Monster Hunter Freedom unite: worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ABRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ABRed
Member since 2009 • 298 Posts

So yeah, I've always been tempted to buy MHFU, but I never actually did. I was like: maybe its the time. The thing that is a very big let down for me is that we can't play online with other people (I mean, not via Bluetooth or something) and I have no friend who have a PSP so... Is it still worth it if I'm gonna be playing alone. And the game is like 20$ so its not to bad... but if the single player experience isn't really worth it, I might just skip on this one.

lewispetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lewispetty
Member since 2009 • 417 Posts

i think the price went down to $10 and its worth it even the single player experience also, there is a ton of content

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

i think the price went down to $10 and its worth it even the single player experience also, there is a ton of content

lewispetty

It's still $20 on the PS Store, but us.playstation.com has it listed as a $9.99 favorite. I e-mailed Sony asking for a refund of the difference so we'll see.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
If you've never played it before then get the demo and try it out first. Monster Hunter is a hate it or love it game and there is no in-between. You'll either be too frustrated going through the campaign missions or you'll enjoy collecting and boosting your gear to win the next mission.
Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

DON'T PLAY THE DEMO.

It made me hate the game. Then, during a Gamestop sale I got a new copy for $5 and I love it. It's an incredible game. The demo throws you in with no idea of what you're doing and no ability to craft your gear or do anything that makes it less confusing.

For $10 it's still worth it. Even $20. I spent 20 hours on it in the last week, and am not in any way tired of it even after so much consecutive play :D

Just remember to play with your index finger curled around to rest on the D-pad so you can control the camera. Then you'll have no problems with it.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Playing the demo made me love it, but for $10 you can't go wrong...
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
I hated the demo and loved the game.
got_ice_tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 got_ice_tea
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

I was thinking the same thing I was watching videos and all I saw was some one kill a dragon and thats all can you get tons of different weapons and stuff i saw you have a pet can you gear him up too.

Shrimpkid300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shrimpkid300
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Worth it. While there is no online experience, the singe player is great. You'll have plenty to do.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

So yeah, I've always been tempted to buy MHFU, but I never actually did. I was like: maybe its the time. The thing that is a very big let down for me is that we can't play online with other people (I mean, not via Bluetooth or something) and I have no friend who have a PSP so... Is it still worth it if I'm gonna be playing alone. And the game is like 20$ so its not to bad... but if the single player experience isn't really worth it, I might just skip on this one.

ABRed

Being that the PSP allows you to hunt real monsters, Coolyfett says you should give it a shot. There really is a lot of things you can do in the game. Plus there no telling what features Monster Hunter Freedom 3 will have so it may be wise to get your skills up so you can jump right in when MHF3 comes out.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Coolyfett

DON'T PLAY THE DEMO.

It made me hate the game. Then, during a Gamestop sale I got a new copy for $5 and I love it. It's an incredible game. The demo throws you in with no idea of what you're doing and no ability to craft your gear or do anything that makes it less confusing.

For $10 it's still worth it. Even $20. I spent 20 hours on it in the last week, and am not in any way tired of it even after so much consecutive play :D

Just remember to play with your index finger curled around to rest on the D-pad so you can control the camera. Then you'll have no problems with it.

Fusionmix

Coolyfett is in agreement with this. The Demo really does not explain much.

RoyalDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RoyalDeath
Member since 2009 • 1268 Posts
If you have access to Wifi then yeah it's worth it. If you don't then pick up a different game.
Rizelea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rizelea
Member since 2011 • 140 Posts
Worth it. No questions asked
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
I thought the demo was okay, so I went and bought the game and hated it. It was so frustrating. But then again, I'm more of the pick-up-and-play gamer now. I don't have the patience to learn such complex games anymore...
janardan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 janardan123
Member since 2011 • 80 Posts

No. I'm a fan of Monster Hunter but freedom was just horrible. I got Freedom when it came out and all it had was just alternate colors. Wasn't worth it.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Coolyfett

I thought the demo was okay, so I went and bought the game and hated it. It was so frustrating. But then again, I'm more of the pick-up-and-play gamer now. I don't have the patience to learn such complex games anymore...podliver
Yes it is definately not a pick up and play game. You really have to get involed and get your skills up to par to really enjoy it.

podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

[QUOTE="podliver"]I thought the demo was okay, so I went and bought the game and hated it. It was so frustrating. But then again, I'm more of the pick-up-and-play gamer now. I don't have the patience to learn such complex games anymore...Coolyfett

Yes it is definately not a pick up and play game. You really have to get involed and get your skills up to par to really enjoy it.

No kidding, I had no idea how to do anything or where to go during quests. The extremely long tutorials were slightly annoying too.
Avatar image for bowchikawowowow
bowchikawowowow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 bowchikawowowow
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts

I just bought the game along wit MGS peace walker, am soo happy this game is one of the greaest games i have ever played, with 500 hours possible gameplay you cant go wrong woth this, i have a cousin and a couple of friends who share my psn acc so i can have like 4 copies for the price of one, but playing ingle is more easier and its more exciting when you kill a monster by urself, well i do atleast i feel badass and i punch the corpse, the is one of the best parts of the game if u ask me, punching the corpse by taunting it...IMO of course

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Coolyfett

I just bought the game along wit MGS peace walker, am soo happy this game is one of the greaest games i have ever played, with 500 hours possible gameplay you cant go wrong woth this, i have a cousin and a couple of friends who share my psn acc so i can have like 4 copies for the price of one, but playing ingle is more easier and its more exciting when you kill a monster by urself, well i do atleast i feel badass and i punch the corpse, the is one of the best parts of the game if u ask me, punching the corpse by taunting it...IMO of course

bowchikawowowow

You share your PSN account?? Thats very risky...MH would be so much better if all the regions were all connected.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#20 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

Please use the recommendation sticky.