This topic is locked from further discussion.

lon3lysnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 lon3lysnake
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
I'm a 360 owner, I love my 360 until I realise there are region code restriction. There are so many games I wanted to play, but they're not sold/available in my country. Is is true that PS3 has absolutely no region code restriction at all? even when the game's language is compeletely different from the console?
metocman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 metocman1
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
Ive heard it dosent, but I dont know for sure you should do some research. Also what country are you in?
ryan_mirow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ryan_mirow
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts

Correct - any game works on any console.

Whichever language you have your PS3 set to is the setting that the game will automatically take on for menus and such.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the voice acting is written on every language on every game

ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

Correct - any game works on any console.

Whichever language you have your PS3 set to is the setting that the game will automatically take on for menus and such.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the voice acting is written on every language on every game

ryan_mirow

omg... of course the voice acting is NOT written in every language... are you crazy or what?

you buy a japanese game and play it on your euro/american ps3, the voice won't magically change to english or whatever.

but you are able to play the game, no region protection.

so to answer the TC...

yes... PS3 games are all region free... you can import from wherever you want and they will all play

hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts
ps3 games are guaranteed region free! even when u buy games from japan with japanese language!ur system can still play the games.
mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts
But game updates can be region restricted like cod4 map pack. I'm from europe and have US version of the game so i did have to download it from US ps store.
hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts

But game updates can be region restricted like cod4 map pack. I'm from europe and have US version of the game so i did have to download it from US ps store. mamkem6

yeah expansion pack is depending where youre from, that is why MGS4 making their own server instead of using PSN.so ppl around the global can just buy the expansion pack through Konami directly with credit card.

lon3lysnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lon3lysnake
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
thanks for the reply guys... but just 1 more thing, why people prefer x360 for gaming? isn't the ps3 has more exclusives?
metocman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metocman1
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts

thanks for the reply guys... but just 1 more thing, why people prefer x360 for gaming? isn't the ps3 has more exclusives?lon3lysnake

Right now the 360 has a better library with more exclusives, but I think in the next 6 months to a year the PS3 will be on top with alot of really good exclusives. Also xbox live blows PSN out of the water in just about every aspect even though you do have to pay for it.

fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts

thanks for the reply guys... but just 1 more thing, why people prefer x360 for gaming? isn't the ps3 has more exclusives?lon3lysnake

PS3 has better hardware, bluray, free online and the best looking games, 360 as a lot of good games.