MY psp won't turn on (other symptoms)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

apples001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 apples001
Member since 2005 • 546 Posts
If you go back about 3 pages you'll see my other thread with the story about how it happened, but to sum it all up: i got a little TINY bit of docter pepper in my PSP and i tried using spit to remove it. Now my psp will not turn on. Here is a list of abnormalities. 1.THE PSP WILL NOT TURN ON(ZOMFG!!!!) 2.Whenever I give it a power source (battery, adapter, power block) the light will turn on by itself. 3. The light is green overlapping with orange so the system thinks it's charging but also on and not charging at the same time 4.THE PSP WILL NOT TURN ON(ZOMFG!!!!)
sal_stinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sal_stinger
Member since 2004 • 778 Posts
Hmm try this. Push and hold the power button even though your PSP is off. Hold it for like 15 secs then try turning it on. That problem is similar to the one I had and that is how I got it to work. Try it and tell me if it worked for you or not.
TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts
You can also try taking out your battery for a while not having the PSP plugged in for a couple minutes, and then put the battery back in and try again. I has something similar happen a while back, and this fixed it for me.
apples001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 apples001
they both didn't work
sal_stinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sal_stinger
Member since 2004 • 778 Posts
Last thing you can do is....call Sony I guess.
apples001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 apples001
my warrenty for 1 year is over....
TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts
They'll still fix it....just for a hefty charge.  I'd either bring it to a repair shop or sell it on ebay make maybe $40 or so on it, and buy a new one.  Other than that, I'm not sure what you could do.  You could take it apart and fix it...but what's to be fixed?..lol...probably some random component got ruined by the spill...
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
Try using a battery from another PSP, ask a friend or someone you know who owns a psp for one. If that's the issue then you'll just have to buy a new battery
Mahad13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mahad13
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
There's A Very Easy Way To MAke YOu'r psp Turn on ... It Also Happened to me when i downloaded a psp update package with cipl flasher and fast recovey.. The Thing that i have done to my psp was that i changed the package update file with another package that doesn't support the psp update i was also in a big worry. Now i will tell u the thing .. When u turn on you'r psp jut hold the 2 buttons... The Home button +R botton... And u r done ...
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

A mod revived this thread in 2011. lol.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts
[QUOTE="apples001"]If you go back about 3 pages you'll see my other thread with the story about how it happened, but to sum it all up: i got a little TINY bit of docter pepper in my PSP and i tried using spit to remove it. Now my psp will not turn on. Here is a list of abnormalities. 1.THE PSP WILL NOT TURN ON(ZOMFG!!!!) 2.Whenever I give it a power source (battery, adapter, power block) the light will turn on by itself. 3. The light is green overlapping with orange so the system thinks it's charging but also on and not charging at the same time 4.THE PSP WILL NOT TURN ON(ZOMFG!!!!)

So to remove so liquid you spilt IN it you added more.........................?????? Oh well time to move with the times and get a vita.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#13 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
A lot of people have been reviving threads in the PSP section I've noticed.