nathn fillion as drake?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oreojones18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 oreojones18
Member since 2009 • 112 Posts

so a while back i heard mark walberg was playing nathan drake, which pissed me off, but now i look on imdb and i see that nathan fillion is rumored to play drake. obviously this would be awsome, but has anyone heard anything about this, or is this anohter dumb imdb mistake?

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Na, IMDB is obviously mistaken. Fillion worked hard to get that part and was shut down without a second thought. The director is playing favorites with his good buddy Marky Mark. He's not going to give the job to anyone else. It sucks, too. They're taking the part from the man it was clearly made for and giving it to someone who lacks pretty much every important quality required to play someone like Nathan Drake. I'm over it. The movie is gonna ruin its good name.
oreojones18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 oreojones18
Member since 2009 • 112 Posts

yea i figured it was a mistake but it was just added in the last week or so so i didnt no if something happened, oh well lol

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Not sure how great this guys acting is, but he looks exatly like Drake

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093589/

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

i wanted david boreanaz

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrSelf-Destruct

i wanted david boreanaz

spawnassasin
How could you possibly? He's a worse actor than Marky Mark. :P
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrSelf-Destruct

This article HERE not only makes a strong case for Nathan Fillion, but it alos confirms that Mark Walhberg is definitely the guy getting the job. Watch the video. He say's David O. Russel's screenplay idea is "off the charts." Uh... is that a pun?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I want Terry Crew as Nathan Drake.
araksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 araksik
Member since 2009 • 537 Posts

I want Terry Crew as Nathan Drake.Fightingfan

Now that I'd watch! :lol:

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Na, IMDB is obviously mistaken. Fillion worked hard to get that part and was shut down without a second thought. The director is playing favorites with his good buddy Marky Mark. He's not going to give the job to anyone else. It sucks, too. They're taking the part from the man it was clearly made for and giving it to someone who lacks pretty much every important quality required to play someone like Nathan Drake. I'm over it. The movie is gonna ruin its good name. MrSelf-Destruct

That makes me putrid.

Who's directing it?

I'd look it up, but the movie's not worth gracing my search bar.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrSelf-Destruct

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]Na, IMDB is obviously mistaken. Fillion worked hard to get that part and was shut down without a second thought. The director is playing favorites with his good buddy Marky Mark. He's not going to give the job to anyone else. It sucks, too. They're taking the part from the man it was clearly made for and giving it to someone who lacks pretty much every important quality required to play someone like Nathan Drake. I'm over it. The movie is gonna ruin its good name. Scianix-Black

That makes me putrid.

Who's directing it?

I'd look it up, but the movie's not worth gracing my search bar.

David O. Russell. He's the criticly acclaimed writer/director who made 'The Fighter' aka 'Mark Walhberg Whines for Two Hours Straight'. Na, its a good movie, but its seriously Mark Walhberg whining for two hours straight. The best parts are when he's fighting.... because he's not talking. :P
CBottom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CBottom7
Member since 2009 • 822 Posts

It's a shame too. Marky Mark is HORRIBLE. Fillon is the man. I watch Castle because he's awesome and the actress is hot

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

It's a shame too. Marky Mark is HORRIBLE. Fillon is the man. I watch Castle because he's awesome and the actress is hot

CBottom7
I wouldn't say he's HORRIBLE. Shooter is a great movie, as is The Italian Job. Marky Mark just isn't the right actor for Drake. First of all, he's too beefed up. Sure, Drake is good shape but he's not busting out of his shirts. Secondly, I don't see MM pulling off Drake's wit. That's the most important part of Drake's character for me. I see this game being like Max Payne... a dissappointment.
Avatar image for MetsuHadoken123
MetsuHadoken123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MetsuHadoken123
Member since 2011 • 40 Posts
So, wait... there's an Uncharted movie in the works? Mark Wahlberg?! Who thought this was a good idea?!?!
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="jshaas"][QUOTE="CBottom7"]

I wouldn't say he's HORRIBLE. Shooter is a great movie, as is The Italian Job. Marky Mark just isn't the right actor for Drake. First of all, he's too beefed up. Sure, Drake is good shape but he's not busting out of his shirts. Secondly, I don't see MM pulling off Drake's wit. That's the most important part of Drake's character for me. I see this game being like Max Payne... a dissappointment.

Exactly. Marky Mark's not a terrible actor. He's just not suited for such a role. Drake's character relies heavily on a level of wit and charm that Wahlberg has never done before. Can he do it? Maybe.... but I seriously doubt it.