Most memorable moments you've experienced in a PS3 game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Let me explain. I'm talking about those very rare moments during a game you're telling yourself : "Damn that's awesome, I'm gonna remember that one for a long, long time." I'm talking about single-player, not the time where you sniped 12 dudes in a row online or something like that (although it can be fun as well).

Some of my personal moments were :

- This one may look weird, but it inspired this thread. The first time I did the Nurburging Nordschleife in GT5 (VW Polo race, amateur or professional, don't remember), I was having a hard time with some of the previous races while adapting to my new steering wheel), and I nailed that one, won by 10 or 15 seconds if not more, got almost all my turns perfect. It was awesome, I kept telling myself : "sh*t that's a freaking great track". It felt great.

- The train chapter in Uncharted 2. Exhilerating to say the least.

- All Ghillied Up. CoD4 : Modern Warfare. You know the one.

- Guitar Hero III : Through the Fire and Flames, even on Easy and Medium it was an "epic" feeling.

- Ravenholm, Half-Life 2.

Then there are the games when there are too many great moments to write them here, like Bioshock or Fallout 3.

SMK121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SMK121
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

My most memorable moment has to be when John Marston first enters Mexico. It was sunset when I made my way there, and hearing the Jose Gonzalez song while looking out at the wide-open expanse was absolutely stunning. The song was a nice touch, since it was the first actual song played in the game. It caught me off guard.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BaraChat

My most memorable moment has to be when John Marston first enters Mexico. It was sunset when I made my way there, and hearing the Jose Gonzalez song while looking out at the wide-open expanse was absolutely stunning. The song was a nice touch, since it was the first actual song played in the game. It caught me off guard.

SMK121
Yep I remember that one well, probably one of the things I'll remember the most about RDR.
shark2810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shark2810
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts
Arriving in the Himalayas in Uncharted 2 and looking over a ledge into a huge mountain valley. The scenery, along with everything else in that game, was epic.
big_boss1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 big_boss1988
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

fighting liqyid ocelot in MGS4.

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

SMK121
Stole it from me. But also, in UC2 when you arrive at Broken Paradise maybe called road to shambala. God of war ha da lot of epic scenes(have to played GOW3 yet. just 1&2
The_Wild_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 The_Wild_Tiger
Member since 2006 • 1712 Posts

I would also like to add my vote to John Marston first entering Mexico.

Other memorable moments would be:

- The final few chapters in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Just gave a very climactic feeling :)

- Final Cutscene in R&CF: A Crack in Time

- The opening in Assassin's Creed 2 when it displays the title at the beginning of a new game. Just made me feel like I was started a great story.

- The opening level in God of War III

- Completing CoD:WaW on Veteran Difficulty and achieving platinum, oh and the ending. (that was so dang hard to beat on verteran!)

- All of Uncharted 2 ;)

- The Sly Collection

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Fisticuffs with Liquid Ocelot grumpy old men style to the snake eater theme in MGS4. Nothing... NOTHING comes close.
Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts
Spoliers!! Uncharted 2: When you are in that building that the helicopter blew up and it is falling over and you jump out into the next building. Metal Gear Solid 4: When Raiden fights Vamp in the cutscene. Red Dead Redemption: When John Marshton dies at the end of the game. Heavy Rain: When you find out that the Oragami Killer is one of the guys who you are playing.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

A great question. My PS3 memorable moments:

-Grand Theft Auto IV: just traveling around the city day and night and just experiencing how expansive it is and realizing the series has definitely reached the next level.

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots- the intro that involves Snake's camo and a watermelon (too cool)

-Red Dead Redemption: experiencing the gorgeous sun, rain, cloud, lightning, and thunder effects (the game is just absolutely beautiful)

-Resident Evil 5: how addictive the demo was and experiencing that actual level in the actual game (talk about intense!) I believe it's the public assembly level with the axeman.

-God of War III: first boss fight without a doubt!

-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare- ALL GHILIED UP!

-inFamous: jumping down from a tall building the first time (and thinking I was going to die) and NOT losing a shred of energy!

-Prototype: running full speed down the street, floating from building to building, and my personal favorite: running up the side of skyscraper.

-Just Cause 2: I don't remember where I was exactly, but I was looking down on one of the cities at night and you could see the lights of the buildings shimmering in the distance and looking up and seeing a plane flying overhead with it's tail light blinking (it's the little things and it showed there was a great attention to detail). Another beautiful (and fun) game.

-Valkyria Chronicles: how addicted I was to the demo and the main game has too many memories to count, but I'll name just one: Desert Duel, Batomys, and winning the level.

-BioShock: the intro to the city of Rapture.

-Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution: In the game you're able to launch a nuclear missle and completely destroy the target. I've done it before it just never looked so cool.

-NFL Tour: how terrible it was.Same goes for Ridge Racer 7! (just my opinion).

-The Orange Box: playing Team Fortress 2 for the first time (what a cool game)

-Little Big Planet: playing some of the player created levels and enjoying a lot of them. Also, the Wedding Reception, Metropolis, and The Islands levels were sweet!

-Modnation Racers: unleashing level 3 missles, launching in the air/doing tricks, and drifting.

-Fight Night Round 4: Ali vs Tyson!

-Tekken 6: sweet graphics, cool music, and great gameplay/horrible load times brought it all down!

-Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition: entering VATS for the first time and seeing the damaging results I inflicted on the enemy (BRUTAL)

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Assassin's Creed: Climbing a viewpoint for the first time

Uncharted 2: The opening, and the whole train level.

Just Cause 2: The infinite freedom and fun.

paulc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 paulc420
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

FF10 , had many moments for me.

leaving the city. The tension between Yuna and the main character.

Things with Khamari, Auron etc.

When you are entering or leaving certain areas for the first time(s)

man that game had an awesome cast.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
Fisticuffs with Liquid Ocelot grumpy old men style to the snake eater theme in MGS4. Nothing... NOTHING comes close. MrSelf-Destruct
Same here, a truley epic momment in gaming. I thought the fight with Raiden vs Vamp was also top among the list....come to think of it, a lot of awesome momments in MGS4.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
UC2 thibet chapter and train level MGS4 beating the wolf the final fight with liquid heavy rain the baby and club scenes GOW3 the end and fight with zeus killzone2 all the last level of the game gta iv the bank mission redemption the end demons souls all the boss fights
Roguey000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Roguey000
Member since 2010 • 125 Posts
For me: LBP1/2 - being able to make your own levels and/or games. Uncharted 1/2 - Both great games, remmeber looking round at the city background whilst climbing some street posts, Sonic unreleased - For finally beating the game, this thing was a nightmare, although the warehog was fun. Tekken 6 - Finally, after delayed for so long. Although wished they added more customization options, since the long wait. GT5 - Delayed for so long but brilliant when finally out. I was hoping to see another game like A-SPEC and it didnt disappoint. Dead space - The whole thing was great, never knew what was going to happen. I hope the next is great.
risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

Dead Space 2 - While playing hardcore mode, I've had sweaty palms and i was nervous every second. Told myself "It's been a long time since i got scared again".

Batman AA: beating up villains never felt this great. XD

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
i think there are too many to count but i remember playing dead space for the first time, and i was sitting on the edge, acting all jumpy... dead space 2 is about the same for me but i didn't have much time to play... :)
FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

Dead Space - Entering the Ishimura and the lights go out and that damn "Twinkle,twinkle" theme song on the commericials freaked me out.

Dead Space 2 - Reboarding the Ishimura. I had total flashbacks and remembered every part of the ship. Erie.

Castlevania:LOS - The ending. One of the best endings I've seen in a game in a long, long time.

Killzone 2 - The ending. Walking out of the building in the end and looking up to see all the ships. Epic. Bring on Killzone 3.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warefare 2 "No Russian" - I was like WTF!!!

Metal Gear Solid 4: The ending and a monkey drinking cola.

Resident Evil 5: Getting eaten by an alligator. Whoa!Does it get any better than that.

Resident Evil 5: Finding out Jill is still alive.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]Fisticuffs with Liquid Ocelot grumpy old men style to the snake eater theme in MGS4. Nothing... NOTHING comes close. Ninja_Zombie83
Same here, a truley epic momment in gaming. I thought the fight with Raiden vs Vamp was also top among the list....come to think of it, a lot of awesome momments in MGS4.

Yeah there is. Returning to Shadow Moses, the Rex vs Ray fight, the surprise appearance of a living Big Boss, the revelation that Big Mama was Snake's birth mother, and so much more. There's a reason I love it so. ;)
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#21 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Half Life 2 - Walking out of the train station and seeing City 17 for the first time.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - The first three chapters. I never played a MGS game before (I never even heard of it) and me and my best friend played through the first three chapters in one night. It was amazing. Sadly, we both thought the final two chapters sucked though.

Call of Duty 4 - All ghillied up.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BaraChat

Batman AA: beating up villains never felt this great. XD

risako9
I forgot to mention Arkham Asylum. I remember thinking "S**t that's awesome" during the first encounter with scarecrow, the build-up and the nightmare level. Simply amazing.
Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoc4PYVewF4

'nuff said

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

MGS4- Rex vs Ray, Snake vs Ocelot/Liquid

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune- the first few hours, nothing specific. Just liked the setting.

Resident Evil 5- Punching a boulder.

Warhawk, nothing specific. First online PS3 game I got hooked on.

GTA IV- bank robbery mission

Uncharted 2- train level, helicopter battle, the falling building...hell, half the game.

Heavenly Sword- "Hundreds upon hundreds of enemies charging towards you, have fun with these cannons"

God of War III- first half hour/Poseidon battle. Best game opening in history. Hades & Cronos battles, Ares' tomb was a nice touch.

Hot crap burgers, one I missed: Demon's Souls- Dragon in 1-1, the atmosphere of world 3, Flamelurker, fending off my first invader in a 10 minute battle left with a sliver of HP, 4-1, Maiden Astraea "fight", False King fight and more.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

In no particular order.

Uncharted 2 - jumping from truck to truck only seconds before they blow up playing on crushing.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - The true ending after the credits.

Grand Theft Auto Ballad of gay tony - Every racist thing Yusuf Amir said while playin' this song.

Avatar image for chedarcheese190
chedarcheese190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 chedarcheese190
Member since 2008 • 793 Posts

sitting down in oblivion i never just sat down in a game before it was amazing.

picking something up in oblivion, i could never just pick something up before in a game.

falling on your horse in red dead redemption and mounting it.

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

Fighting that giant bone monster thing in Twilight princess(forgot what it was.)

Killing Hades in God Of War(just the though of killing the ruler of the underworld.)

Jumping from the Cathedral Church in Venice i believe it was in Assassins creed 2.(took me a while to reach the top.)

Finally catching up to Dutch in RDR and watching him jump off a cliff xD

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

The entirety of Valkyria Chronicles.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

MGS4 had the most epic moments in any PS3 game I played. Rex vs Ray. Raiden vs Vamp, etc. And there was that chilling moment the first timeyou hear that gunshot when Snake had the gun in his mouth.

Assassin's Creed 2: The ending when Minerva appears and shes "looking" at you.

CoD4: Ghillie in the Mist

Uncharted 2: the entire Himalayas scene

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
The train chapter in Uncharted 2. Exhilerating to say the least. - This, as Uncharted 2 was one of very few exclusives i have i was expecting the game to finish around about that time, but it just kept coming... Atleast 3 or 4 hours after that i think i saw the end nearing and just thought "Oh a game this good can't be this long surely!" so it kinda stuck in my head and more so the fact i rationed the damn game it was so good i wanted the appeal to last as long as possible, definitely my kind of game.
Jimbowesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

User Lists: 4

#31 Jimbowesker
Member since 2009 • 996 Posts

FF7- When Aeris is killed although there were several moments in that game I can only describe as stunning.

MGS- When u on the elevator and the creepy music is playing and Otacon notices the weight limit on the elevator being excessive and puts that together with Stealth Suits missing and u realize there are like 5 guys in Stealth Suits standing behind u!!

Dead Space- When u just board the Ishimura and the lights cut out for the first time and u can hear loud noises all round u OH F******* creepy!!

Uncharted 2- Every single moment of it.

Jimbowesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

User Lists: 4

#32 Jimbowesker
Member since 2009 • 996 Posts

I forgot one

Parasite Eve- When u are at the opera show at the beginning of the game and Eve starts spontaneously combusting everyone. Nothing particularly special about this now but at that time in 1997 this type of cinematic sequence wuz just abnormal and surpassed evrything that wuz being made at that time.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

Heavy Rain jerking me out of the ended I wanted because it didn't recognize an accurate 6-axis motion. That soured my whole opinion on the game.

The introduction of Drebin in MGS4. He's my favorite character in the game and this was my first MGS game and it was like whoa, they just threw in like a 20 minute anime episode to introduce a character. I'd never played a game with cutscenes that long but I thought it was pretty cool that it was like they regulated it for me so that right as I might feel like turning off the PS3 to watch TV, they show a TV episode in the game and right as I get tired of watching TV and want to play a game, the game goes back to gameplay.

The end of MGS4's first boss fight. Because of her story and the fact that she would die on her own, I really didn't want to kill her after she popped out of her suit but I don't think the game would have let me do that.

MGS4's boss fight in the snow. That was a kick ass battle and very intense.

CampaignGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CampaignGamer
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

For me it would have to be:

• On Heavy Rain when (blank) (blank) (blank) and (blank) (blank) (blankity) (blank) does (blank)
  • The opening part of GoW 3
  • On Call of Duty: Black Ops when I realized "Oh crap. This game's gonna suck."
  • And of course, the Castlevania: LoS epilogue scene
Stressthesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Stressthesky
Member since 2009 • 490 Posts

I remember I hadn't played videogames for many years when I sat down with my uncle to check out Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The opening level on the boat when it's starting to capsize. I do believe I was actually leaning over to one side thinking: "Holy ****!"

Also, the opening to God of War 3 actually had my heart pumping fast. They always go all out in the beginning of the GoW games.

And climbing the Citadel at the end of Mass Effect 1.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

Uncharted 2 and FF13's opening sequences, not to mention other parts of the game (especially the Barthandelus fights).

Like playing a movie. Didn't hurt that I had the lights off, either...

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Spoiler warning... In Heavy Rain when Ethan cuts off his finger. Holy crap that made me sick to my stomach it was so graphic and realisitic with the noises and emotion. I actually felt fear and anxiety.
Sprock26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sprock26
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

Spoiler warning... In Heavy Rain when Ethan cuts off his finger. Holy crap that made me sick to my stomach it was so graphic and realisitic with the noises and emotion. I actually felt fear and anxiety.nightshade869

I agree, nasty as hell...

Others:

Demon Souls: When me and a buddy turned on this game for the first time, played like 4hours and never made it pass the first level we were like "this is so difficult, nearlyimpossible" and turned off the player. Next day, we turned on the game to give it 1more try, and then we finished about 5-6 levels. Yeah awsome. The whole atmosphere and all - EPIC! Also defeating a boss for the first time - BIG high five

AC: As others said jumping off a tall building. Was like "now we going to die" - then landing in a haystack. Great