My number one problem wtih God of War 3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts

No level select. Wtf? All three games have done this and it just seems lazy. I just want to replay some of those epic levels and battles, but noo. The only way to get a level select in this game is to save at every save point and never overwrite, which yeah it will work but why should I have to clutter my hard drive for all these saves? Uncharted 2 did level select perfectly all the levels there telling you info on items and stuff on the level. GOW3 itself is pretty good, but this is annoying the crap out of me. *sigh* rant done, what do you guys think?

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

doesn't bother me one bit. to be honest i just traded it in :D

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 paradigm68

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
I've gotten close to doing that, just cause of this issue and there seem to be better games out there for me. Yet I can't tear to do it, as it is a great game, and pretty cool to have all there games in my collection.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Very weird to not have a level select. For something to be so good, why is there always room for something stupid?!
hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hotfiree
Member since 2006 • 2185 Posts
What annoys me more is that i cant watch the cutscenes minus the 6 they give you....
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

Just replay through the whole thing. It's a great game! Save at all the points of interest along the way. And a game save is extremely small, so a 100 wouldn't even take 1 gb.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 paradigm68
What annoys me more is that i cant watch the cutscenes minus the 6 they give you....hotfiree
Why does that annoy you more, if you could replay all the levels then you would be able to see all the cutscenes.
dante5395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dante5395
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

on that vote i was halfway i dont mind and i mind, but they should have that feture, although on the other hand sometimes i just like to play games all the way through over and over again.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I don't mind it. My biggest problem with the game was:

[spoiler] You only fight one titan and that the 'amazing' scale the game got hyped for wasn't used that often. There should have been a part in the game where you fight two titans at the same time, bouncing from one to the other multiple times. [/spoiler]

cyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cyee
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts

I also wish there were more titan fights. the cronos fight was probably the most epic thing ive experienced in a game. the absence of level select is annoying, but im not gonna trade it in because of that. i'll just replay it to get the full experience again. its a game worth saving. i figure in a few years i'll find it again and replay its awesomeness

hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hotfiree
Member since 2006 • 2185 Posts
[QUOTE="hotfiree"]What annoys me more is that i cant watch the cutscenes minus the 6 they give you....paradigm68
Why does that annoy you more, if you could replay all the levels then you would be able to see all the cutscenes.

Because this feature was in the other two and sometimes i just want to watch a cutscene rather than going thru an entire level to see one at the end... if thats okay with you sir?
sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

bad camera controls - man - some times I just wanna look around - know what I mean?

caderad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 caderad
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

It would be nice to have level select but it doesnt bother me to much, the one thing i was dissapointed in though was

(This is a bit of a SPOILER on the weapons)

3 out of the 4 weapons are very very similar, i usually only used the blades of exile and the ceamen nestus(is that it, it sounds rude)

There is a picture on the back of the box(the one with hades in it) were it looks like kratos is holding a long fiery sword, it turns out thatis the bow of apollo.

Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

I didn't even notice... I sold the game after two days

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 paradigm68

It would be nice to have level select but it doesnt bother me to much, the one thing i was dissapointed in though was

(This is a bit of a SPOILER on the weapons)

3 out of the 4 weapons are very very similar, i usually only used the blades of exile and the ceamen nestus(is that it, it sounds rude)

There is a picture on the back of the box(the one with hades in it) were it looks like kratos is holding a long fiery sword, it turns out thatis the bow of apollo.

caderad
Yeah, though I don't know about you guys but I prefer three really good weapons that might be similar but at least are all useful and fun to use. The secondary weapons in the first two games always failed in comparison to the original blades you start the game with.
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

it doesnt bother me at all because i sold it the first day i bought it.....just wasnt the type of game i play

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

it doesnt bother me at all because i sold it the first day i bought it.....just wasnt the type of game i play

MURDA_B

Did you play the first 2 games?

edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Me also. One play and done.
Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#20 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
I eBay'ed it as well, but now that I think about it, the ability to select only the highlights from the game would have helped with replay value.