Most Underated Game Yet (POLL)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
Which game do you think is the most underated game that has been relased recently. Personally, i think the most underated has to be R&C followed by HS.
GreasyFetus69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GreasyFetus69
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
I think they all suck except Ratchet and Clank.
T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

lol, no votes for lair so far.

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#4 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts
folklore is good but it deserves the review it got
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I have to say Heavenly Sword and Lair.

I think the game is a masterpiece and while I can understand that if you total up the hours it takes to complete that it's not very long, the game is more then good enough to warrant several playthroughs. I've already beaten it three times and I still load up chapters just to play for fun. Stunning production values, voice acting, combat and graphics make this a must buy and a must keep for me.

Lair is also grossly underrated in my opinion. While I won't say it's game of the year material, I don't think it's "poor" either. I never experienced the issues most people had with the controls and I found it to be a solid game. Being honest, I could see why people hated it because you shouldn't be forced to use the motion control. I bet the game would have done much better had you been given the choice. Either way, I like it but an option would have been nice.

The Ratchet review still baffles me, but I'll refrain from commenting on that because I haven't beat the game yet. Still, it's an awesome game and a nice departure from the dark, gritty, war torn games of today.

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
HS
LUC_22xbx360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 LUC_22xbx360
Member since 2006 • 551 Posts
Skate and Stuntman: Ignition!!
juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
The only one ive played a good amount of time with was HS, which was mediocre. Ive heard bad things about Lair and Folklore, but R&C ive heard is very underrated. Probably the most underrated game on the PS3 ive played is Skate. Should have gotten a 9.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

HS. Since the amount of time being six hours.

I own it and it's one of those games that will never leave my collection. We all have those games.

Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts

Heavenly Sword is amazing... I'm glad I picked this game up. The facial animations are so beautiful and stunningly realistic, and gameplay awesome, and just high production values all around.

It may be short, but it is so much fun to play... I'll never get tired of blowing up that giant army with my cannon. :oops:

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Heavenly Sword is amazing... I'm glad I picked this game up. The facial animations are so beautiful and stunningly realistic, and gameplay awesome, and just high production values all around.

It may be short, but it is so much fun to play... I'll never get tired of blowing up that giant army with my cannon. :oops:

freakyzeeky1986

Blowing stuff up is always fun.

But I liked chopping people up with Nariko and shooting them in the nuts with Kai.:D

TheTenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 TheTenn
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts

I have to say Heavenly Sword and Lair.

I think the game is a masterpiece and while I can understand that if you total up the hours it takes to complete that it's not very long, the game is more then good enough to warrant several playthroughs. I've already beaten it three times and I still load up chapters just to play for fun. Stunning production values, voice acting, combat and graphics make this a must buy and a must keep for me.

Lair is also grossly underrated in my opinion. While I won't say it's game of the year material, I don't think it's "poor" either. I never experienced the issues most people had with the controls and I found it to be a solid game. Being honest, I could see why people hated it because you shouldn't be forced to use the motion control. I bet the game would have done much better had you been given the choice. Either way, I like it but an option would have been nice.

The Ratchet review still baffles me, but I'll refrain from commenting on that because I haven't beat the game yet. Still, it's an awesome game and a nice departure from the dark, gritty, war torn games of today.

nyc05

You said it all man.

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
I've only played Ratchet & Clank, and I love it. The other games don't really interest me. After all, I've gotta save up for Mass Effect, Rock Band, CoD4, Haze and Assassin's Creed.
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts
Ratchet and Clank and I've only played past the first level!
ChancreScolex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChancreScolex
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts

It's Folklore by a long shot, I felt like I truly got my money's worth with that game yet the masses don't seem to be picking it up. The storyline is AWESOME, graphics are gorgeous, and omg the Folk designs. The game has a certain Tim Burton vibe at times and it's also by Kouji Okada who is also the father of Shin Megami Tensei, and I'm a big fan of the SMT series. Not to mention Sony hasn't been advertising it in the States in the least.

Heavenly Sword would be second, whoever says it's a GoW clone obviously didn't play either games. I actually had to frame watch in the middle of battles which is something I haven't done since DMC3. GoW I and II are awesome games but I'm sorry, the combat depth in HS blows it out of the water. HS will more than likely make me jaded for voice acting and facial animations in every other game from here on out as well. It took me about 7-8 hours to get through but it was well worth it for the story alone.

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
I also say Folklore! R&C is great and alll but lets be realistic it wasn't an AAAA game it was just an AAA game... and in the long run even though i don't have a 360or a PS3i choose halo 3 over ratchet any day just because i'm a co-op fiend but this holiday season i'm gettin a PS3 because PS3 does have better games overall IMO...
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
I don't know folklore is an amazing game that deserves
TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
I too said Folklore, the game didn't get a lot of good reviews, but I just can't stop playing it. Great story, stunning visuals, unique storytelling.
Ocram_Zepol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ocram_Zepol
Member since 2006 • 1199 Posts

I think they all suck except Ratchet and Clank.GreasyFetus69

Yep.

Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
I played the demo for folklore, wasn't too into it. Lair - heard too many bad things about HS - friend has it and it looks awesome and fun, but it's done in less than 2 days My vote is for Ratchet and Clank, even though it takes 10-12 hours as GS says
OrangeCrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 OrangeCrown
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts
Out of this list, I've only played Folklore and Heavenly Sword. I think both are great games, and should have recieved better reviews.
AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 AlphaRail
Member since 2007 • 1789 Posts
Haven't played R&C and only played a demo of Folklore...but Folklore did not appeal to me...Heavenly Sword was definently underated...amazing graphics...some sixaxis things going on...and just some fun hack and slashing with different styles...Lair deserves a bit better of a rating...controls weren't so good, but it was pretty good overall, awesome graphics too and just fun controlling a dragon:P
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
IMO Folklore followed by Lair
bennylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bennylo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
all ps3 exclusive are underated by GS, no exception.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
thats a bad poll to take here, cuz ever game made for the ps3 is consider underrated by everone on these forums, i swear you guys are more interested in console wars then actual games and fun
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts
Judging from the, I would say Ratchet and Clank.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I would say Lair and Heavenly Sword. Both are great games.
DrewBlood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DrewBlood08
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
The fact that I own none of these games, tells you my opinion.
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts

depends on what site you look at. Ratchet and Clank got tripple A from everyone i know of besides gamespot.

folklore appears to be a hit or miss, ign loved it, this site didnt like it nearly as much.

so far i feel resistance was under rated. i defenetly feel it deserves a AAA i bought it a month ago and reciently beat it.

edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
The Darkness needs to be on the list its AAA
legandary_ACE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 legandary_ACE
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts
i would have to say Folklore.........and R&C isn't underrated at all... gamespot may have given it a 7.5 but everywhere else gave it a 9/10.......majority rules :D
outcasted1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 outcasted1
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts
Resistance, no doubt about it. Just the feel and aura of the game was enough to freak you out at parts. The bosses were hideous and ugly, and perfect for the setting. The story line was thoroughly explained and interesting down to the end. The gameplay was intense, with about 60 small scorpians coming at you at once, forcing you to pull out rocket launcher and risk blowing up urself to get rid of them. And last but not least, the 40 non-laggy online was spectacular. Overall, i think that game deserved at least a 9!
GEMINIVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GEMINIVice
Member since 2007 • 1139 Posts

With the choices, I don't believe any are underrated. Ratchet and Clank and Heavenly Sword: everyone seemed to like. Folklore: I can't say everyone liked it, however, I've yet to hear anything bad about it from people that own it and have played it. Lair: not underrated. The right word would be misunderstood (Out of these four games, Lair's the only one I own and I love it).

Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
Warhawk is definitely underrated.
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
I will give some people their opinions for saying resistance is underrated but i think it's overrated. I think folklore is underrated. I haven't seen a folklore commercial yet.