NAT Type 2, DMZ, but still restricted

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mabbeesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mabbeesh
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hi all, Just wanted to know if anyone can pick up on what's causing my problem. I'm on Virgin cable internet (UK), and have a Netgear Rangemax connected to my cable modem. I have gave my PS3 a static IP, and assigned the DMZ on my router to that IP address. (I have some ports open for some games but as I understand this isn't needed when the PS3 is in DMZ??) I'm now getting NAT type 2, and a clean connection to the playstation network, but I am still getting restricted access to online games, (COD, FIFA, Assasins Creed). Can take a while to find and connect to a match. Don't usually get lag but getting plenty of connection interruptions. Anything else I can do apart from attempt another router?
Wozmcfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Wozmcfc
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts

Fifa and CoD have major online problems even when it's unrestricted, I think CoD is getting a fix but people have been complaining about Fifa since it came out and there have been no signs of change.

mabbeesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mabbeesh
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
At least I can blame EA and Treyarch for my problems then. Will keep my fingers crossed the fix works. Thanks