This topic is locked from further discussion.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Which did you like better? For me so far i'd rather play MW2. The only thing that killed the game for me was the unbalanced perks, killstreaks, and some shotguns. BO to me seemed to have fixed the perks/killstreak problem but the overall gameplay just stinks. Sniping is worse than before due to a few people complaining that they died when they got sniped up close. I've never quick scope nor have i encountered many but they ruined sniping in Black ops for me. The weapons aren't very fun to use either in BO. Map design is terrible, horrible hit registration ( something MW2 had ) and some bad lag online. Now im not a fanboy, ive been playing CoD since the first one and the 2nd one online for xbox. I hated MW2 when it came out but it wasnt nearly as bad as BO imo.

Your thoughts?

P.S. Graphics are god awful. CoD4 on PC looks like crysis compared to this on consoles

xBluezx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xBluezx
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

I'm satisfied with it. Haven't really got into things yet, but I do like some of the features. IMO, the sniping feels a lot... better. Not exactly the aiming and whatnot, but putting the bullet into someone... something about the recoil and whatnot just makes it feel better than MW + MW2.

Graphics looks the same as the other two games to me.

I also enjoy how it's now cash for the perks and attachments, that way I'm not stuck on using a lame attachments to build up to the one I actually want to use.

IMO both are good.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'll tell you after i've played BO.

nelson415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 nelson415
Member since 2007 • 1807 Posts

I'm liking black ops a lot more

KaY_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KaY_86
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
Both are great..BO is really good but the graphics would've done better..
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

BO is better overral but MW2 is more fun.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Haven't played Zombies yet, but {if it similar to WaW zombies} I figure that and Spec-Ops are both top quality additions... I loved the MW2 campaign, it was short but action packed and unpredictable... Just finished the Black Ops campaign a minute ago, LOVED IT. Better than MW2's campaign, a great story. I like the multplayer in Black Ops better so far, as it hasn't be ruined by exploiters... There is no quick scoping in Black Ops, it has been nerfed.. Also, I've only played for 2 hours total or so so far, but much less camping than in MW2.
planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts

i cannot find a gun i like at all, level 30 at i hate all of them really, using ak 74u, and im finding it hard to like the maps, i do enjoy grid and summit, but i wish there was something like favela or the airport, lacking variety, but overall i think toning down the killstreaks has done really well they almost play like 2 different games to me

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I've only done the multiplayer so far in Black Ops, but I like it way more than I did MW2. That was just a mess of a game. BO seems to have fixed many of the problems MW2 had. No stupid nuke, rebalanced guns/perks, theater mode to catch cheaters, etc. I'm having a lot of fun with Black Ops. It might just be because I didn't put much time into MW2, but I don't find anything wrong with the controls at all.

Oh and diving out of windows is really fun :P

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

BO is bad at least on ps3. so many bugs and poor graphics...IMO, MW2 is a much better game on PS3.

appearently Treyarch doesnt bother to make PS3's Black Ops as same as 360's and previous COD games on PS3.

Anyway graphics is so poor, it has one of the lowest native resolution on ps3, even GTA4 and RDR has higher resolution than it.

You can feel that especially in mp, everything is so blur....that makes it very hard to aim distance target.

BO has great potential, but Treyarch really made bad port to PS3. Anyway, if you have 360, then get it on 360, otherwise skip this inferior PS3 version.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

I think MW2 is better graphics-wise, but it was too late for me to get into its MP by the time i got my connection at home... so now with BO, i have the chance to do so, i'm quite interested... i suck at playing it though... but BC2 is still better than the two, IMO...

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

BO is bad at least on ps3. so many bugs and poor graphics...IMO, MW2 is a much better game on PS3.

appearently Treyarch doesnt bother to make PS3's Black Ops as same as 360's and previous COD games on PS3.

Anyway graphics is so poor, it has one of the lowest native resolution on ps3, even GTA4 and RDR has higher resolution than it.

You can feel that especially in mp, everything is so blur....that makes it very hard to aim distance target.

BO has great potential, but Treyarch really made bad port to PS3. Anyway, if you have 360, then get it on 360, otherwise skip this inferior PS3 version.

oajlu
Thanks I'll go for the PC version. Though I wanted to play this on my 60"
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

MW2 as far as MP goes was trash

Black Ops is far more balanced and enjoyable