More new screenies of Lair!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

big7boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 big7boss
Member since 2006 • 216 Posts

Its only 3 new shots, but their up close and personal. really shows the detail of the game!

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/761/761161/img_4355709.html

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/761/761161/img_4355710.html

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/761/761161/img_4355711.html

plg2307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 plg2307
Member since 2005 • 953 Posts
One word: Amazing! :shock:
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Dazzam.  Looking better with each new rounds of screenshots.

Why the heck does IGN get all the good stuff so quick?  I pay to be a member here but get all the new info from IGN.  Weird huh?
JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
Lair looks awesome, gameplay will be fun, graphics are awesome, and its going to be the first like amazing dragon game IMO, but i cant be certain so if it shapes up good ill deffinately get it and yah IGN is great for news, if i were you id pay for them, gamespot doesnt even cover PS3 they just give some bad news every once in awhile, bash it, and say its bad theres ps3s still left to preorder in Europe yet they broke records and out preorder the wii by 15x as much
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
Looks good, the textures are kind of lack-luster, but its probably the best looking ps3 game I've seen!
jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts
it looks great, and yah IGN is great for news, if i were you id pay for them, gamespot doesnt even cover PS3 they just give some bad news every once in awhile, bash it, and say its bad theres ps3s still left to preorder in Europe yet they broke records and out preorder the wii by 15x as muchJordanKid
So true...so sad Go ! IGN
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
mmmmmmmmm beautiful....but i just hope theres a story to go with those beautiful graphics
HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HuhJustaBox
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanKid"]it looks great, and yah IGN is great for news, if i were you id pay for them, gamespot doesnt even cover PS3 they just give some bad news every once in awhile, bash it, and say its bad theres ps3s still left to preorder in Europe yet they broke records and out preorder the wii by 15x as muchjelopek

Yes!  IGN blows gamespot out of the water.  I am about done here at gamespot.  Their bias against the PS3 is entirely obnoxious.  Have you seen the crap where there claim that the PS3 has limited hardware?  Just because it will not be b/c with some PS2 games right at the launch in Europe.  Even though this will all be addressed in updates.

Pathetic Gamespot!!  I am tired of your negative spin and making mountains out of mole hills.  Yeah the number of PS3 preoders blew the Wii's and 360's numbers out of the water...yet they slanted it and acted like no one was preodering.  I love their idea of journalism.

I have an idea...we all go over to the IGN message boards and just leave this pathetic site.

HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HuhJustaBox
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts

mmmmmmmmm beautiful....but i just hope theres a story to go with those beautiful graphicsblazinpuertoroc

Check out the interveiw at IGN!!!!  Yeah IGN has all of the news!!!!  IGN!!!!  In the interview, the director of Factor 5 gives many details about the story.  And yes there is going to be an amazing story to match your amazing graphics.  In fact, by the sounds of it--the story may even be better than the graphics.  Can't wait for this game. 

I bet on every other site it gets about a 9.5.  But here it gamespot they will give it no higher than an 8.3. 

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]mmmmmmmmm beautiful....but i just hope theres a story to go with those beautiful graphicsHuhJustaBox

Check out the interveiw at IGN!!!! Yeah IGN has all of the news!!!! IGN!!!! In the interview, the director of Factor 5 gives many details about the story. And yes there is going to be an amazing story to match your amazing graphics. In fact, by the sounds of it--the story may even be better than the graphics. Can't wait for this game.

I bet on every other site it gets about a 9.5. But here it gamespot they will give it no higher than an 8.3.

really? nice...been kinda lazy so i havent checked...**goes to IGN**
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i think it will look great in motion. but it proves again that detailed textures are not the PS3's best quality...
ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZeLeam
Member since 2006 • 726 Posts
i think it will look great in motion. but it proves again that detailed textures are not the PS3's best quality...danneswegman
You have a funny understanding of proof sir
mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts
The water in Lair is even more impressive.  I want to jump in it!
captainhowdy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 captainhowdy23
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
  Nice this game looks fantastic I hope it lives up to the hype :D.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

those screens made me cry blood. Seriously, though it may not have super-ultra fine textures, but I'd say it's just barely below Gears of War. Remember that this is also a wide open game with enviorments measured in dozens of square kilometers, as well as having massive armies to fight, so I would say it is even with Gears overall.

Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

Why the heck does IGN get all the good stuff so quick?  I pay to be a member here but get all the new info from IGN.  Weird huh?
emitsu97

lol, were you one of those people that paid money expecting a video feed of the TGS conference, only to get an audio feed about GTHD's environments and the background noises of an Afrika trailer?

ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZeLeam

those screens made me cry blood. Seriously, though it may not have super-ultra fine textures, but I'd say it's just barely below Gears of War. Remember that this is also a wide open game with enviorments measured in dozens of square kilometers, as well as having massive armies to fight, so I would say it is even with Gears overall.

Mordred19
If you look at the textures only i'd say Gears wins hands down tbh... I agree with you tho, if you take into account how huge map are, the cool horizon, huge beasts and amount of soldiers in screen i'd put it at the same level
Jamh83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jamh83
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts
I have an idea...we all go over to the IGN message boards and just leave this pathetic site.HuhJustaBox
Believe me the last thing you want to do is go join the IGN message boards, their site is great for news but the mods have pretty much abandoned the PS3 forums. I haven't posted there in months because of the rampant trolling that goes on there, believe me they're having a field day over the Europe BC issue over there.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TE_Lawrence
Member since 2005 • 6934 Posts
[QUOTE="HuhJustaBox"]I have an idea...we all go over to the IGN message boards and just leave this pathetic site.Jamh83
Believe me the last thing you want to do is go join the IGN message boards, their site is great for news but the mods have pretty much abandoned the PS3 forums. I haven't posted there in months because of the rampant trolling that goes on there, believe me they're having a field day over the Europe BC issue over there.

Yes one can say a lot about Gamespot, but the mods have done a great job here lately. :)
Tomo1s4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tomo1s4
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

i think they look too shiny :) they must polish that armour a lot 

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
hmmm i liked the older pics better but thats just me
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="danneswegman"]i think it will look great in motion. but it proves again that detailed textures are not the PS3's best quality...ZeLeam
You have a funny understanding of proof sir

well, you read it as bashing, but i just observe. If you can't see it.. great for you. But people with a 360 or good Gaming PC know how textures CAn look.. trully no bashing.. it's just something that confirmes what allready was shown in other PS3 games and what developers tell us..... the game will still look great in motion i think. When you fly around and battle some dragon, you won't be nittpicking at some textures....
Drakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Drakier
Member since 2004 • 1444 Posts
This is probably a very noobie question but why does an ad appear everytime I try to view an image in IGN? It's so annoying! I would feel so much better once I disable these things.
Dr-Strangelove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dr-Strangelove
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts
This is probably a very noobie question but why does an ad appear everytime I try to view an image in IGN? It's so annoying! I would feel so much better once I disable these things.Drakier

because the pictures are from IGN give them a second to load.

rpgfayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rpgfayth
Member since 2005 • 327 Posts
oh my lord... they looked superb..
Kiks10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kiks10
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
pics look simply beautiful. i cant wait to buy this game
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
[QUOTE="Mordred19"]

those screens made me cry blood. Seriously, though it may not have super-ultra fine textures, but I'd say it's just barely below Gears of War. Remember that this is also a wide open game with enviorments measured in dozens of square kilometers, as well as having massive armies to fight, so I would say it is even with Gears overall.

ZeLeam
If you look at the textures only i'd say Gears wins hands down tbh... I agree with you tho, if you take into account how huge map are, the cool horizon, huge beasts and amount of soldiers in screen i'd put it at the same level

Yeah, but the architecture is nowhere near as complex as Gears Of War, Its basically Mountains and Water!
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Yeah, but the architecture is nowhere near as complex as Gears Of War, Its basically Mountains and Water!Cubs360

You mean all the flat surfaces with pretty skins and little to no interactivity?  Crackdown is a much better next-gen game than Gears, even without the shiny graphics.
ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ZeLeam
[QUOTE="ZeLeam"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]

Cubs360

Yeah, but the architecture is nowhere near as complex as Gears Of War, Its basically Mountains and Water!

LMAO. Please cubs stay in SW... I loved Geow but complex is the last adjetive i'd give it. Neither for maps or ammount of stuff going on screen...
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts

Cubs360

Wow, I thought my friend was just kidding when he said GeOW is all you guys 360 fanboys) got, but he was right. that is your comparing point for everything. LOL. I mean, people thought it was rediculous to compare GeOW to Resistance... But comparing a third person shooter to a Dragon flight RPG? Let me be the first to ask. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Wow... drop the GeOW comparisons. Weather or not Lair looks "better" or not is purely opinion, as people will always be fanboys about it. But comparing the two is just retarded. They are COMPLETELY different graphic styles. Its like comparing Van Goh to Michaelangelo. So sad.
been09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 been09
Member since 2006 • 254 Posts
I'm totally hyped about this game, have you guys seen those sick screens that show that you'll be able to fight against enemies hundreds of times bigger then the dragon? Kind of reminds me of SotC, cept with a massive dragon fighting a even bigger...thing. http://www.ultimagame.com/play_station_3/imagen_f154266_x.html and these screens look awesome too http://www.ultimagame.com/play_station_3/imagen_f154257_x.html http://www.ultimagame.com/play_station_3/imagen_f154255_x.html *Note, I think this websites mixed old and new screenshots. Since some look totally amazing, like the one with water above, and some look muddy with blurry textures.
been09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 been09
Member since 2006 • 254 Posts

Cubs360

I'm pretty sure a sea of water would be as complex as any structure, especially realistic water. Leave now, you can't compare Gears and a flying dragon game. Just doesn't make sense.
dan_brouwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 dan_brouwer
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
I'm not sure about this, but I don't think there has ever been a killer app dragon combat game until Lair.
Jigsaw_McGraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 Jigsaw_McGraw
Member since 2006 • 1231 Posts
I think the other threads pictures looked much better than these.
dan_brouwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 dan_brouwer
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think there has ever been a killer app dragon combat game until Lair.
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts
In the second picture it looks like the guy's dragon is his ***** because he's go a mace in his hands and it looks like he's about to whip the dragon:lol:
whiteshadow55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 whiteshadow55
Member since 2003 • 425 Posts
[QUOTE="Cubs360"][QUOTE="ZeLeam"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]

0rin

Wow, I thought my friend was just kidding when he said GeOW is all you guys 360 fanboys) got, but he was right. that is your comparing point for everything. LOL. I mean, people thought it was rediculous to compare GeOW to Resistance... But comparing a third person shooter to a Dragon flight RPG? Let me be the first to ask. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Wow... drop the GeOW comparisons. Weather or not Lair looks "better" or not is purely opinion, as people will always be fanboys about it. But comparing the two is just retarded. They are COMPLETELY different graphic styles. Its like comparing Van Goh to Michaelangelo. So sad.

i agree is completely annoying to come to thread now adays every fricken thread is Gears pwns its a dream of mine now to come on here and have a clean non fanboy thread and god for bid not one meantion of gears
prolly wont happen 360 bots are fricken loud kinda like liberals lol
anyways Lairs looks like the SH!t cant wait for it dragons... enough said
lokestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lokestar
Member since 2006 • 956 Posts
This game is going to PWN!!  I can't wait.  I just hope it lives up to all this hype.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
3rd one is pretty damn good
Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts

[QUOTE="jelopek"][QUOTE="JordanKid"]it looks great, and yah IGN is great for news, if i were you id pay for them, gamespot doesnt even cover PS3 they just give some bad news every once in awhile, bash it, and say its bad theres ps3s still left to preorder in Europe yet they broke records and out preorder the wii by 15x as muchHuhJustaBox

Yes!  IGN blows gamespot out of the water.  I am about done here at gamespot.  Their bias against the PS3 is entirely obnoxious.  Have you seen the crap where there claim that the PS3 has limited hardware?  Just because it will not be b/c with some PS2 games right at the launch in Europe.  Even though this will all be addressed in updates.

Pathetic Gamespot!!  I am tired of your negative spin and making mountains out of mole hills.  Yeah the number of PS3 preoders blew the Wii's and 360's numbers out of the water...yet they slanted it and acted like no one was preodering.  I love their idea of journalism.

I have an idea...we all go over to the IGN message boards and just leave this pathetic site.

www.PSU.com is pretty good too.
rebirthofman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rebirthofman
Member since 2003 • 629 Posts
Can't wait to play.