My PS3 is making noise!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yoav123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yoav123321
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

When i play a game in the PS3, somthing is making a noise inside my PS3, i think it comes from the fan... anyway, the noise sounds like that the fan is working and then somthing is stopping it at this moment , when it is stopping the fan it makes a sound and then the fan continues whatever he does and one second later he does the same thing, the noise is the same ,he does this i think about 5 times in 10 minutes

so if someone knows how to stop it ....

thanks,

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
try and word this more clear and people will have an answer for you...
soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

my ps3 has made some funky noises over the last weeks

dont worry

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

This could be because of heat that the fan is kicking on to remove the heat. If there isn't enough space around the system then it can't get rid of the heat. Also if the temperture in your area is higher than normal then the fan is going to kick on as well. This just somethings to look into before thinking your having a problem.

Note DO NOT use one of those external coolers because they can cause more problems than they prevent. They tend to block the cooling vents and causing the temperture inside the system to get higher than they do without the cooler. You can make sure there is no dust in the system by looking in the vent areas and if it has dust in the system then canned air with a good vacuum cleaner is all you need to remove this dust. Another thing is you can stand the console vertically because it helps get rid of a little more heat. I found that having my systen standing vertical even when the room temperture is on the high side the fan doesn't work as hard and doesn't come on as much.

solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts

This could be because of heat that the fan is kicking on to remove the heat. If there isn't enough space around the system then it can't get rid of the heat. Also if the temperture in your area is higher than normal then the fan is going to kick on as well. This just somethings to look into before thinking your having a problem.

Note DO NOT use one of those external coolers because they can cause more problems than they prevent. They tend to block the cooling vents and causing the temperture inside the system to get higher than they do without the cooler. You can make sure there is no dust in the system by looking in the vent areas and if it has dust in the system then canned air with a good vacuum cleaner is all you need to remove this dust. Another thing is you can stand the console vertically because it helps get rid of a little more heat. I found that having my systen standing vertical even when the room temperture is on the high side the fan doesn't work as hard and doesn't come on as much.

jimm895

I think TC is refering to the spinning up and down of the disc when it's trying to access the data, fan only gets louder or quieter, it shoulnd't generated somthing similar to being forced to stop.

To TC. If the sound you are refering to sounds like a mechanical printer trying to aligh its position, or a tape recorder soddenly stopped rewinding, that's fairly normal during gameplay as the game try to access the data on the disc. It isn't really a cause for major concern.

yoav123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yoav123321
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

OK.. but why does it sounds loud i mean somtimes is sounds loud and sometimes low

it`s kind of funny because my PS2 never did that noise when i played a game and it`s more older

and more sugesstions?

thanks,

Avatar image for solidsnake10123
solidsnake10123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 solidsnake10123
Member since 2008 • 396 Posts
my ps3 is making noises to
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Not mine. ...do you have it out of the cabinet so it can breath?
budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#9 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
Describe the noise you are hearing. Any grinding noice, or clicking. Is the spool up gradual or immediate. We need a little more info.
nemomouse13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nemomouse13
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
My PS3 makes noises when I put the game when it works fine for a while but then it freezes everytime with my NBA game and when I try the other games it doesnt even start. I gave it to this guy to get it repaired and when he looked at it he said there was no problem. HELP!!
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

My PS3 makes a lot of noise, but maybe your problem is dust build up

dead_p1xel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dead_p1xel
Member since 2009 • 245 Posts

dust build up + over heat = smores

LOVERPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LOVERPS3
Member since 2009 • 927 Posts

i think the dust is a problem :(

nemomouse13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nemomouse13
how do i get rid of the dust??
NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

Sounds like it's the Blu-Ray drive making the noise. Did you try playing a demo or a downloadable? Do you encounter the same noise?

Avatar image for snackmaster9892
snackmaster9892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 snackmaster9892
My Ps3 starts to make a clicking noise after playing it for like 15 minutes. I think its the fan trying to work. My sound also turns completely off. When I play cod4(or any other game), the sounds turn off, the Ps3 starts clicking, and after the game the screen turns black and the only way you can turn it off is by the power button on the back?????? Any IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
loyaltyzamust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 loyaltyzamust
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
my ps3 is making noises..its sounds like its loading..but it makes this noise all the time.. it works fine.. but im worried .. is there somthing wrong with it.. or is this normal?
Ikechi2608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ikechi2608
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
yeah Ps3's do that is so that when your playing game for a long length of time the ps3 doesnt overheat and cause damage to ITSELF :) its just the extractor fan dont worry it goes off after a while then MIGHT come back on, but if its on for a LONG time then this might be cus ur playing a certain game thats you know quite high quality, for example when i play COD Mw2 online it makes quite a lot of noise :)
ssmcpoprulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ssmcpoprulez
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Open and clean the all DUST!look on (you tube) hou to open!