Naughty Dog MUST learn from Prince of Persia

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 YekDastan316
Member since 2009 • 707 Posts

IMO i though that the POP series on the ps2 had the best platforming and puzzel solving out of any game out there. In uncharted 1 the platforming was way too easy and puzzel solving was short, plain, way to easy. Ya i know drake cant do the same things that the prince can do but still. im not asking for him to run along walls, doing blackflips even tho he can jump from one ledge to another much longer then micheal jordan can lol. all i want is superb platforming and puzzel solving that acually makes me stop and think "hhmm". if naughty dog can accomplish that in Uncharted 2 AKA GOTY, i am 100% sure that this game can score a perfect 10 and say hi to MGS4. cause from the reviews i read about the first uncharted that was like the one thing that was holding it back, and the wave of enemies that got repetitive. other then those i didnt see a flaw in the game.

and god how i miss prince of persia:cry:....damn you ubisoft for ruining the series

Photobucket

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

I'm fine with the simple climbin and stuff ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-652663614c5e5
deactivated-652663614c5e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-652663614c5e5
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts

if Naughty Dog focuses too much on the puzzles the game would be too much like Tomb Raider. besides i dont really want large scale puzzles in a TPS, i'd rather save those for the Action/Afventure genre.

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
I really don't want intense puzzle-solving in Uncharted. It's not what the series is supposed to be about. It's a nonstop action game, and I like it that way.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Why doesn't Naughty Dog just learn from Uncharted and work to make Uncharted 2 better?

Then Ubisoft can learn from their latest abomination, Prince of Persia, which even you said they ruined.

Don't blame Naughty Dog for what Ubisoft can't do right, because it was Naughty Dog's decision to make Uncharted's puzzles easy. Where the hell would you get the impression that Uncharted is trying to be Prince of Persia?

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"]I really don't want intense puzzle-solving in Uncharted. It's not what the series is supposed to be about. It's a nonstop action game, and I like it that way.

agreed
YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 YekDastan316

if Naughty Dog focuses too much on the puzzles the game would be too much like Tomb Raider. besides i dont really want large scale puzzles in a TPS, i'd rather save those for the Action/Afventure genre.

idontbeliveit

uncharted isnt gears of war. its not 100% tps. it acually is ACTION/ADVENTURE. mgs4 was action/adventure was is not? whats the diffrence between that and uncharted

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

People are going to hate the platforming in U2 because its hard to tell where to go due to the realism of basically everything. I can already imagine people complaing about not be able to climb stuff that isn't supposed to be climbed. People had a hard time buring the coop part of the beta that called for some climbing.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"]

YekDastan316

uncharted isnt gears of war. its not 100% tps. it acually is ACTION/ADVENTURE. mgs4 was action/adventure was is not? whats the diffrence between that and uncharted

What the hell are you talking about?

MGS4 is stealth action.

Even if it was an "ACTION/ADVENTURE," it still wouldn't be a "100% ACTION/ADVENTURE" game because it's got a bunch of other stuff thrown in. Much like Uncharted is a TPS which a bit of platforming added.

...Uncharted isn't an action/adventure game. That genre is reserved for games like Fahrenheit or Dreamfall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-652663614c5e5
[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"]

MGS4 is a stealth-action game, not an action/adventure, the main aim was to sneak. uncharted isnt 100% TPS, but the vast majority of it is because you're shooting most of the time, and so it falls into that category. similarly with fallout 3, not fully an RPG because it has both FPS and TPS elements, but its an RPG at heart.
YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 YekDastan316

People are going to hate the platforming in U2 because its hard to tell where to go due to the realism of basically everything. I can already imagine people complaing about not be able to climb stuff that isn't supposed to be climbed. People had a hard time buring the coop part of the beta that called for some climbing.

Zidaneski

in uncharted if you take too long trying to figure out where to go then the game will hint you. it acually pretty clever so that wont be a problem.

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"]

MGS4 is stealth action.

Even if it was an "ACTION/ADVENTURE," it still wouldn't be a "100% ACTION/ADVENTURE" game because it's got a bunch of other stuff thrown in. Much like Uncharted is a TPS which a bit of platforming added.

...Uncharted isn't an action/adventure game. That genre is reserved for games like Fahrenheit or Dreamfall.

uncharted is 70% TPS 30% A/A
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"][QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"]

MGS4 is a stealth-action game, not an action/adventure, the main aim was to sneak. uncharted isnt 100% TPS, but the vast majority of it is because you're shooting most of the time, and so it falls into that category. similarly with fallout 3, not fully an RPG because it has both FPS and TPS elements, but its an RPG at heart.

But Uncharted is a TPS at heart. More than action/adventure because its really linear.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zidaneski

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

YekDastan316

in uncharted if you take too long trying to figure out where to go then the game will hint you. it acually pretty clever so that wont be a problem.

Oh yeah, thats true. At least the Jak series was good for something, lol j/k. One thing I don't recommend is to play Infamous and then Uncharted afterwards...it feels so weird.

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YekDastan316

[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"]

idontbeliveit

buddy.........
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

* SCEA
* Naughty Dog , SCE/WWS
* Modern Action Adventure
* Release: Nov 16, 2007 »
* ESRB: Teen

ITS A ACTION/ADVENTURE. just because you do more shooting then platforming or w.e dosnt change that. you are adventuring that envolvs alot of action do you not? lol.....action/adventure confirmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-652663614c5e5

[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"][QUOTE="YekDastan316"]uncharted isnt gears of war. its not 100% tps. it acually is ACTION/ADVENTURE. mgs4 was action/adventure was is not? whats the diffrence between that and uncharted

bobaban

MGS4 is a stealth-action game, not an action/adventure, the main aim was to sneak. uncharted isnt 100% TPS,BUT the vast majority of it is because you're shooting most of the time, and so it falls into that category. similarly with fallout 3, not fully an RPG because it has both FPS and TPS elements, but its an RPG at heart.

But Uncharted is a TPS at heart. More than action/adventure because its really linear.

i know, thats the point i was arguing, as you can see from the part i highlighted.

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 YekDastan316

[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

Zidaneski

Oh yeah, thats true. At least the Jak series was good for something, lol j/k. One thing I don't recommend is to play Infamous and then Uncharted afterwards...it feels so weird.

ya youl feel like you can climb everything lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-652663614c5e5

[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"][QUOTE="YekDastan316"]uncharted isnt gears of war. its not 100% tps. it acually is ACTION/ADVENTURE. mgs4 was action/adventure was is not? whats the diffrence between that and uncharted

YekDastan316

buddy.........

* SCEA
* Naughty Dog , SCE/WWS

ITS A ACTION/ADVENTURE. just because you do more shooting then platforming or w.e dosnt change that. you are adventuring that envols alot of action do you not? lol.....action/adventure confirmed

everywhere i read, they always say the game features platforming and TPS elements. action/adventure games arent as linear as Uncharted is. games like Assassin's Creed are action/adventure.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

Unknown_Hero3
This. Drake is an average guy.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zidaneski

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

RTUUMM

With hollow bones...

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

[QUOTE="RTUUMM"][QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

Zidaneski

With hollow bones...

He can jump 15 feet with no running start..so what ;)

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 YekDastan316

[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"] MGS4 is a stealth-action game, not an action/adventure, the main aim was to sneak. uncharted isnt 100% TPS, but the vast majority of it is because you're shooting most of the time, and so it falls into that category. similarly with fallout 3, not fully an RPG because it has both FPS and TPS elements, but its an RPG at heart.idontbeliveit

buddy.........

* SCEA
* Naughty Dog , SCE/WWS

ITS A ACTION/ADVENTURE. just because you do more shooting then platforming or w.e dosnt change that. you are adventuring that envols alot of action do you not? lol.....action/adventure confirmed

everywhere i read, they always say the game features platforming and TPS elements. action/adventure games arent as linear as Uncharted is. games like Assassin's Creed are action/adventure.

linear or not....pop series was linear, hell pop series was a one way street....i checked gears of war and it says sci fi shooter why because thats all it has. thats what they perfected. uncharted has to perfect its platforming or w.e, they already perfected the shooting hell its even better then geow. so all im saying is for this game to be REALLY good it has to perfect in these elements becasue that is what the game is about. Good platforming, Good shooting = GOTY.

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 YekDastan316

[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"]

Scianix-Black

MGS4 is stealth action.

Uncharted is a action/adventure with shooting in it. same as pop series is a action adventure with sword fighting in it. dosnt matter if you shoot more then platform. action adventrue isnt all about platforming. im not trying to say that uncharted is all about action adventrure with tacked on shooting. the shooting in uncharted is better then most of the 100% tps games out there. but if you check you would realise that uncharted falls in the action/adventure genre not third person shooter. to be TPS u have to have 100% shooting in third person view. ex..SOCOM. and there is no genre for STEALTH adventure game. mgs4 still falls under action adventure. dont believe me check the games info. uncharted is action adventure at heart the "SHOOTING" falls under "ACTION". if it didnt have shooting i would be just ADVENTURE....like pokemon, well no even pokemon had action in it

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

idontbeliveit
Even though Uncharted contains a lot of shooting, i'd consider it just as much of an action adventure, if not more. In my mind its an Action/Adventure 3rd person shooter.
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Pig_Hostage
lol I like how this whole thread turned into an argument about genre semantics.
Wiiingssbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wiiingssbb
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

Puzzles make me frown..cuz I'm slow and also the newest Prince of Persia made me frown

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 YekDastan316

Puzzles make me frown..cuz I'm slow and also the newest Prince of Persia made me frown

Wiiingssbb

lol....then you my friend are one unhappy dude.

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]uncharted isnt gears of war. its not 100% tps. it acually is ACTION/ADVENTURE. mgs4 was action/adventure was is not? whats the diffrence between that and uncharted

YekDastan316

MGS4 is stealth action.

Uncharted is a action/adventure with shooting in it. same as pop series is a action adventure with sword fighting in it. dosnt matter if you shoot more then platform. action adventrue isnt all about platforming. im not trying to say that uncharted is all about action adventrure with tacked on shooting. the shooting in uncharted is better then most of the 100% tps games out there. but if you check you would realise that uncharted falls in the action/adventure genre not third person shooter. to be TPS u have to have 100% shooting in third person view. ex..SOCOM. and there is no genre for STEALTH adventure game. mgs4 still falls under action adventure. dont believe me check the games info. uncharted is action adventure at heart the "SHOOTING" falls under "ACTION". if it didnt have shooting i would be just ADVENTURE....like pokemon, well no even pokemon had action in it

What's with all the labeling arguements? Uncharted is well Uncharted, Sure it has alot of different elements but why bother labeling it to a genre? Great game and I'm looking forward to 2 and the co-op is amazing!

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Sry i laughed hard at the spot where you said that Uncharted would get a 10/10. Sry nope not going to happen. It's going to be a great game/AAAe game but not a AAAAe. Now if GS did the 5 star rating then yes it would get 5/5 stars but thats a lot different system then the .5 system of GS.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Why does everyone think the latest PoP was so bad? I thoroughly enjoyed it. The sands of time trilogy ran it's course and the series had to move on. Sure I understand that the game could be repetitive but I wasn't really put off that much. Imo Ubisoft screwed the Far Cry series more than the PoP series.
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Pig_Hostage
Why does everyone think the latest PoP was so bad? I thoroughly enjoyed it. The sands of time trilogy ran it's course and the series had to move on. Sure I understand that the game could be repetitive but I wasn't really put off that much. Imo Ubisoft screwed the Far Cry series more than the PoP series.Duckman5
I think it was good, but sometimes it felt as if the game was playing itself. I don't mean that it was too easy, I mean that the way the platforming played out was so automatic and on-rails that it felt like an extended quicktime event (same with the battles, for that matter).
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Why does everyone think the latest PoP was so bad? I thoroughly enjoyed it. The sands of time trilogy ran it's course and the series had to move on. Sure I understand that the game could be repetitive but I wasn't really put off that much. Imo Ubisoft screwed the Far Cry series more than the PoP series.The_Pig_Hostage
I think it was good, but sometimes it felt as if the game was playing itself. I don't mean that it was too easy, I mean that the way the platforming played out was so automatic and on-rails that it felt like an extended quicktime event (same with the battles, for that matter).

personally i enjoyed it but it isnt for someone looking for a challenge(PoP)
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The_Pig_Hostage
[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]Why does everyone think the latest PoP was so bad? I thoroughly enjoyed it. The sands of time trilogy ran it's course and the series had to move on. Sure I understand that the game could be repetitive but I wasn't really put off that much. Imo Ubisoft screwed the Far Cry series more than the PoP series.yarou1000

Like I said, I didn't mind it being easy. I just wish the platforming and battles didn't feel like quicktime events.
eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

ya uncharted could have been alot more interactive then it was...and i hated the jet ski parts....

Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#35 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

All I can say is I hope they don't "learn" from Warrior Within because that game sucked lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
[QUOTE="yarou1000"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"] I think it was good, but sometimes it felt as if the game was playing itself. I don't mean that it was too easy, I mean that the way the platforming played out was so automatic and on-rails that it felt like an extended quicktime event (same with the battles, for that matter). The_Pig_Hostage

Like I said, I didn't mind it being easy. I just wish the platforming and battles didn't feel like quicktime events.

the battles were suppose to feel like that....but i didnt think the platforming felt like that.....
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Pig_Hostage
[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="yarou1000"] personally i enjoyed it but it isnt for someone looking for a challenge(PoP)yarou1000

the battles were suppose to feel like that....but i didnt think the platforming felt like that.....

Most platforming sequences in that game consist of jumping onto a wall, at which point the Prince will start running forward on his own, and then it's: Press Circle when you see a handle Press Triangle when you see a glowing platform Press X when you see the end of the scratch marks on the wall And you just keep doing that as he continues to move forward until the end of the sequence. And then you jump on another wall and start the on-rails sequence again. It's just one long quicktime event; the only difference is that they prompt you with scratch marks and glowing platforms instead of actually showing the buttons on screen.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
lol I like how this whole thread turned into an argument about genre semantics.The_Pig_Hostage
Yeah, its pretty hilarious considering they're all wrong. A game can fall into a multitude of genres. Any TPS can be an Action/Adventure as well. If you look under action/adventure, TPS, or platforming you'll find Uncharted. Trade platforming for stealth and you'll find MGS4. That said, Uncharted sucks as a TPS. Why? Because the cunplay is terrible. :P
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

Published by: Konami

Developed by: Kojima Productions

Release Date: June 12, 2008

Genre: Third-Person Action

MGS4 is NOT an action/adventure, not to mention it says tactical espionage action on the box art. AKA, stealth action.

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 YekDastan316

[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"]lol I like how this whole thread turned into an argument about genre semantics.Nephilim83
Yeah, its pretty hilarious considering they're all wrong. A game can fall into a multitude of genres. Any TPS can be an Action/Adventure as well. If you look under action/adventure, TPS, or platforming you'll find Uncharted. Trade platforming for stealth and you'll find MGS4. That said, Uncharted sucks as a TPS. Why? Because the cunplay is terrible. :P

uncharted bad gunplay? are you crazy? this game has amazing gunplay and amazing cover system. totally blows game like gears out of the water

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nephilim83

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"]lol I like how this whole thread turned into an argument about genre semantics.YekDastan316

uncharted bad gunplay? are you crazy? this game has amazing gunplay and amazing cover system. totally blows game like gears out of the water

I didn't studder. I thought it was pretty awful. I loved Gears of War, and thought the shooting was superb. Also, the grubs in Gears of War actually die after being shot with a reasonable amount of ammo. ;)
YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 YekDastan316

All I can say is I hope they don't "learn" from Warrior Within because that game sucked lol

Zathic

that game sucked compared to the series? or sucked in general? imo that was the best pop game because of the dificulty level, story, single player length, and the prince was so bad ass unlike sands of time and T2T. the game had amazing combos, and lots of gore. and can easily be compared to games like god of war 1 and 2. so tell me....what sucked about the game? be sure to back your words because i will defend the game to the END!...lol

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nephilim83

MGS4 is NOT an action/adventure, not to mention it says tactical espionage action on the box art. AKA, stealth action.

bleehum

Think Again. Also, if you click the "U"at the top of that page you'll see this game is in the same genre. As I said, they can fall into mutliple genres. They are both Action/Adventure games (c'mon, they both got action AND adventure in them, right??). They are also both TPSs. Stealth action is a whole other genre, but stealth can be included in an adventure with a lot of action, can't it? If you don't think so then you were playing MGS4 all wrong. :P

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 YekDastan316

[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"] Yeah, its pretty hilarious considering they're all wrong. A game can fall into a multitude of genres. Any TPS can be an Action/Adventure as well. If you look under action/adventure, TPS, or platforming you'll find Uncharted. Trade platforming for stealth and you'll find MGS4. That said, Uncharted sucks as a TPS. Why? Because the cunplay is terrible. :PNephilim83

I didn't studder. I thought it was pretty awful. I loved Gears of War, and thought the shooting was superb. Also, the grubs in Gears of War actually die after being shot with a reasonable amount of ammo. ;)

how did the gunplay suck?...looks the same to gears to me. and what? i have to empty 2 clips just to kill a enemy in gears. if ur having trouble killing someone in uncharted then thats just you....back your words. how is gears better then uncharted in gunplay....and have you played the beta? or ur just talking about the first uncharted

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="YekDastan316"]uncharted bad gunplay? are you crazy? this game has amazing gunplay and amazing cover system. totally blows game like gears out of the water

how did the gunplay suck?...looks the same to gears to me? and what? i have to empty 2 clips just to kill a enemy in gears. if ur having trouble killing someone in uncharted then thats just you....back your words. how is gears better then uncharted in gunplay....and have you played the beta? or ur just talking about the first uncharted

I only played the first one. Thats what I was talking about the whole time. And how am I supposed to back my words? Its my OPINION! I felt it sucked. i didn't like the feel of it. The aiming and the response of the weapons was clumpy and felt more like a chore than it did enjoyable. Gears had tight aiming and razor sharp weapon response, and if you emptied two clips to kill one grub then you need practice. Just because they are both TPSs with a cover system doesn't mean one can't be crappy. Wanted was a TPS with a cover system and I even found it more enjoyable than Uncharted...... Seriously.
YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 YekDastan316

[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"] I didn't studder. I thought it was pretty awful. I loved Gears of War, and thought the shooting was superb. Also, the grubs in Gears of War actually die after being shot with a reasonable amount of ammo. ;)Nephilim83

how did the gunplay suck?...looks the same to gears to me? and what? i have to empty 2 clips just to kill a enemy in gears. if ur having trouble killing someone in uncharted then thats just you....back your words. how is gears better then uncharted in gunplay....and have you played the beta? or ur just talking about the first uncharted

I only played the first one. Thats what I was talking about the whole time. And how am I supposed to back my words? Its my OPINION! I felt it sucked. i didn't like the feel of it. The aiming and the response of the weapons was clumpy and felt more like a chore than it did enjoyable. Gears had tight aiming and razor sharp weapon response, and if you emptied two clips to kill one grub then you need practice. Just because they are both TPSs with a cover system doesn't mean one can't be crappy. Wanted was a TPS with a cover system and I even found it more enjoyable than Uncharted...... Seriously.

your opinion is your opinion....what did you think of uncharted over all? what would you rate it?

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="YekDastan316"]how did the gunplay suck?...looks the same to gears to me? and what? i have to empty 2 clips just to kill a enemy in gears. if ur having trouble killing someone in uncharted then thats just you....back your words. how is gears better then uncharted in gunplay....and have you played the beta? or ur just talking about the first uncharted

your opinion is your opinion....what did you think of uncharted over all? what would you rate it?

I think it deserves the 8 that it got. The character, story, and graphics are great. The gunplay, platforming, and enemy AI seemed to need a little work. It was still a good game, but shooting mechanics are a vital part of a game. When they're less than exceptional the game will get a less than exceptional score.
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts

Unknown_Hero3

same goes for me... so long as its there and done well with puzzles and doesn't leave me frustrated I'm happy

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 YekDastan316

[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"] I only played the first one. Thats what I was talking about the whole time. And how am I supposed to back my words? Its my OPINION! I felt it sucked. i didn't like the feel of it. The aiming and the response of the weapons was clumpy and felt more like a chore than it did enjoyable. Gears had tight aiming and razor sharp weapon response, and if you emptied two clips to kill one grub then you need practice. Just because they are both TPSs with a cover system doesn't mean one can't be crappy. Wanted was a TPS with a cover system and I even found it more enjoyable than Uncharted...... Seriously.Nephilim83

I think it deserves the 8 that it got. The character, story, and graphics are great. The gunplay, platforming, and enemy AI seemed to need a little work. It was still a good game, but shooting mechanics are a vital part of a game. When they're less than exceptional the game will get a less than exceptional score.

gamespot gave it a 8:? but average score got a 9. so you and gamespot are way off :D...c my experience is if a review site is way off compared to the average score then that review site didnt review the game rite.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="YekDastan316"]your opinion is your opinion....what did you think of uncharted over all? what would you rate it?

gamespot gave it a 8:? but average score got a 9. so you and gamespot are way off :D...c my experience is if a review site is way off compared to the average score then that review site didnt review the game rite.

Well, in my experience reviews are made largely according to the reviewer's opinion of the game, and in most cases no two opinions are exactly the same. The average may be a nine because a lot of other people reviewed it wrong. But how is that possible when opinions can't be wrong. I thought Gamespot's review was spot on. Why? Because my opinion of the game was pretty close to that of the GS reviewer's. ;)