More Bioshock PS3 Rumors And Whispers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hurmatps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hurmatps3
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

It's a lot like the MGS 4-on-Xbox 360 rumor...it just won't go away.

Bioshock is easily one of the most anticipated games of the year; the futuristic action pseudo-sequel to the revered System Shock series is definitely on many a wish list. However, as it is currently only confirmed for the Xbox 360 and PC, PS3 owners are constantly searching for evidence that this is yet another console exclusive that won't be so exclusive in the future. And more evidence is exactly what they have now, even if it is more rumors.

First, PSU reports that, during their conversation with the game's developers, they hinted there would be a PS3 version of the title that landed the 2007 Game Critics Award for Best Action Game. The devs even went so far as to say it would arrive next spring. Then SPOnG apparently had a brief sit-down with lead developer Ken Levine, and his reply to the question, "What happened to the PS3 version?" is as follows-

"If I talk about anything outside of the Xbox 360 version, my corporate overlords will spank me. We love the 360, we love working on it and we're not talking about any other versions right now."

Obviously, depending on how you look at it, this denial is almost as good as a confirmation. Levine made it clear that because his team has a contract, he really can't talk about anything outside of the 360 and PC versions. Now, none of this is confirmed - heck, even all this rumor talk could be a rumor - but it'll certainly get everyone talking. Bioshock on the PS3, even if it doesn't arrive until 2008, would be a pretty big deal.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1670.html

Discuss

themm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 themm
Member since 2004 • 2605 Posts
i don't think it will happen. Not cuz it can't, just cuz Lazy devepolers won't dedicate the time
machaveli7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 machaveli7
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

i don't think it will happen. Not cuz it can't, just cuz Lazy devepolers won't dedicate the time themm

Agree!!!!!

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Jeff spilled it on the Hotspot months ago, later saying they broke an embargo, but not specifying what it was.
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts
Probably will show up in '08, but hopefully will have a great port, unlike some games (FEAR I'm looking at U).
eredgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 eredgar
Member since 2005 • 225 Posts
Why not earn some more money right?

If you tell MS that you wont tell anyone that your going to put it on another system, and you wait at least 6 months, then it shouldn't really you do you much harm, anyone that was going to buy a 360 just for it will have done so, anyone who has both consoles will have already bought the 360 version. Worked great for RE4, Ninja Gaiden, Rainbow 6:vegas. They complain about how expensive developing is now? make everything multiplatform. I'll gladly trade exclusive rights of MGS4 or killzone for a bioshock.
Why Fight? when everyone can be happy.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
i don't think it will happen. Not cuz it can't, just cuz Lazy devepolers won't dedicate the time themm

Irrational are very dedicated developers. More often than not, the cause of poor ports is due to the publisher, not the developer.
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
ahmen to that. what ever happend to sharing lol. there shouldn't be any exclusive anymore at best they should be timed from now on. they can make it for which ever console they want and port it later. its not like it want make them money.
enotlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enotlp
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts
This is going to be awesome. I really didn't want to upgrade my computer this year just so I could play bioshock.
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts

ahmen to that. what ever happend to sharing lol. there shouldn't be any exclusive anymore at best they should be timed from now on. they can make it for which ever console they want and port it later. its not like it want make them money.clarkportmanken

so you think mgs4 and ff 13 should go multiplatform like there were rumored to be also?

Puppa_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Puppa_Shogun
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts

[QUOTE="clarkportmanken"]ahmen to that. what ever happend to sharing lol. there shouldn't be any exclusive anymore at best they should be timed from now on. they can make it for which ever console they want and port it later. its not like it want make them money.SmoothBrother1

so you think mgs4 and ff 13 should go multiplatform like there were rumored to be also?

If thats the case Sony buys Kojima Productions and lets SquareEnix do whatever they want with FF. Its what I'd do but i dont run the show.

clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clarkportmanken

yeah but i also think gear halo and mass effect should go multi plat as well. its seems pointless to me to have any game be on just one console. developers can choose which platform they want as the starting one and then just port after that, or at the very least they should be open to the possibility of porting as opposed to being so stubborn.

also what baffles me is how people praise Kojimi and have such faith in square enix but if you say they are going multiplat then everyone thinks the games will suffer because of it. if they can't make a multiplat game that works great on both platforms then they can't really make a exclusive game that will be very good on its platform is what i think. i think Kojimi and square enix have proven they have the chops to go multiplat and not have either version suffer because of it.

though honestly im not a fan of either series and not gonna get them. but iam excited for halo bioshock and mass effect and think it would be great if they went multiplat too, i hope that shows that i really do believe there shouldn't be anymore exclusives. some of us have all three consoles but most don't so why should they be shut out

GlavinChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GlavinChris
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts

You're missing the business side of it. It is about the money... A lot of devs that are exclusive are getting paid big bucks or are funded.

-The Glavin

LastSamurai14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LastSamurai14
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts

[QUOTE="clarkportmanken"]ahmen to that. what ever happend to sharing lol. there shouldn't be any exclusive anymore at best they should be timed from now on. they can make it for which ever console they want and port it later. its not like it want make them money.SmoothBrother1

Those guys have denied it MANY times, have great relations with Sony, and have several reasons to to port it. The devs of Bioshock have never 100% said no, and it's Take two for christ sake.

If it sells bad on the 360, 08 release for sure. This and Eternal Sonata are the only 2 3rd party 360 games I want.

hurmatps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hurmatps3

Microsoft never confirmed that bioshock was a xbox 360 exclusive, so we might actually see it on the ps3.

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts
if it does cool f it dosnt idc because ill be playing it on my PC
mfarris2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mfarris2006
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts
Bioshock does not interest me one bit so I could care less if it comes to PS3
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clarkportmanken
[QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"]

[QUOTE="clarkportmanken"]ahmen to that. what ever happend to sharing lol. there shouldn't be any exclusive anymore at best they should be timed from now on. they can make it for which ever console they want and port it later. its not like it want make them money.LastSamurai14

Those guys have denied it MANY times, have great relations with Sony, and have several reasons to to port it. The devs of Bioshock have never 100% said no, and it's Take two for christ sake.

If it sells bad on the 360, 08 release for sure. This and Eternal Sonata are the only 2 3rd party 360 games I want.

i think if it sells good then they will go ahead and port it to the ps3 not if it sells bad though, it be to big a risk. also on a side note i tried the demo for eternal sonata didn't think i was gonna like it and i ended up loving it hope it comes out for the ps3 as well.

bluntiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bluntiss
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
These are some interesting comments here guys. Exclusives is what made the ps what it is today. Sadly, I don't think that Bioshock will make it to the ps3. Yes it's going to be an incredible game but it will sell enough on the 360 and pc to make them not want to bother porting it to ps3. Should God of War go to the 360 or actually 36o and ps3 are the only true next gen systems. So should Gow go to 360? I don't think so.. Both companies will pay an arm and a leg for top selling titles to remain exclusive on their console.
southernboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 southernboy01
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts

Im pretty sure the 360 will get mgs4 but i doubt the PS3 will get bioshock..

Bolund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bolund
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts

hurmatps3

Its nothing like the MGS4 rumor by Bioshock was orgnially annoucend for PC 360 AND PS3 then MS bought the exclusive right 4 months after develpoment on the PS3 started. Meaning they were actully working on a PS3 version making more real than MGS4 on 360 cause development for that never started. Flamming end.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

YES!! I dont believe in 3rd party exclusivity anymore and think it should go away. Now at the same time, i have no issues with "timed exclusives" simply because it gives gamers a reason to maybe make a purchase of one console over another. It keeps the competiton up between console makers. Examples being Bioshock, MGS 4 and UT 3!
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
I think it will come to ps3 eventually but much later, kinda like with oblivion.
sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

yeah but i also think gear halo and mass effect should go multi plat as well. its seems pointless to me to have any game be on just one console. developers can choose which platform they want as the starting one and then just port after that, or at the very least they should be open to the possibility of porting as opposed to being so stubborn.

also what baffles me is how people praise Kojimi and have such faith in square enix but if you say they are going multiplat then everyone thinks the games will suffer because of it. if they can't make a multiplat game that works great on both platforms then they can't really make a exclusive game that will be very good on its platform is what i think. i think Kojimi and square enix have proven they have the chops to go multiplat and not have either version suffer because of it.

though honestly im not a fan of either series and not gonna get them. but iam excited for halo bioshock and mass effect and think it would be great if they went multiplat too, i hope that shows that i really do believe there shouldn't be anymore exclusives. some of us have all three consoles but most don't so why should they be shut out

clarkportmanken

so what you are pretty much saying is that we should just have one system and competition should be non-existent?

herozs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 herozs
Member since 2006 • 804 Posts
I bet it will be a timed exclusive.
eredgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 eredgar
Member since 2005 • 225 Posts

yeah there should still be time exclusives give insentives. Companies can make games whoever they want, but it should be there choice to go multi-platform

if the game sucks and you just make it for ps2, thats fine. Worst they should be able to buy is time until it goes multi-platform.
Then theres only time and console facts deciding which to get. ps3 for higher-def Blu-Ray sixaxis, 360 for cheaper and rumble. And backwards compatibility for whichever you want.

The only people hurting are average consumers w/ 1 console, and want to buy a game, and developers who want to sell a game. Basically 360 is just buying every ps3 copy of bioshock out there, so we cant get our hands on it.

clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clarkportmanken
[QUOTE="clarkportmanken"]

sakura_Ex

so what you are pretty much saying is that we should just have one system and competition should be non-existent?

no not at all what im suggesting is actually for all games to be sort of timed exclusives. this way each version can be worked on separately and optimized for the console. the hardware is different so the game will be not be the same on each version. one version may look better then the other or have more stuff, but all im saying is at least give the other guys a chance at playing the games.

i think if anything having game go multiplat makes things more competitive being restricted to one platform removes all competition. plus imagine a super smash brothers brawl where you have link master chief and rachet how cool would that be lol

i know it will never happen lol but if it did i honestly think everyone would benefit including the developers.

hurmatps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hurmatps3

southernboy01

Get out of here you fanboy, we aren't talking about MSG4 gonig to the 360.

TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts
Chances of Bioshock coming out for PS3 are the same as MGS4 hitting XBOX 360.
rogue_zero_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rogue_zero_one
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
bioshock is "meh" :|
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
just play it on a pc, its how fps are meant to be played
RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts
[QUOTE="hurmatps3"]

Bolund

Its nothing like the MGS4 rumor by Bioshock was orgnially annoucend for PC 360 AND PS3 then MS bought the exclusive right 4 months after develpoment on the PS3 started. Meaning they were actaully working on a PS3 version making more real than MGS4 on 360 cause development for that never started. Flamming end.

Thank you!!

everyone please listen to him

noir325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 noir325
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
As cool as it would be on the PS3 I know its not.
kelindas02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kelindas02
Member since 2004 • 343 Posts

one thing that interests me is how some people feel that every game should be multiplatform. everyone gets the game, everyone's happy right? in theory and in a perfect world maybe. but if every console had the same games, what's the reason for owning the more expensive console then?

if i was a potential buyer, looking to buy a console for the first time, going by the saying "games make the console," but I'm seeing two different gaming consoles with one cheaper than the other, but both have the same games, and the two games look to be on par with the other... what's the incentive for me to buy the more expensive console? especially if the cheaper console has the same game? this is going by the thought that "every game should be multiplat which includes 1st/2nd party developers" now, if all 3rd party titles are indeed multiplatform then it's kind of a different story. but if we go by "every game should be multiplatform," then the more expensive console is definitely gonna lose out. simply because with every game on every system, what's the point of me spending so and so more, especially when the cheaper got the same game and it's cheaper. I save money. I'm happy. but the company that loses money and basically made a pointless system would be the more expensive console makers... and they would be unhappy.

the idea that every game should be multiplatform is an overall stupid idea because as people say: "games make the console". and without exclusive content there would be no real competition.

i don't know, just my little 2 cents i'm throwing into the pond, which will get more than likely misinterpreted, flamed, and lord knows what else.. but it needs to be said.

yay for exclusive content. That's what makes these consoles shining stars. be they the ps3, the 360 or the wii.

Harrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Harrick
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts
Bioshock can stay on 360 and FFXIII better stay on PS3. I need a valid reason for getting both of them! :P
ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts

A surprise Bioshock announcement will be made on Sunday.

"In addition, the trailer debut will close with a surprise announcement by Game Head's Geoff Keighley. You won't want to miss this!"

http://kotaku.com/gaming/special-surprise-inside%21/bioshock-trailer-premiers-sunday-on-spiketv-287949.php

Possibly Ps3 Bioshock? The only other possible announcement would be a demo coming to PC/XBLA, but that wouldn't really be a surprise... And Gamehead does get big exclusive announcements. They were the first to report on the new R* exclusive franchise for ps3.

junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts

southernboy01

its more likely bioshock will come to ps3 and mgs4 will not go to 360. its been like 100% confirmed already mgs4 is on ps3 ONLY but bioshock is in question atm. i doubt it'll happen but look what happened to oblivion.

you can never trust those american companies for exclusivty support

clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clarkportmanken

one thing that interests me is how some people feel that every game should be multiplatform. everyone gets the game, everyone's happy right? in theory and in a perfect world maybe. but if every console had the same games, what's the reason for owning the more expensive console then?

if i was a potential buyer, looking to buy a console for the first time, going by the saying "games make the console," but I'm seeing two different gaming consoles with one cheaper than the other, but both have the same games, and the two games look to be on par with the other... what's the incentive for me to buy the more expensive console? especially if the cheaper console has the same game? this is going by the thought that "every game should be multiplat which includes 1st/2nd party developers" now, if all 3rd party titles are indeed multiplatform then it's kind of a different story. but if we go by "every game should be multiplatform," then the more expensive console is definitely gonna lose out. simply because with every game on every system, what's the point of me spending so and so more, especially when the cheaper got the same game and it's cheaper. I save money. I'm happy. but the company that loses money and basically made a pointless system would be the more expensive console makers... and they would be unhappy.

the idea that every game should be multiplatform is an overall stupid idea because as people say: "games make the console". and without exclusive content there would be no real competition.

i don't know, just my little 2 cents i'm throwing into the pond, which will get more than likely misinterpreted, flamed, and lord knows what else.. but it needs to be said.

yay for exclusive content. That's what makes these consoles shining stars. be they the ps3, the 360 or the wii.

kelindas02

If the game was identical on all three platforms then yeah why wouldn't you buy the cheapest console in the first place. the reality is that the game will vary from console to console even multiplats now aren't the same. the ps3 and 360 are different and have different strengths and weaknesses which developers can take advantage of.

you can make the same argument about games coming out right now. there shooters rpg spy games etc.. any game on a console has a somewhat similar game on the other console, though the execution is slightly different because of the hardware. all im saying is why can't all games go multiplat and take advantage of each consoles specific hardware, that way we have different versions, in a sense, of the same game. gamers can choose which they like best.

plus the more games in a console library the more other developers are pushed to make there take on what ever genre stand out. though i understand what your saying as well and i don't think your wrong im just saying in a perfect world it could be great

but the reality is that the developers most likely will cut corners and not utilize the hardware in which case the lead platform will be the better version. though thats not so bad either cause while u may get a crappier version of halo or MGS you at least get to play it and see what its like. anyways just my opinion and i think ill make this my last long winded post of the day lol

Psythce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Psythce
Member since 2003 • 1173 Posts

southernboy01
Hey dude , what does it take to make you realize MGS4 is not going to Xbox 360? Phil Harrison himself said that it is EXCLUSIVE straight up , he made it literally LOUD and CLEAR , Phil Harrison wouldn't say it was exclusive if he hadn't done something to make it exclusive , plus the fact that Sony is doing the MGS film , uh yeah....Think again buddy
sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sakura_Ex
[QUOTE="sakura_Ex"][QUOTE="clarkportmanken"]

clarkportmanken

no not at all what im suggesting is actually for all games to be sort of timed exclusives. this way each version can be worked on separately and optimized for the console. the hardware is different so the game will be not be the same on each version. one version may look better then the other or have more stuff, but all im saying is at least give the other guys a chance at playing the games.

i think if anything having game go multiplat makes things more competitive being restricted to one platform removes all competition. plus imagine a super smash brothers brawl where you have link master chief and rachet how cool would that be lol

i know it will never happen lol but if it did i honestly think everyone would benefit including the developers.

that doesn't make sense,in order to have competition is to have something thatthe other person/company doesn't have,ifthey both had the same exact thing thenwhat's the point of competition?.i don't know what world you live in but i wouldn't like that one single bit,i like the fact that each console has different than each other because if they all had the same exact game there would be no point in three different companies.

Oh yeah and the part about brawl with master chief and etc would suck imo

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sakura_Ex

kelindas02

finally someone with some sense

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
Bioshock will sell better on the PS3 because the PS3 is a more global system. And their fans would appreciate the historical stories of Ayn Rand a lot more than your average xboxer. This is not just a "shooter." Although, most xbots will play it for that reason. They are more interested in blowing things up rather than the story.