my ps3 not reading ...help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Takazhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Takazhi
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
ok i started playing MGS4 this afternoon and couldnt stop playing and played over 7 hours in a row and somehow in the middle of a loading tha loading didnt stop and i saw the yellow light from the ps3 turned off...so im like ok is not reading....and i thought omg ...7 hours is like over heating or something...so eventually i put the cd out and it was hell hot...so i turned off my ps3....then i turn it right back on because i was curious about it ...and it doesnt read the game ...i changed the cd to another one and the same :( im worried...
dustincrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 dustincrider
Member since 2005 • 1553 Posts
let it cool down... then try again.. is your ps3 well ventelated?
Takazhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Takazhi

you mean ventilades like ...??

it is in a open place and nothing around it ...is on top of a subwoffer on the floor..

dustincrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dustincrider
ah.. well mines in a medium ventilated place and basically on top of my sub with a wooden shelf in between and my ps3 was fine with my 4 hour play of mgs4... maybe its just overheated though so thats why i say let it cool down and try again before you get too worried
Takazhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Takazhi
like an hour or two to cool down ?...and thanks xD
enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts
i left my ps3 on for like 11 hours today and its like 34 degrees celcius in my house. and i left it running MGS without pausing. and its still fine. its even a launch 60 gig, the ones that supposedly have the problems
dustincrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dustincrider
yea just wait till its room temperature again and your welcome lol
wv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wv06
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

you know a subwoffer would vibrate your ps3 right? that isnt good for it especially when reading discs, you want it in a steady open air place...

sure the ps3 doesn't have the issues other consoles have in terms of moving it while playing but i wouldnt trust it being on top of a subwoffer with continuous vibrations...

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts

you know a subwoffer would vibrate your ps3 right? that isnt good for it especially when reading discs, you want it in a steady open air place...

sure the ps3 doesn't have the issues other consoles have in terms of moving it while playing but i wouldnt trust it being on top of a subwoffer with continuous vibrations...

wv06
and any static from it could mess up his ps3...
Takazhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Takazhi
oh no is on top of a subwoffer but the sub is not on while i play xD...
dustincrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dustincrider
[QUOTE="wv06"]

CosmoKing7717

and any static from it could mess up his ps3...

i was wondering if that was the reason my ps3 got messed up... i had to format it because it just stopped loading games and movies... i actually sent it to sony for that reason but they sent it back and it was te same as it was

djmerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 djmerk
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i got the same problem too

when i got the game yesterday, i was playing for like 5 hours straight, then during one of the cutscenes, the top left had a cd flashing with a ? mark on top.

So i restarted the system and it gave me 80010514 error code. I let it cool down for like an hour, and then it started again but it froze again after like 30 mins of play.

Same thing happend today, it would freeze after 30 to 45 mins of the game running, and when i restarted, it gave me 8001007 error code. After i let it cool for a bit, it played again but would freeze 10 mins into.

Is it a overheating problem? My ps3 has about 3 inches of space on each side.

gurney13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gurney13
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts

oh no is on top of a subwoffer but the sub is not on while i play xD...Takazhi

This wouldn't matter, the problem is an electromagnetic fault, caused by the subwoofer. If you knew anything about electrical systems, you'd know not to stick anything with a harddrive near a massive magnet.

Takazhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Takazhi
it cant be the sub...cuz my ps3 has like 10 months in the same position without moving....and its still not working :(
gurney13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gurney13
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts

it cant be the sub...cuz my ps3 has like 10 months in the same position without moving....and its still not working :( Takazhi

10 months for a piece of delicate hardware being sat on top of a magnet was too much. I'm surprised it didn't already die.

voidmind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 voidmind
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts

I'm having the same issue!

During MGS 4 instqallation, I got an icon in the top left corner of the screen. A blinking question mark on top of a CD. It was 15% through the install. I left it like that for a good 20 minutes and when the install percentage didn't go up I figured that something was not working right. I pulled out the CD, which cqancelled the installation. I then deleted the MSG 4 data on the PS3 and then when I went to launch the game again there was no game CD icon in the XMB "game controler" menu where you usually launch games from. Now it wont even recognize any CD. All my PS3 games and DVD don't work.Rebooting doesn't help and I'm not cooling it down to see if that helps but

Now, I do know that we're not supposed to touch the console while something is being installed because this will screw up the install, however it's strange that it would make all CDs unreadable. I fear that I might have to reformat the whole thing and lose all my purchased Rock Band and Warhawk download... and even that is not sure to work because it doesn't make sense that one bad install would make all CDs unreadable.

Can anyone tell me how to proceed if I want to send the PS3 back to Sony for repair if evewrything I try doesn't work?