More questions regarding to the last post i posted about me getting a PS3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

woopa93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 woopa93
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts
Today, i had went to Frys to see if the game prices have changed, just walking around. I then came across the PS3 section, and have come across two standing problems/questions. What games to get, and if i should get a stand for my PS3 when i get it. I need a recommendation on some games to get, i have chosen between MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, preordering Killzone 2. but i need to pick two games to get, one competitive game and one with a good storyline so that i can play well through. Please help me with some recommendations for games. For my last issue, i saw a stand at Fry's and because of my lack space in my Living room, i have an armoire but it holds my tv and my wii. The only space i can put it in is next to my armoire on the carpet where my 360 use to sit. I just need to know if getting a stand is necessary, if it causes any problems to a PS3, if it helps it because of my carpet floor.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
speaking of fry's, i think kfc has the best ones Edit: there is a game recommendation stuck up at the top of the boards.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#3 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Use the sticky at the top of the board, and don't get a game stand because you'll want your PS3 lying flat, not on it's side (lying it on it's side restricts air flow, which is veeery bad for the system)
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WutTimeIsIt
Use the sticky at the top of the board, and don't get a game stand because you'll want your PS3 lying flat, not on it's side (lying it on it's side restricts air flow, which is veeery bad for the system)hillelslovak
lmao @ ur theory of air flow.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#5 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
[QUOTE="hillelslovak"]Use the sticky at the top of the board, and don't get a game stand because you'll want your PS3 lying flat, not on it's side (lying it on it's side restricts air flow, which is veeery bad for the system)WutTimeIsIt

Well, you put your PS3 vertical, and it's lying on the side of the system that brings in air to cool the console, that's very bad........
Avatar image for deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
Member since 2006 • 3052 Posts
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="hillelslovak"]Use the sticky at the top of the board, and don't get a game stand because you'll want your PS3 lying flat, not on it's side (lying it on it's side restricts air flow, which is veeery bad for the system)hillelslovak

Well, you put your PS3 vertical, and it's lying on the side of the system that brings in air to cool the console, that's very bad........

The PS3 is still going to cool properly whether its placed vertically or laying flat.
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
Today, i had went to Frys to see if the game prices have changed, just walking around. I then came across the PS3 section, and have come across two standing problems/questions. What games to get, and if i should get a stand for my PS3 when i get it. I need a recommendation on some games to get, i have chosen between MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, preordering Killzone 2. but i need to pick two games to get, one competitive game and one with a good storyline so that i can play well through. Please help me with some recommendations for games. For my last issue, i saw a stand at Fry's and because of my lack space in my Living room, i have an armoire but it holds my tv and my wii. The only space i can put it in is next to my armoire on the carpet where my 360 use to sit. I just need to know if getting a stand is necessary, if it causes any problems to a PS3, if it helps it because of my carpet floor.woopa93
No need to get a stand... about games... try Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (if you don't have it in your 360), Heavenly Sword...
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="hillelslovak"]Use the sticky at the top of the board, and don't get a game stand because you'll want your PS3 lying flat, not on it's side (lying it on it's side restricts air flow, which is veeery bad for the system)hillelslovak

if thats the case, then your assuming air only flows vertically and through visible holes....in which case putting it on its side would expose more surface area, and not only on one side, but on both sides of the system (which putting horizontally would completely cover)....
kayos539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 kayos539
Member since 2003 • 903 Posts

DON'T BUY AT FRY'S!!!

I work there and I can give you first hand experience that they don't give a **** about their customers.

shreeveera_ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shreeveera_ps3
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
do bother getting a stand!just get littlebigplanet and valkyria chronicles.