Most dissapointing "announcement" i have ever watched (PS4)

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxchadxxchad
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

That was probably the most underwhelming announcement i have ever watched in my life. We didin't even get to see the damn console! No price, no launch title list, nothing. Thoughts?

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Well, I would guess that some or most of the titles we saw are launch titles. Problem is seeing them in 480 resolution doesn't impress as much as what they saw in NYC I'm sure. I was very happy to see that the focus of the new system was on the developers and their needs. I'm more positive than ever about PS4.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
That conference if anything has put me off buying the PS4.
xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxchadxxchad

Well, I would guess that some or most of the titles we saw are launch titles. Problem is seeing them in 480 resolution doesn't impress as much as what they saw in NYC I'm sure. I was very happy to see that the focus of the new system was on the developers and their needs. I'm more positive than ever about PS4.

DaRq_MiNoS

I didn't mean I wasn't excited, i still am! But i guess i was just dissapointed we didnt even get to see what the console looked like.

zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zepfya
Member since 2003 • 1209 Posts
Yep the worst announcement for a system I ever seen, no price, no pre order date, no release date, no launch titles. What were they thinking, how do these people get paid? lol...
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

DaRq_MiNoS
Ppshh, my computer could barely handle 240P at times. Anyway, it was mostly games games games and blah blah social features. At least they went over some hardware specs I guess, though I really wanted to see the system itself. Guess we'll see much more at E3, though this just seemed like a big teaser. Oh well, I can still wait a while for the PS4 though some of the games are looking amazing.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Yep the worst announcement for a system I ever seen, no price, no pre order date, no release date, no launch titles. What were they thinking, how do these people get paid? lol...zepfya
It releases this holiday. Which means we'll get all those other details at E3.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

People need to calm down (not directed solely at this thread, but all of them).  As previously said, watching a HD game on a 480p res steam is going to be kind of weak.  I hope the devs start to be really creative with the new systems, and it seems they've been working a lot on the game engines (was the one for the Capcom game in game footage or a prerendered demo, it seemed like a mix of both so I wasn't sure).

zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zepfya
Just don't understand how you can announce a console without showing it, Sony is going downhill.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Just don't understand how you can announce a console without showing it, Sony is going downhill.zepfya
The Wii-U was not shown until well after it was announced. But I agree that it would have been nice to see the thing.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
E3 is the place where those questions will be answered, we know ps4 is officialy named, we know the specification and hardware behind it, we have seen games and technology running on it, we have seen many developers supporting the PS4 and we have learned which directions the new console is taking, we now understand what Gaikai is doing as well. We have seen the dualshock 4. The PS4 will be shown soon and the price with it as well. Disappointing announcement? Not for me, I have gotten lots of information and it's exciting to see what E3 2013 has in store for us.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts

What a waste of time. Thanks for stealing hours of our lives and showing us NOTHING Sony!!! WTF was that? So far these Next Gen consoles are looking like a cash grab that won't be doing that much different then what we have now.

caketoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 caketoo
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
Agreed, they offered really no relevant info whatsoever. The games were to be expected and are nothing great. I dont care about facebook or being able to watch other people play games or access my console from other devices. You know what i wanted to know was is online still gonna be free? I doubt it will, what happens to plus? our accts with carryover,price,BWC and the rumor of blocked games? Those are the things that are going to get people to buy or not buy this system. Nothing i heard today makes me want the ps4 at all, it was 2 hours of self indulgence and I dont understand how they didnt even show a protoype PS4, thats what the whole thing was about they couldve just painted a cardboard box or something.
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
[QUOTE="zepfya"]Just don't understand how you can announce a console without showing it, Sony is going downhill.MrSelf-Destruct
The Wii-U was not shown until well after it was announced. But I agree that it would have been nice to see the thing.

It could be just a solid black box for all i care. I was pretty impressed. I'll still be a PC gamer next gen but it was still impressive to me.
Jerell_rast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Jerell_rast
Member since 2004 • 7095 Posts
E3 is the place where those questions will be answered, we know ps4 is officialy named, we know the specification and hardware behind it, we have seen games and technology running on it, we have seen many developers supporting the PS4 and we have learned which directions the new console is taking, we now understand what Gaikai is doing as well. We have seen the dualshock 4. The PS4 will be shown soon and the price with it as well. Disappointing announcement? Not for me, I have gotten lots of information and it's exciting to see what E3 2013 has in store for us. Sokol4ever
I agree.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
As if they were going to show the console. This showing was the perfect opportunity to build up hype and excitement for the obvious E3 showing and get everyone talking which it seems to have been successful.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

That was probably the most underwhelming announcement i have ever watched in my life. We didin't even get to see the damn console! No price, no launch title list, nothing. Thoughts?

xxchadxxchad

I can understand why they didn't give a price and release date(their waiting on MS to tip their hand)but I'm baffled as to why no pics...:|

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaRq_MiNoS

It would appear they've finalized the controllers but not the console. I'm sure if it's coming out in November that they have until at least July to decide on the final console design, and it looks like they haven't come to a definite decision on it.

zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zepfya
I think it's brilliant of Sony to show off demos running on a PC when they are announcing a new console.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#20 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

[QUOTE="zepfya"]Yep the worst announcement for a system I ever seen, no price, no pre order date, no release date, no launch titles. What were they thinking, how do these people get paid? lol...MrSelf-Destruct
It releases this holiday. Which means we'll get all those other details at E3.

holiday 2013  doesnt mean really anything , 

how mANY TIMES HAS  something with the tag holder date been delayed lol i want a spacific date i hope they start preorders in the summer so i can get one payed off by the time it comes just in case 720 is also out the same time 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Amen!  This whole 2 hour show was a waste of time imo.

We didn't see the PS4.  And I still don't know if I can play used games on the thing or if it's backwards-compatible with PS3 games for sure.  Maybe they mentioned it in the first 20 minutes that I missed?  But if they did, they sure didn't make a very big deal about that stuff.

It was all about sharing and social networks, and Sony harassing you with gaming updates on your smartphone and Vita and everything else in addition to the PS4.

I'm not too pleased.  Even most of the games they talked about didn't really interest me.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts

As if they were going to show the console. This showing was the perfect opportunity to build up hype and excitement for the obvious E3 showing and get everyone talking which it seems to have been successful.Sharvie

Couldn't disagree more.  If anything this waste of time conference turned many people OFF to the PS4.  I went in pumped up about it... and now could care less at this point.  

So far PS4 and Wii U aren't looking like that 'Next Gen' experience many were hoping for... but instead minor upgrades that are a total cash grab.

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

xxchadxxchad

DID THEY PROMISE TO SHOW THE PS4? NO! THEY NEVER MENTIONED ANYTHING YOU LET RUMORS TRICK YOU INTO THINKING SO WHICH WAS YOUR FAULT NOT THEIRS.

SONY ISN'T GOING TO BE FOOLISH AND REVEAL RIGHT AWAY ALL THEIR EXCLUSIVES AND 3RD PARTY AND HARDWARE IMMEDIATELY. IT WOULD RUIN THE SURPRISE. COMMON SENSE WOULD TELL YOU THAT .

IN BETWEEN NOW AND HOLIDAY 2013 EVERYTHING WILL BE REVEALED.

REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED WHEN SONY REVEALED THE PRICE FOR THE PS3 AT THE CONFERENCE? THEY DIDN'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE THIS TIME AND ARE TAKING THE TIME TO MAKE PS4 AFFORDABLE TO EVERYONE. IF SONY REVEALED EVERYTHING RIGHT AWAY, THAN THAT WOULD GIVE MS TO STRATEGICALLY STRETCH OUT ALL THEIR EXCLUSIVES, SUPPORT AND HARDWARE THUS HAVING THE BETTER OFFERING AND LINE UP

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

Amen!  This whole 2 hour show was a waste of time imo.

We didn't see the PS4.  And I still don't know if I can play used games on the thing or if it's backwards-compatible with PS3 games for sure.  Maybe they mentioned it in the first 20 minutes that I missed?  But if they did, they sure didn't make a very big deal about that stuff.

It was all about sharing and social networks, and Sony harassing you with gaming updates on your smartphone and Vita and everything else in addition to the PS4.

I'm not too pleased.  Even most of the games they talked about didn't really interest me.

Ovirew
It's not backwards compatible.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Folks, it's doutful that they've settled on a finalized form for the console yet. Learn patience.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

[QUOTE="xxchadxxchad"]

ipumpmygun

DID THEY PROMISE TO SHOW THE PS4? NO! THEY NEVER MENTIONED ANYTHING YOU LET RUMORS TRICK YOU INTO THINKING SO WHICH WAS YOUR FAULT NOT THEIRS.

SONY ISN'T GOING TO BE FOOLISH AND REVEAL RIGHT AWAY ALL THEIR EXCLUSIVES AND 3RD PARTY AND HARDWARE IMMEDIATELY. IT WOULD RUIN THE SURPRISE. COMMON SENSE WOULD TELL YOU THAT .

REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED WHEN SONY REVEALED THE PRICE FOR THE PS3 AT THE CONFERENCE? THEY DIDN'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE THIS TIME AND ARE TAKING THE TIME TO MAKE PS4 AFFORDABLE TO EVERYONE. IF SONY REVEALED EVERYTHING RIGHT AWAY, THAN THAT WOULD GIVE MS TO STRATEGICALLY STRETCH OUT ALL THEIR EXCLUSIVES, SUPPORT AND HARDWARE THUS HAVING THE BETTER OFFERING AND LINE UP

They have been bragging up this event for like a month. There was no reason for it. There was nothing they showed us today that was THAT amazing. They couldn't even show us a console, just talk about games and needless features no real gamers want.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
That was a great presentation, except for lack of a price point.
Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Caybrown
Member since 2004 • 3722 Posts
Wait till E3 at least... Plus I bet Sony don't want to get too detailed until Microsoft talk about the new Xbox when Nintendo announced the Wii u they weren't detailed about it the first year, and all we saw was the controller.
ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

[QUOTE="ipumpmygun"]

[QUOTE="xxchadxxchad"]

Ovirew

They have been bragging up this event for like a month. There was no reason for it. There was nothing they showed us today that was THAT amazing. They couldn't even show us a console, just talk about games and needless features no real gamers want.

YOU PEOPLE BEGGED FOR A PS4 THEY MADE IT. YOU TOLD THEM NOT TO FOOLISH MAKE AN EXPENSIVE PS4 THEY WILL NOT SO THEY DIDN'T REVEAL IT SO THEY CAN MAKE IT AFFORDABLE. THEY CONFIRMED THEY SPECS PEOPLE WANTED YOU'RE NOT SATISFIED. THEY ANNOUNCED SOME EXCLUSIVES AND 3RD PART PARTNERSHIPS YOU ARENT SATISFIED.  WE HAVE 10 MONTHS IN BETWEEN NOT AND DEC TO SHOW EVERYTHING AND GET EVERY DETAIL AND YOU'RE NOT SATISFIED. PEOPLE DON'T WANT THEM TO SHOW EVERYTHING ALL THEY WWANT AND WHEN THEY DONT YOU GET UPSET.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaRq_MiNoS

[QUOTE="ipumpmygun"]

[QUOTE="xxchadxxchad"]

Ovirew

Obviously it wasn't amazing because the best we saw it in was 480p streaming when they are 1080p games. And we didn't really get to see the games that we know are coming next gen, like Dark Souls 2, Uncharted 4, Red Dead 3, Portal 3, etc.

Avatar image for Encognito_Mr_BC
Encognito_Mr_BC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Encognito_Mr_BC
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts

all this presentation was to generate buzz and show ppl the direction the system is taking. Everything else will probably be reveal at E3 because it's still the biggest Technological show for developers and etc. Everyone is going to hate and everyone is going to complain. If they showed everything here and there one Microsoft hasn't tipped their hand yet and two ppl will complain at E3 "They showed the same stuff at the first conference". Haters gonna hate, b itches gonna whine

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Not seeing the console is not a big deal. We already know it's going to be a box of some sort. Here are some of my impressions:

-all those social features...interesting but I don't care much for it.

-booting up a game instantly? Sounds great to me

-dualshock 4...nothing special. It's the same thing with a touchpad that probably won't be implemented too much like the sixaxis feature.

-remote play is all right but what about the extra triggers and L3/R3 buttons? It won't be a seamless experience like the WiiU gamepad.

-some graphics were great like Killzone and Capcom's game, but Knack and Watch Dogs looked average. The rest were tech demos or cutscenes which I can't really base any judgements on those.

-media molecule's presentation...I'm not the demographic

Overall, the presentation did what it needed to do, introduce the capabilities of the Ps4. I'm a little impressed but it's not very innovative in my opinion and the graphical leap is not too great compared to the previous one. I didn't expect a launch date or price. There's still plenty of time between now and the holidays for Sony to come to a decision.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaRq_MiNoS

[QUOTE="Ovirew"][QUOTE="ipumpmygun"]

ipumpmygun

YOU PEOPLE BEGGED FOR A PS4 THEY MADE IT. YOU TOLD THEM NOT TO FOOLISH MAKE AN EXPENSIVE PS4 THEY WILL NOT SO THEY DIDN'T REVEAL IT SO THEY CAN MAKE IT AFFORDABLE. THEY CONFIRMED THEY SPECS PEOPLE WANTED YOU'RE NOT SATISFIED. THEY ANNOUNCED SOME EXCLUSIVES AND 3RD PART PARTNERSHIPS YOU ARENT SATISFIED. WE HAVE 10 MONTHS IN BETWEEN NOT AND DEC TO SHOW EVERYTHING AND GET EVERY DETAIL AND YOU'RE NOT SATISFIED. PEOPLE DON'T WANT THEM TO SHOW EVERYTHING ALL THEY WWANT AND WHEN THEY DONT YOU GET UPSET.

WAR WAS BEGINNING.

SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BOMB.

WE GET SIGNAL.

WHAT!

MAIN SCREEN TURN ON.

IT'S YOU!!

HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN!!

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION.

WHAT YOU SAY!!

YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME.

HA HA HA HA....

darkziosj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darkziosj
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts

indeed that was just so... sad, the games, the presentation, the control, eveything so bland.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

All of the important questions I have about the console, the software, and firmware are un-answered... So I am still un-interested. But I figured on that. This was just a maturbatory expo. Big surprise.

PS - Darq, you're SO "Delta-Bravo".

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I'm just exited over live streams being built in. :D
nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts
Yep the worst announcement for a system I ever seen, no price, no pre order date, no release date, no launch titles. What were they thinking, how do these people get paid? lol...zepfya
Most consoles are announced initially without a price or release date. Ps3 was anounced in 2005 with a general "spring 2006" launch window (eventually delayed) and no price point was given until e3 2006. Calm down. e3 will be where this info is announced.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]E3 is the place where those questions will be answered, we know ps4 is officialy named, we know the specification and hardware behind it, we have seen games and technology running on it, we have seen many developers supporting the PS4 and we have learned which directions the new console is taking, we now understand what Gaikai is doing as well. We have seen the dualshock 4. The PS4 will be shown soon and the price with it as well. Disappointing announcement? Not for me, I have gotten lots of information and it's exciting to see what E3 2013 has in store for us. Jerell_rast
I agree.

Agreed.

Incredible that people are finding things to complain about after all that.  

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts

[QUOTE="Jerell_rast"][QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]E3 is the place where those questions will be answered, we know ps4 is officialy named, we know the specification and hardware behind it, we have seen games and technology running on it, we have seen many developers supporting the PS4 and we have learned which directions the new console is taking, we now understand what Gaikai is doing as well. We have seen the dualshock 4. The PS4 will be shown soon and the price with it as well. Disappointing announcement? Not for me, I have gotten lots of information and it's exciting to see what E3 2013 has in store for us. MLBknights58

I agree.

Agreed.

I agree as well. People will find anything to whine about though. Great conference set the stage for a full unveil at e3 along with more games
Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 Caybrown
Member since 2004 • 3722 Posts
[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

[QUOTE="Jerell_rast"]I agree. nolson

Agreed.

I agree as well. People will find anything to whine about though. Great conference set the stage for a full unveil at e3 along with more games

Agreed! People are never satisfied either :/
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

For something that's just going to sit in an entertainment center for me I really couldn't care less what it looks like. What I care about are games and features and I liked what I heard with respect to features.

I often play one game for a long time, so the idea of a true standby mode is awesome where I don't have to boot up the console and sit through the developer and publisher intros, then a load screen, then finally get to where I can play the game and instead press a button and get back to playing.

My friends and I often play different games and used to watch each other play games that we wouldn't have necessarily played otherwise. Since then we have all graduated and moved away so it'll be nice to get that experience again for our own living rooms.

And I couldn't be happier about it sounded like there is finally true background downloading.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
That was among the best console announcements in recent history... we still have 3-4 more industry events before the console actually launches. Why would they release ALL the details this early???! This is the first time the new consoles have even been announced this early if I recall. Now we get to wait for E3 for more information to trickle down.
xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xxchadxxchad

I think the Diablo 3 port is going to suck, since it already sucks on pc :p

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Any mention whether the ps4 can play used games?

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Since the release is 8-10 months away, I guess they wanted to hold off on the "finer details". At least they gave us the 8GB and DDR5 Ram specs. I really don't care how the box "looks" - although I hope it's not much bigger than the PS3 slim. It is a good idea for them to hold off on the price, why give away *ALL* of their plans to competitors and give them even more time to react? I was happy with everything Sony showed, but the 3rd party stuff was a joke. (tech demos, Watch Dogs Running on PC, and freaking Diablo 3 who cares.) I was very happy with the 8GB of RAM, and at DDR5 spec. At least the console will not be an underpowered joke, so long as it comes in at a mass-market price point ($399 possible?) it fits in a pretty nice sweet spot. Unlike the PS3/360, which can be blown away by a $400-$500 PC easily - this systems performance ultimately will probably be competitive with $1000-1500+ PC's at a minimum. Basically it moves the ball for console gaming from "low-medium" settings, to "high or max" settings - but with Unreal Engine 4 and Sony putting their 1st party studios on the job, I have a feeling we will finally be seeing some "next generation" games at E3 (this show was a pretty good taste for me, but mostly just the Sony 1st party stuff was of any real interest... the rest of it was a joke)
not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

[QUOTE="DaRq_MiNoS"]

xxchadxxchad

I didn't mean I wasn't excited, i still am! But i guess i was just dissapointed we didnt even get to see what the console looked like.

But it was just an annoncement. Did they ever show the console right at the announcement events. I think only the Xbox 360 was when they showed it on MTV in 2005.

natenation87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 natenation87
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts

E3 is the place where those questions will be answered, we know ps4 is officialy named, we know the specification and hardware behind it, we have seen games and technology running on it, we have seen many developers supporting the PS4 and we have learned which directions the new console is taking, we now understand what Gaikai is doing as well. We have seen the dualshock 4. The PS4 will be shown soon and the price with it as well. Disappointing announcement? Not for me, I have gotten lots of information and it's exciting to see what E3 2013 has in store for us. Sokol4ever

^^^ I agree.

I thought it was a very good announcement. So excited! Can't wait to learn more at E3.

What did people expect? Did you think Sony would reveal EVERYTHING about the PS4? We learned quite a lot about it today. I'm sure they want to save some reveals for E3. Stop whinging.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

All of the important questions I have about the console, the software, and firmware are un-answered... So I am still un-interested. But I figured on that. This was just a maturbatory expo. Big surprise.

PS - Darq, you're SO "Delta-Bravo".

MonkeySpot

8 GB of unified GDDR5 RAM and GPU of almost 2 TFs. What else do you need to know?

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DaRq_MiNoS

But it was just an annoncement. Did they ever show the console right at the announcement events. I think only the Xbox 360 was when they showed it on MTV in 2005.

not_wanted

It looks like the controller design is finalized, but the console isn't. If it's coming out in November (Holiday season 2013 as mentioned) they don't really need to finalize it until around July. I'm sure it's not finalized or they would have shown it.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

People do realize that this is not E3.  Sony was not going to announce a price point or a specific release date.  The detailed information always comes out at a biigger show.  I do not see why people are saying that there is no backwards compatability.  BC will come through Gaikai.  I did not think we would hear about hardly any games.  Games like Destiny, Watch Dogs, Killzone and Sucker Punch's new title were all sort of known.  Third parties for right now are porting ever game they have to eveything.  Knack reminded me of Ratchet and Clank to a certain degree, and I think it is cool that Sony is still interested making a game like that considering what the sales have been with the series on PS3.  Sony struck a nice balance between existing IP's and new IP's.  Killzone and Infamous should resonate with the PS faithful while Knack and Drive Club bring something new to the table.Â