This topic is locked from further discussion.
- Member Since: March 29, 2011
- Posts: 25
- Member Since: March 13, 2005
- Posts: 1927
- Member Since: November 29, 2006
- Posts: 4451
Umm... that's composite video, not component. The quickest thing to do is to just reset the PS3.
1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.
2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.
Also be sure that the TV is set to the correct video input. Sometimes you have to go into the TV's menu system and enable the video inputs from there. Otherwise the TV input button on your remote won't cycle through them all.
As for S-video, it uses the same signal as A/V cable, so... there is no difference between the two as far as something showing on your TV. S-video is a lot clearer, though. There is a difference between HDMI and A/V, in that if the PS3 is set for HDMI, it's not going to show anything for A/V. I would think that the sound would still play though. But never tested it, myself.
Please Log In to post.