echeivements arent on this console. it is just masturbation to me anyway. i mean looking at the enormous amounts of time i wasted on any one game let alone thirty. fact is, the ps3 is a smarter investment as far as lasting in the market. it is simply more capable (an inclusion of multiple features). i like the 360 for its cutsom soundtracks but it seems a bit cheaper (quality) to me. no no it is cheaper. it is smooth online very very smooth, your modem is your limit. and any degradation of graphics (none to speak of) would be attributed to developer prblems not hardware. but if you can afford it go for a 790i platform pc. they are simply marvelous and capable of just about twice what any combination of consoles is. good luck and it wasnt a bad choice
FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 FstBrk342
Member since 2005 • 1527 Posts
buy one because i have one, and i em kewl ;)
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
PS3 has significantly better exclusive than the 360 this year.