Motorola H500 Bluetooth Headset -- Help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CzarKingKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CzarKingKaiser
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

I just bought the Motorola H500 headset, its supposed to work with the PS3 but I've been having some problems with it. First,I canpair it with the system in the main PS3 screen,that's not a problem. I can then "connect tobluetooth device" and I can hear audio coming in through the head set, and I can also speak through it and it registers (I can see a colored bar move when im speaking depending on how loudI am, sorry I don't know how to better describe that.)

Here's where the problems start. When I pair it with the system it seems to interfere with the wireless controller. The first time I had this problem I was using the controller while it was still plugged into the system to set up the headset, but then as I unpluggedthe controller, itcouldn't connect to the PS3 (just kept blinking). To avoid this problem, I got the controller to work again, and THEN paired the head set. Both the controller and the head set worked fine while I was still on the PS3 main screen. I thought I had just fixed it but when I went and played Warhawk, I hit L3 to talk, and it was clear that no one could hear me, and that I couldn't hear them through my headset like I should.

Anyone know what the problem/solution is?

AlphaRedWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AlphaRedWolf
Member since 2006 • 799 Posts
Return it and get the Motorola H700 if ya can. The H500 and H350 don't seem to like the PS3 much
CzarKingKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CzarKingKaiser
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
damn. I got it for really cheap, $10,cause it was refurbished, and I don't think I can return it.
AlphaRedWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AlphaRedWolf
Member since 2006 • 799 Posts
Yea I have a buddy with the H500 and I picked up the H350 before switching to the H700. We had pretty much the same problems with ours.
TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts
I have the same problems with the h350. I bought it for my phone so I don't care so much that it doesn't work with my PS3, but if you read the manuals for online games, it states that some headsets are not compatible with the game. That's ok though, I just use my old Socom headset to talk to people.
80style

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 80style
Member since 2004 • 92 Posts

if you have guitar hero, remove the dongle, also try changing the controller number. I had the same problem, but removing the GH dongle worked for me

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
I had nothing but problems with that mic, the one that comes with warhawk has been perfect since and is so much more comfortable.
MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
I had the same problem with my Motorola H500. Then, I bought the Warhawk Package that came with the Jabra BT125, it works like a charm. No such issues. Get the Jabra BT125. I saw somewhere for only $25
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
i got that one too from target. its simply not that good of a headset
3zoozM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 3zoozM
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
ive got a motorolla S9, came with my moto ROKR Z6. only prob is that i could get deaf cuz of those f***heads who shout through the mic on COD4. IM RIGHT HERE YOU DUMBA**ES, YOU DONT NEED TO SHOUT.
staticuxo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 staticuxo
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
i got an h500 and have had zero problems, maybe i'm lucky.
Billionare-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Billionare-Boy
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
I had a motorola headset too, interfered like heck with everything, umm since u JUST bought it return it and get either the jabra bh125 or plantonics 220 explorer :) thier both cheap and awesome headsets, I personally got the plantronics one because the colors match the ps3 :P
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

Make sure the little mic symbol is beside your name at the top of the screen in Warhawk. If you don't see it there, turn on and off the mic.

Motorola H700 is a great mic, and cool looking too.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
DO NOT BUY A MOTOROLA HEADSET OF ANY TYPE GUYS. Sorry for the caps but on a serious note Motorola's are garbage get a Plantronics Voyager 510 best headset mony can buy. Sound is crystal clear when talking. you no when it's done charging or when its on or off.
GratefulRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GratefulRed
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts

does the H500 work for COD4?! I got it to register to the main ps3 unit easily...but I don't know how to activate it for online COD4 play. Anyone know the specific steps to take?

It works for my razr, which is why i bought it...but I don't want to have to go buy another bt earpiece for online.

Avatar image for M76SharpShooter
M76SharpShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 M76SharpShooter
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
that sucks i bought the blue-tooth madcatz headset connected it paired it with the ps3 only problem is i cant switch it to optical in and out wont let me :? so w/e i returned now im thinking get a Motorola cause i got COD
Billionare-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Billionare-Boy
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
mad catz products are usually not so well thought out... lol
Spokez21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Spokez21
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I have the motorola h500 i can connect in gta4 and talk 4 a bit then it just cuts out after a couple rounds of play what a piece of S%^t anyways it could be a problem with gta4 multiplayer its bugged out especially cause i cant connect with any friends on my list and join a game GAY

wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
i have the same headset and only had the problem once thhis is how i fixed it u know thelittle reset button on the back of ur controller push that and ur problems are solved
mohamad213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mohamad213
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

My motorola H500 Works perfectly after update 2.40 i guess sony Fixed some bluetooth compatabilaty issues.