Move support with PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Videodogg (12611 posts) -

I may be the only one, but i hope Move is supported in a BIG way with PS4. It will be there from the beginning and games can be built with Move interactions fully impletmented rather than half assed tacked on, as was the case with this generation.. There will be a improved Eye camera. Now, finally, people will get to see how accurate and responsive motion gaming can really become. What do you think guys?

#2 Posted by SoNin360 (6764 posts) -
I don't care for motion control gaming, and I don't think Move ever caught on, at least in comparison to the Wii or Kinect, so I'm surprised they're even bothering with it. Yeah, I imagine it will be improved, but I'll stick to just using a regular controller.
#3 Posted by Jak-25 (2475 posts) -

I don't really care about motion controls. I prefer a normal controller but I don't mind having the move controller being optional. lol

#4 Posted by BH14 (1927 posts) -

I definitely hope that the move is supported by the ps4 as there are plenty of great move games. I always find it funny how some people who never even tried the move would diss the move. Maybe they are too out of shape and would be completely winded if they tried it. Nobody is forcing anyone to play move games and it isn't exactly like a big percentage of the games are move supported so what is the problem with the move haters?

#5 Posted by AJC3317 (2546 posts) -

I definitely hope that the move is supported by the ps4 as there are plenty of great move games. I always find it funny how some people who never even tried the move would diss the move. Maybe they are too out of shape and would be completely winded if they tried it. Nobody is forcing anyone to play move games and it isn't exactly like a big percentage of the games are move supported so what is the problem with the move haters?

BH14
i think you just answered your own question
#6 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -
I guarantee it will be supported. The move units sold over 15 million from what I have heard and is one of Playstations markets. It doesn't appeal to everyone, but it does provide more options and makes the console more versatile. I for one only use the Move when I am throwing a party. Sports Champions and Just Dance 3 are a blast with Move and some drinks. I think it makes Sony's console more diverse and can't see them dropping it.
#7 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -

I may be the only one, but i hope Move is supported in a BIG way with PS4. It will be there from the beginning and games can be built with Move interactions fully impletmented rather than half assed tacked on, as was the case with this generation.

Videodogg
If they truly care about the Move then they need to bundle it with every system. The reason why it was tacked on so half-assed this gen was because it was a shameless rip-off of the Wii and trying to steal that market. Traditionally peripherals don't perform well if they're not bundled with the console, and more importantly, taken advantage of by the games inherently. You can't just throw some sh*t shovelware together and think that's what people want to play. I hate motion controls and damn the Wii for making it trendy. It may work for Nintendo, that's fine. But MS and Sony are not Nintendo and they need to stop copying them in a desperate attempt to make sales. They need to focus on what they do best instead of trying to steal the crumbs off the ground from Nintendo's plate. It's disgusting.
#8 Posted by KBFloYd (19570 posts) -

as a nintendo fan i also hope they support it...means more games will be ported to nintendo for the wiimote and vice versa.

#9 Posted by TheTenth10 (3085 posts) -

I've had great times with High velocity bowling, Sports Champions 1 and 2, Planet minigolf, Epic Mickey 2. The advantage of having a nav controller totally kills Kinect as the character will have very limited movement. The obvious game that would make it famous would be a Star Wars game, but I guess Microsoft has put an exclusivity clause to it by giving a payoff as usual.

A fantasy game where you use the Move as a sword or crossbow or do gestures to cast spells would be interesting.

Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
#10 Posted by CaptainGamespot (616 posts) -

I may be the only one, but i hope Move is supported in a BIG way with PS4. It will be there from the beginning and games can be built with Move interactions fully impletmented rather than half assed tacked on, as was the case with this generation.. There will be a improved Eye camera. Now, finally, people will get to see how accurate and responsive motion gaming can really become. What do you think guys?

Videodogg
I'm sure they will release a new PS Move of some sort. We also saw the Eyetoy from PS2 work on PS3 early on.
#11 Posted by ScreamDream (3953 posts) -

I don't care for motion control gaming, and I don't think Move ever caught on, at least in comparison to the Wii or Kinect, so I'm surprised they're even bothering with it. Yeah, I imagine it will be improved, but I'll stick to just using a regular controller.SoNin360
Ditto but you know it's coming. They got a new camera coming with it.

#12 Posted by BH14 (1927 posts) -

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

I may be the only one, but i hope Move is supported in a BIG way with PS4. It will be there from the beginning and games can be built with Move interactions fully impletmented rather than half assed tacked on, as was the case with this generation.

Kravyn81

If they truly care about the Move then they need to bundle it with every system. The reason why it was tacked on so half-assed this gen was because it was a shameless rip-off of the Wii and trying to steal that market. Traditionally peripherals don't perform well if they're not bundled with the console, and more importantly, taken advantage of by the games inherently. You can't just throw some sh*t shovelware together and think that's what people want to play. I hate motion controls and damn the Wii for making it trendy. It may work for Nintendo, that's fine. But MS and Sony are not Nintendo and they need to stop copying them in a desperate attempt to make sales. They need to focus on what they do best instead of trying to steal the crumbs off the ground from Nintendo's plate. It's disgusting.

You are confused. While there are plenty of "shovelware" games but there are plenty of good games for the move but you wouldn't know because you don't have the move and MOST LIKELY NEVER EVEN TRIED IT. Right? The move isn't for everybody as some gamers prefer ONLY the dualshock and/or are out of shape and winded by getting off the couch so moving their arm is too much to ask. We know the studies of obesity in america. Some people are physically uncordinated so moving is difficult for them. Did you know that the playstation eye was released in 2003 for PS2 so it wouldn't make sense to call it a "ripoff of the wii"? When did the wii come out? 2006.

#13 Posted by shellcase86 (3734 posts) -

I hope they continue to implement and refine it, for sure. I've had a Wii, done the Kinect, but I found the Move to be the most consistent and accurate. Regardless, it's great for social gaming, but I've never had a great time with it with core titles. I'd be cool with a Move 2.0 as long as it's not forced onto every single title. Great add-on.

#14 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kravyn81"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

BH14

You are confused. While there are plenty of "shovelware" games but there are plenty of good games for the move but you wouldn't know because you don't have the move and MOST LIKELY NEVER EVEN TRIED IT. Right? The move isn't for everybody as some gamers prefer ONLY the dualshock and/or are out of shape and winded by getting off the couch so moving their arm is too much to ask. We know the studies of obesity in america. Some people are physically uncordinated so moving is difficult for them. Did you know that the playstation eye was released in 2003 for PS2 so it wouldn't make sense to call it a "ripoff of the wii"? When did the wii come out? 2006.

:lol: What the hell are you going on about??? The Move IS a direct rip-off of the Nintendo's motion controller. I'm sorry you can't see it for it is. What does the Playstation Eye have to do with anything??? You know before Kinect the 360 had a camera device as well? So what??? However, the ONLY console that was built specifically around using a motion wand as a controller was the Wii. The Move came out AFTER the Wii and utilized the SAME fundamentals as the Wii's controller for certain games. It was a DIRECT response from Sony to TRY and compete WITH the Wii trying to beat them at their (Nintendo's) own idea and it didn't work. Period.
#15 Posted by BH14 (1927 posts) -

lol: What the hell are you going on about??? The Move IS a direct rip-off of the Nintendo's motion controller. I'm sorry you can't see it for it is. What does the Playstation Eye have to do with anything??? You know before Kinect the 360 had a camera device as well? So what??? However, the ONLY console that was built specifically around using a motion wand as a controller was the Wii. The Move came out AFTER the Wii and utilized the SAME fundamentals as the Wii's controller for certain games. It was a DIRECT response from Sony to TRY and compete WITH the Wii trying to beat them at their (Nintendo's) own idea and it didn't work. Period.Kravyn81

You are clueless. So according to your logic that any system that uses a motion controller is a copy of the wii? HOW IN THE WORLD COULD YOU PLAY A MOTION GAME WITHOUT A CONTROLLER? Point my finger and start shooting?! Kinect isn't good. PS3 move is far better than the wii but you didn't know because you never tried it. Anybody who ever tried the wii and move will tell you that the move is way more accurate. Who wants to play "wrist tennis" on wii? You want to use a dual shock for motion gaming?! Hello? Use your head.

And did you know the ps2 used a wand with a eye? Motion gaming was done way before the wii ever came out. Stop thinking that the wii started motion gaming.

Anybody who actually tried the move and wii would know that the technology is completely different. The wii uses controller with accelerometer and the move uses controller with eye... Different technology so there goes that theory that move copied the wii. Some people think they use same technology.

#16 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Jesus Christ....Get a life, buddy. The Move is a rip-off of the Wii. End of story. Whatever fantasy land you want to live in that involves ass-banging Sony because you're a diehard fanboy and can't recognize their faults is your problem. For the rest of us living in reality The Move is a rip-off. Enjoy your ass-banging.
#17 Posted by BH14 (1927 posts) -

Jesus Christ....Get a life, buddy. The Move is a rip-off of the Wii. End of story. Whatever fantasy land you want to live in that involves ass-banging Sony because you're a diehard fanboy and can't recognize their faults is your problem. For the rest of us living in reality The Move is a rip-off. Enjoy your ass-banging.Kravyn81

"The Move is a rip-off of the Wii. End of story."

That was so informative and convincing (rolling eyes sarcastically). I really like the end of story part. You are speachless after I threw the difference in the technology at you that you were clueless about. I win. You lose. What are the odds that you are too fat and too uncordinated so motion gaming is impossible for you? 100%.... +400 pounds sitting in nothing but your boxers with cheeto stains on them..... No wonder why you can't play any motion games. Go cry in your pillow.