Motorstorm going to be as good as the hype?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by pbara88 (35 posts) -
I personally don't plan on buying motorostorm or even considering buying it. I downloaded the demo and it was fun at first but quickly got boring. I dont think its going to be as good as everyone says. Any opinions?
#2 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
I never hype a racing game.
#3 Posted by masterchef1000 (6279 posts) -
No
#4 Posted by Xanog1 (12332 posts) -

I love the gameplay, and feel that the final game will be great, although the lack of offline multiplayer is very odd, considering that it is usually online multiplayer that gets dropped if a schedule is to be met.

But, since I enjoy it, that is all that matters to me.

Avatar image for AllSystemsRocks
#5 Posted by AllSystemsRocks (1079 posts) -
I have the *** version and it's as good as the hype
#6 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
I have the *** version and it's as good as the hypeAllSystemsRocks
I have the Japanese version, and I feel it has not met the hype. There is no variety. Just 1 mode....then that's it. I am buying the US version hoping that the online is great.
#7 Posted by ZeLeam (726 posts) -
[QUOTE="AllSystemsRocks"]I have the *** version and it's as good as the hypeBioShockOwnz
I have the Japanese version, and I feel it has not met the hype. There is no variety. Just 1 mode....then that's it. I am buying the US version hoping that the online is great.

Arent they patching the japanese version accord to the european one?? that kinda sucks
#8 Posted by Charlie2688 (1364 posts) -

"Motorstorm going to be as good as the hype"

was Gears of War as good as the hype? no, but that didn't prevent it from selling millions and getting awards so Motorstorm has hope :)

#9 Posted by -DirtySanchez- (32760 posts) -
probly not but im sure it will still be fun
#10 Posted by washimul (841 posts) -

even wrongheaded EUROGAMER.net has given motorstom(*** version ) with severe bugs and san online a 8/10.

the US version is on course for a perfect 10.

Avatar image for GamersNightmare
#11 Posted by GamersNightmare (621 posts) -
Oh ya this game will live upto the hype for any racing fan. This game will be great with F1 right along side it.
#12 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="AllSystemsRocks"]I have the *** version and it's as good as the hypeZeLeam

Arent they patching the japanese version accord to the european one?? that kinda sucks

That would be amazing since it would save me $60. I haven't heard anything on that though.
#13 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -

was Gears of War as good as the hype? no, but that didn't prevent it from selling millions and getting awards so Motorstorm has hope :)

Charlie2688
It exceeded the hype for me.
#14 Posted by ZeLeam (726 posts) -
[QUOTE="ZeLeam"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="AllSystemsRocks"]I have the *** version and it's as good as the hypeBioShockOwnz

That would be amazing since it would save me $60. I haven't heard anything on that though.

Well one of the excuses the developers gave for releasing it without online or anything was that the japanese public was more accustomed to getting features later down the road. I havent read anything official tho, and i read this loooong ago (just when it was released in japan) so i dont know. I'd wait a bit after the USA release just in case :)
#15 Posted by fkholmes (8887 posts) -
No, it doesn't look all that good to me.
#16 Posted by Charlie2688 (1364 posts) -

Well in my case it didnt

-Short as hell , took 2 days to beat it

-Boss battles are garbage, I think I cried after the Corpser battle cuz how pathetic it was (didnt even touch me once)

-Hints content that was not even included (Burmak?)

-Few guns that get kind of old after a while

-Repetitive situations and enemies (something besides drones 24/7 would have been nice)

-Quality in content (environments, art, etc.) goes downhill after the first act

-Story...well..is there any story?

-Multiplayer is glitchy and crippled to the extreme

probably the only thing that manages to pull the game together is the graphics, character animation and the co-op

#17 Posted by LoboSolo (1136 posts) -
It looks to be a very fun and addictive game. I've been loving the demo, so we'll see.
#18 Posted by washimul (841 posts) -
[QUOTE="Charlie2688"]

BioShockOwnz

exceeeded the hype with no physics/ no AI poor gameplay .

It was just a piece of art rather than a game.

RESISTANCE is what a game should be like

#19 Posted by M_Fresh (382 posts) -
Should be fun online...
#20 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="ZeLeam"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="AllSystemsRocks"]I have the *** version and it's as good as the hypeZeLeam

Well one of the excuses the developers gave for releasing it without online or anything was that the japanese public was more accustomed to getting features later down the road. I havent read anything official tho, and i read this loooong ago (just when it was released in japan) so i dont know. I'd wait a bit after the USA release just in case :)

I may just do that. Thanks! I hope it happens, because I am sure they would love to have online play in Japan.
#21 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Charlie2688"]

washimul

exceeeded the hype with no physics/ no AI poor gameplay .

It was just a piece of art rather than a game.

RESISTANCE is what a game should be like

Um, no.