motorstorm seriously deserved the rating it got on gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

comissario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 comissario
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

some people say that motorstorm was rated too low on gamespot but the rating was ok. motorstorm has great graphics and also unbeatable animations (especially crash animations) but the gameplay was forgotten a bit, it isn't bad or good, it's average.

jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts

It's still your opinion...

You even know how many people play ms online...even right now ?

With bug fix patch it's great online...

Yeah maybe 8 tracks and lack of options but really great racing fun game...

mbleming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mbleming
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I guess maybe this game is not for everyone, but I still don't really understand what people were looking for in this game...to me, it's the most enjoyable racer I've played in years, there's nothing else quite like it. Granted, it does lack some options and modes that would have fleshed it out a bit, but I still don't understand all the negativity...what were you looking for? To me, the main point is that it is FUN, and that's really all that matters to me. Every time I play, Motorstorm never fails to put a smile on my face. To each his own, I guess!
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

Along with resistance fall of man, I think that motorstorm makes a great launch title (motorstorm was a european PS3 launch title). Its not particularly the best we can expect from the next gen, but its a very nice introduction to the console's potential.

Think of it as the Wii sports for the PS3.

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts
Well all i can say is. No matter what rating it has, 800.000 people that own it can't all of them be wrong.
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

Well all i can say is. No matter what rating it has, 800.000 people that own it can't all of them be wrong.Vojkan80001

Thats it? im pretty sure its a greater number than 800,000. What I know is that here in europe 2/3 of people who bought a ps3 at launch bought it with Motorstorm, and now the PS3 has passed the 1million sales mark here in Europe alone.

scamau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 scamau
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
it would be better if on the store were new tracks and cars
mbleming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mbleming

I think part of people's disappointment with the game also comes from when it was released...PS3 owners were CLAMORING for another killer app, and people built up the game too much, it couldn't possibly live up to people's hopes and expectatons...I mean, I think it's tough to make a racer a "killer app" in some ways, and I wouldn't necessarily consider it to be one, but it's a great game nonetheless...

ingl3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ingl3

i like when u go online and under friends list if u havnt got any1 added it says "you have no friends"

genius :D

WANT A FREE PS3 go to.....

http://NextGen.Giveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=210364

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I think it's the funnest racing game on any system currently.
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
Motorstorm is probably the most intense racing game I have ever played. Definatelly deserved AA
scamau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 scamau
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts

I think it's the funnest racing game on any system currently. EmperorSupreme

you're right!!

ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts

some people say that motorstorm was rated too low on gamespot but the rating was ok. motorstorm has great graphics and also unbeatable animations (especially crash animations) but the gameplay was forgotten a bit, it isn't bad or good, it's average.

comissario

The GS review said the gameplay was top notch. It received the score cause of its lasting appeal(8 tracks, no split-screen, and weak single player mode).

DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts
The gameplay is simply awesome, not average and it clearly deserves a higher score. However, it doesn't really matter and people are entitled to their opinions.
Zero_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 Zero_Space
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
Motorstorm is an awesome racing game. However, it could have been a bit better. But as it stands its a solid title
bazookajoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bazookajoe19
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts
motorstorm is the best racing game i have ever played. i would give it a 9/10. the graphics are awesome, the gameplay is amazing, and online multiplayer is so much fun. i cant wait for the new tracks.
Jibil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jibil
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts

Im beginning to think that GameSpot is prevy to glitzy menus and features; motorstorm doesn't have those. However the background graphics are far an away the best Ive ever seen in a racer, quite a departure from the drab backgrounds and asphalt tracks that are the basis for 90% of racers. The gameplay is deep, there a tons of bumps and ruts to tailor your line to, especially when you are forced off the beaten path. There are very different vehicles that make you tweak your riding style,more poignantlyduring the violent first lap; I really enjoy sticking a bike to the side of semiand riding that raging big dog through a turn. I just love the big versus small dynamic. I like the single player because of the rubber band effect applied to the cpu racers, you can just stay in the shyte and bang with 10 cpu opponents all race long.

IF you like very different rigs and play styles, big air, compact tracks and a gnarly crash/pile up dimension..motorstorm is where its at

If you like racing based entirely on apexing turns and tire hardness go somewhere else